Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Genuine query?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:44 pm

The Ratcatcher wrote:Why dont you join up with them and tell them what they should be doing as a member or help out or get involved and do it yourself? Or do you just wanna bitch at them all the time coz I gotta be honest thats what it looks like from here mate. I aint a member of them and dont know what they do exactly to be honest but I wouldnt have a crack at them all the time like you been doing. Them and ccsc are all voluntary fans arent they. If you can do better then have a go mate.

for a start i don't bitch at them all the time, as far as i know this is the first time i have said anyhing about them.
i live in neath and don't drive so i won't be able to commit to getting to the meetings.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:A democracy like our country where we have to listen to the vitriol and war mongering from certain ethnic groups who are protected by democracy, people who should be deported, banned or at least jailed are protected by their democratic rights.Democracy, give me common sense any day of the week.

Who decides what common sense is if there is no democracy Gwyn ? :lol:

Yours may be different to every one elses.

Yes your right, democracy is the way forward and who am i to say use common sense, we should stick with the democratic approach and allow everyone a platform no matter how much of a minority they represent or how much damage they do or how much hurt they can cause a parent who has just lost a son serving in Afghanistan trying to allow democracy to get a foothold, who are we to try and prevent free speech, have you ever wondered how much free space and time you would be allowed in some of these countries in question, you could always explain to them (before they cut your throat) that your just expressing your democratic right.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Sorry mate I dont get on here often and only seen the two debates you been in today and in both you seem to really be against the trust. Maybe you could set up a supporters branch in neath and join up with the trust and ccsc when issues come up. I know we got plenty of fans up your way.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Right, The Only Posts EVER DELETED ARE Name Calling/Sniping/Bitching or People just coming on here from another Forum Trying to Wind This one up.
I Believe in Different Opinions and I LOVE GOOD DEBATES :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Now if You have a problem with This Forum, Please Dont bother to come on here, No one forces you.

WE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT, EVERY MONTH OUR NUMBER OF VISITS HAVE NOW INCREASED TO OVER 40,000 DIFFERENT IPS A MONTH,WE HAVE NEARLY 3,700 MEMBERS, Its NOOW BECOMING ONE OF THE BIGGEST FOOTBALL FORUMS AROUND :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Right, The Only Posts EVER DELETED ARE Name Calling/Sniping/Bitching or People just coming on here from another Forum Trying to Wind This one up.
Now if You have a problem with This Forum, Please Dont bother to come on here, No one forces you.

WE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT, EVERY MONTH OUR NUMBER OF VISITS HAVE NOW INCREASED TO OVER 40,000 DIFFERENT IPS A MONTH,WE HAVE NEARLY 3,700 MEMBERS, Its NOOW BECOMING ONE OF THE BIGGEST FOOTBALL FORUMS AROUND :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agredd, top Forum, good debates. Need to ban Claude blue though. No, love all opinions.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:23 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Right, The Only Posts EVER DELETED ARE Name Calling/Sniping/Bitching or People just coming on here from another Forum Trying to Wind This one up.

Agredd, top Forum, good debates. Need to ban Claude blue though. No, love all opinions.

:lol: :lol:

I leave him on here to show we do let everyone have their Say :lol:

CHEERS About The Forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:A democracy like our country where we have to listen to the vitriol and war mongering from certain ethnic groups who are protected by democracy, people who should be deported, banned or at least jailed are protected by their democratic rights.Democracy, give me common sense any day of the week.

Who decides what common sense is if there is no democracy Gwyn ? :lol:

Yours may be different to every one elses.

Yes your right, democracy is the way forward and who am i to say use common sense, we should stick with the democratic approach and allow everyone a platform no matter how much of a minority they represent or how much damage they do or how much hurt they can cause a parent who has just lost a son serving in Afghanistan trying to allow democracy to get a foothold, who are we to try and prevent free speech, have you ever wondered how much free space and time you would be allowed in some of these countries in question, you could always explain to them (before they cut your throat) that your just expressing your democratic right.

Gwyn.
I couldn't give a sh1t about these people. My father fought against them and they are cowards.
They are looking for attention - and many are falling right into their trap. THEY are trying to destroy democracy by dividing the people and goading for a reaction. a bit like one or 2 of the jacks who come on here !

You didnt really answer my question though over who decides on common sense. Even on the issue above mine is completely different from yours and its possible that EITHER of us are right. It also may be that I'm the ONLY one who holds that view - or you may be. Whichever response is correct will in a democracy be decided through the ballot box. On the army subject thats why we fought Hitler. He wanted people to follow his 'common sense'.
You didnt

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:32 pm

I think the keyword is common, to be common it would need to be the majority view or it would not be common, so in reality a form of democracy. Some would see letting every individual have a platform even if they have the support of only themselves.

