Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

whoever planned the seating layout at ccs needs shooting!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:31 pm

The atmosphere down there at the moment breaks my heart! Whoever decided the seating arrangements is thick as shit.we all know back in the day at ninnian we were the 12th man,f**k ME! i used to think i was invincible on the bob bank in the 80's ,surrounded by passionate city fans craving success and baying for the oppositions blood! Back in the 80's we were having crowds as low as 2 and 3000 BUT STILL HAVING A GOOD ATMOSPHERE!!!! and even on good days in the 80's when wed have maybe 10,000 the place was always rocking,i used to love looking around the ground when we scored and seeing total carnage with bodies flying everywhere! Even if we only won a corner every fucker in there would pump there hand towards the direction of play chanting BLUEBIRDS!!! the away fans used to go away thinkin FAIRPLAY!!! and also turn up at our ground shittin it!! These days there going away pissin themselves at us! I know alot of people will say those days are gone but why should they be? f**k me 23.000 and 26,000 crowds and the atmosphere is shit ,something needs to be done asap as now is the time the team needs that 12th man us the crowd!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: whoever planned the seating layout at ccs needs shooting!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:34 pm

pokie1 wrote:The atmosphere down there at the moment breaks my heart! Whoever decided the seating arrangements is thick as shit.we all know back in the day at ninnian we were the 12th man,f**k ME! i used to think i was invincible on the bob bank in the 80's ,surrounded by passionate city fans craving success and baying for the oppositions blood! Back in the 80's we were having crowds as low as 2 and 3000 BUT STILL HAVING A GOOD ATMOSPHERE!!!! and even on good days in the 80's when wed have maybe 10,000 the place was always rocking,i used to love looking around the ground when we scored and seeing total carnage with bodies flying everywhere! Even if we only won a corner every fucker in there would pump there hand towards the direction of play chanting BLUEBIRDS!!! the away fans used to go away thinkin FAIRPLAY!!! and also turn up at our ground shittin it!! These days there going away pissin themselves at us! I know alot of people will say those days are gone but why should they be? f**k me 23.000 and 26,000 crowds and the atmosphere is shit ,something needs to be done asap as now is the time the team needs that 12th man us the crowd!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

try being in the family stand.
first of all we have to walk all the way around the stadium to get in, then we have the away fans hurling abuse and objects at the kids.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:46 pm

"whoever planned the seating layout at CCS needs shooting"

I agree with you, cos yesterday the seats should of been turned the other way, far better view that would of been :D

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:"whoever planned the seating layout at CCS needs shooting"

I agree with you, cos yesterday the seats should of been turned the other way, far better view that would of been :D

spot on there mate the performance was shocking but its the week in week out performance of the fans that worrys me more !!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:57 pm

pokie1 wrote: i used to think i was invincible on the bob bank in the 80's ,surrounded by passionate city fans craving success and baying for the oppositions blood!

Surrounded??? f**k me you've got good eyesight :D

As I remember it back in those dark days on the bob the nearest fan or small group of folk as dull as me were twenty yards (18.288 metres approx) away. The burgers were shit and cold, the pies were shit and cold, the bovril tasted like ant piss and I got soaked when I went for a slash. Invincible we were not, cold, depressed and thinking of Doors songs perhaps. How times have changed............

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:59 pm

pokie1 wrote:

spot on there mate the performance was shocking but its the week in week out performance of the fans that worrys me more !!

What do you mean mate??

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:06 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
pokie1 wrote:

What do you mean mate??

theres just a total lack of vocal support inside the ground!!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Let's get it changed to improve the atmosphere , LEAVE A COMMENT AND YOUR FAN NUMBER! www.petitiononline.com/Cardiff

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Spot on pokie. Good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Seems to work IMO

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:13 pm

The trust should appeal to move the family stand to the canton stand to stop them being frightened and abused, they are our future, lets keep them safe so they will want to come again. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:18 pm

MalagaCF wrote:The trust should appeal to move the family stand to the canton stand to stop them being frightened and abused, they are our future, lets keep them safe so they will want to come again. :ayatollah:

The trust should do whats its members ask and all evidence suggest very few people want it moved

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:45 am

Way I see it, the Family Stand is often the first to sell out.

Switching ends will surely give them more room to put families in?

I couldn't care less about the lack of atmosphere, every time I've been down barring Plymouth last season (when I sat in the Family Stand) the atmosphere's been fine and I've sung myself a bit hoarse at the very least.

If you go week in week out you have to accept that the atmosphere will not be spellbounding every week as some games just will not be as inspirational as others.

If the team give us nothing to support (as with a 20 minute or so period in the Scunthorpe game when we went VERY quiet) then why should we support sub standard play? If they're struggling but fighting we'll support them all the way, but some of the recent ones (jacks & forest) have been insipid capitulations, with little to no fight from the players at all.

Show us passion, and we'll show you passion.

No change of ends will make the players pull their fingers out of their arses.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 am

pokie1 wrote:The atmosphere down there at the moment breaks my heart! Whoever decided the seating arrangements is thick as shit.we all know back in the day at ninnian we were the 12th man,f**k ME! i used to think i was invincible on the bob bank in the 80's ,surrounded by passionate city fans craving success and baying for the oppositions blood! Back in the 80's we were having crowds as low as 2 and 3000 BUT STILL HAVING A GOOD ATMOSPHERE!!!! and even on good days in the 80's when wed have maybe 10,000 the place was always rocking,i used to love looking around the ground when we scored and seeing total carnage with bodies flying everywhere! Even if we only won a corner every fucker in there would pump there hand towards the direction of play chanting BLUEBIRDS!!! the away fans used to go away thinkin FAIRPLAY!!! and also turn up at our ground shittin it!! These days there going away pissin themselves at us! I know alot of people will say those days are gone but why should they be? f**k me 23.000 and 26,000 crowds and the atmosphere is shit ,something needs to be done asap as now is the time the team needs that 12th man us the crowd!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

good post pokie :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:22 am

i remember the last season or two at ninian and the bob bank atmosphere was aweful with the exception of a few games