Now as for message board democracy,the proof of the pudding is in the eating, if it gets huge numbers and continues growing then is that democratically correct or more a case of choice, if some are offended by having their posts removed or for being banned, then stay away, and if the board becomes boring or a lesser place for it, then market forces will see it collpase, but at the moment I don't see that happening, if you don't like the food, don't eat in the restaurant.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:39 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I think the keyword is common, to be common it would need to be the majority view or it would not be common, so in reality a form of democracy. Some would see letting every individual have a platform even if they have the support of only themselves.

Now as for message board democracy,the proof of the pudding is in the eating, if it gets huge numbers and continues growing then is that democratically correct or more a case of choice, if some are offended by having their posts removed or for being banned, then stay away, and if the board becomes boring or a lesser place for it, then market forces will see it collpase, but at the moment I don't see that happening, if you don't like the food, don't eat in the restaurant.

Some people's idea of 'common sense' Gwyn is not 'the majority view' though.

As for the message board personally I've not had any problems, despite often giving what is likely to be an 'alternative' view to the majority of the moderators, and as such I speak as I find.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:48 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:I think the keyword is common, to be common it would need to be the majority view or it would not be common, so in reality a form of democracy. Some would see letting every individual have a platform even if they have the support of only themselves.

Some people's idea of 'common sense' Gwyn is not 'the majority view' though.

As for the message board personally I've not had any problems, despite often giving what is likely to be an 'alternative' view to the majority of the moderators, and as such I speak as I find.

So it wont be common sense, more a case of personal opinion.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

shoes off, if you love this board. shoes off, if you love this board. shoes off

By bluebirdnips at 2010-11-21

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:30 pm

I've moderated a few forums, and trust me "Democracy" and "Free Speech" don't play a part.

For a kick-off, sometimes a moderator spots a post, sometimes he doesn't. You may have two different moderators on at different times and, as in "normal" life they have a decision to make and chances are will have two different views. You only need to watch an incident on match of the day and you'll have one pundit saying "red card" another saying "yellow" or even no foul at all. Same thing with moderating, some guy (or gal) just like you or me has to make a decision, sometimes they're right sometimes they're wrong, most of the time it's a completely subjective grey area where NOBODY is right or wrong.

Free speech is cobblers, you can't go around saying whatever you want about whoever you want (try it outside Cardiff central police station if you don't believe me :lol: )

I must confess I don't like a lot of opinions on this board, even some on this thread, but life is about different opinions, and I'd fight for their right to express them.

That said, I DO think you need consistency. For example, I've seen some comments aimed at Claude which, had they been made to Annis or Carl, would probably result in some form of moderating.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I leave him on here to show we do let everyone have their Say :lol:

Nope, you leave me here because you know I'm right!!

And you'd all miss my wit and repartee!!

It's a rotten job but someone's got to try to talk some sense into a numbers of posters on here :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:51 am

I posted some comments yesterday in response to the weekly update ..and they had been taken down within 5 mins

Nothing contenious was said....democracy eh

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 am

TCM wrote:I don't understand why people I know have been banned for simply giving viewpoints that differ to others? This isn't active participation?

Any evidence of that, or is it simply hearsay?

I know one prominent ex-Trust official was banned for the abuse he gave out - as was another individual involved. The other guy apologised and was allowed back. The ex-Trust official refuses to apologise and quite frankly seems to be spitting his dummy out on CCMB these days.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:16 am

nerd wrote:
TCM wrote:I don't understand why people I know have been banned for simply giving viewpoints that differ to others? This isn't active participation?

Any evidence of that, or is it simply hearsay?

I know one prominent ex-Trust official was banned for the abuse he gave out - as was another individual involved. The other guy apologised and was allowed back. The ex-Trust official refuses to apologise and quite frankly seems to be spitting his dummy out on CCMB these days.

Most of its in her mind, the only person She is on about is TLG(Her best friend) and he wanted to stop posting on here.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:22 am

If TCM thinks these type of posters and posts should be Allowed on here, they might be on the other mb,then I would rather her and them post else where.
No One Forces you TO LOOK ON HERE or POST ON HERE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' NO ATMOSPHERE/ NO TACTICS/ WE PANIC ? '
by greyprawn » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:
Why are you so keen to be next to the away fans?

Do you miss the constant staring and gesticulating (look it up!) at them rather than watching the game?

Why do you feel the need to do so? Youngsters I can understand wanting/enjoying the sort of playground antics we were used to NP but most of you on here are grown men!!!

It really is both sad and incredulous!!

Claude, After reading you once again Sniping/Slating me and This Forum on the other mb, I cant be bothered to even answer you anymore .

Probably because you haven't got any sensible answers to try and argue your case, Your all idiots on this forum half of you have never been to watch cardiff, the other half are dim wits.
greyprawn

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:37 am

lisvaneblue wrote:I posted some comments yesterday in response to the weekly update ..and they had been taken down within 5 mins

I have checked you have NOT HAD ONE POST DELETED, Why Come on Here and LIE ?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:
lisvaneblue wrote:I posted some comments yesterday in response to the weekly update ..and they had been taken down within 5 mins

because ccmb is down so they can't bitch about this board.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:55 am

differing opinions have always been welcomed on this Forum and sometimes agreeing to disagree is good for the system ..... but when things become personal and un-true then I think thats why certain individuals get banned and nothing else ! Always good to discuss the 2 sides to all stories and as an example some ppl think Hudson is the best centre half City have ever had and others like myself think he 's crap ( well , not so good then ) then we get the debate over Sam which is always good . But when individuals constantly slag off others then they are not welcome at all .............. sometimes tho due to the closeness and friendships of ex players and board members to a few on this Forum then 1 or 2 " debates " can feel personal when they are not and maybe again 1 or 2 on this Forum see that as a personal attack ?? IMO those that have been banned deserve it because they bring nothing positive to the table and just criticize for the sake of it :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If TCM thinks these type of posters and posts should be Allowed on here, they might be on the other mb,then I would rather her and them post else where.

Forever Blue wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:

Do you miss the constant staring and gesticulating (look it up!) at them rather than watching the game?

Why do you feel the need to do so? Youngsters I can understand wanting/enjoying the sort of playground antics we were used to NP but most of you on here are grown men!!!

Claude, After reading you once again Sniping/Slating me and This Forum on the other mb, I cant be bothered to even answer you anymore .

Probably because you haven't got any sensible answers to try and argue your case, Your all idiots on this forum half of you have never been to watch cardiff, the other half are dim wits.
greyprawn

So what, pray, is offensive in anything I've said there?

And yet I'm slating and sniping you!!!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Claude Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If TCM thinks these type of posters and posts should be Allowed on here, they might be on the other mb,then I would rather her and them post else where.

Forever Blue wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:

greyprawn

So what, pray, is offensive in anything I've said there?

And yet I'm slating and sniping you!!!

Claude Read it, Not you Greyprawn.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm

jamccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

because ccmb is down so they can't bitch about this board.

I didn't lie...I sent it, I saw it...it disappeared....IT clich??

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:53 pm

lisvaneblue wrote:I didn't lie...I sent it, I saw it...it disappeared....IT clich??

As has been stated on here many times, there are so many people on the messageboard at certain times and hitting submit on the same thread , what happens is if in between when you press the 'Post Reply' button and actually type up your post and hit ' submit ', if someone else has responded on the same thread then when you hit submit, your post actually goes to a 'preview' page showing you that someone else has replied since you starting typing, so then whilst in the preview page you have to hit submit again, do not press general chat or any other link otherwise your post will not submit.

I hope that is written so as it can be understood.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:
lisvaneblue wrote:I didn't lie...I sent it, I saw it...it disappeared....IT clich??

As has been stated on here many times, there are so many people on the messageboard at certain times and hitting submit on the same thread , what happens is if in between when you press the 'Post Reply' button and actually type up your post and hit ' submit ', if someone else has responded on the same thread then when you hit submit, your post actually goes to a 'preview' page showing you that someone else has replied since you starting typing, so then whilst in the preview page you have to hit submit again, do not press general chat or any other link otherwise your post will not submit.

He's right.
I've done it a few times.

The best thing is to go straight to the board and check its up and showing on the main list. If it disappears after then yes someone has binned it.

Or if its a long post save a copy and resubmit if it doesnt go through. Easy to keep putting it up then as well !

I dont know what does or does not get through, but it is easy to lose a post.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

He's right.

The best thing is to go straight to the board and check its up and showing on the main list. If it disappears after then yes someone has binned it.

Or if its a long post save a copy and resubmit if it doesnt go through. Easy to keep putting it up then as well !

I dont know what does or does not get through, but it is easy to lose a post.

Tim, imagine how I feel when 2 after writing my updates they have not gone through :evil:

But I have learned now, I right click and copy prior to hitting submit :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:03 pm

He's right.

I dont know what does or does not get through, but it is easy to lose a post.[/quote]
Tim, imagine how I feel when 2 after writing my updates they have not gone through :evil:

But I have learned now, I right click and copy prior to hitting submit :ayatollah:[/quote]

Ah, is that the latest excuse for the late delivery :lol: :lol:

No seriously it must be gutting.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:04 pm

If you press submit again it should go through. I'll try and turn it off tomorrow if I get chance.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Owain wrote:If you press submit again it should go through. I'll try and turn it off tomorrow if I get chance.

Thank you, it would solve some contentious issues.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:07 am

carlccfc wrote:
Owain wrote:If you press submit again it should go through. I'll try and turn it off tomorrow if I get chance.

Thank you, it would solve some contentious issues.

Thanks for the explanation. My 'lost' message was a response to your update..which was excellent and a better read than the weekend papers