Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did Anyone Just hear what Bellamy Said On Super Sunday?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:27 pm

Yesterday were wern't on the ball in truth we weren't on the ball all week in training :o :o :o :o

Is this the truth and where the hell was DJ it's his job to make sure the players are on the ball. Unbelievable :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Did Anyone Just hear what Bellamy Said On Super Sunday?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Yes i did, It makes you wonder what the hell is going on behind the scenes :o

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:45 pm

castleblue wrote:Yesterday were wern't on the ball in truth we weren't on the ball all week in training :o :o :o :o

Is this the truth and where the hell was DJ it's his job to make sure the players are on the ball. Unbelievable :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You cant force players to hit form, what you think DJ said right ill tell you what practice passing that ball to the other team :roll:

Maybe the problem has been that DJ hasnt been able to get across the message well enough as he is suffering with laryngitis, so maybe he is more important than people think :o

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:46 pm

castleblue wrote:Yesterday were wern't on the ball in truth we weren't on the ball all week in training :o :o :o :o

makes you think what bellamy really thinks of how cardiff train lol

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:48 pm

I hope Bellamys including himself in that coz he was rubbish yesterday.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

You cant force players to hit form, what you think DJ said right ill tell you what practice passing that ball to the other team :roll:

Maybe the problem has been that DJ hasnt been able to get across the message well enough as he is suffering with laryngitis, so maybe he is more important than people think :o

Maybe your right and he is more important than I certainly give him credit for, but then again maybe he is man who is unable to motivate his players. I believe craig here as his standards are higher than anyone else at the club including DJ.

A big problem made public for the first time by our highest profile player this is a big issue :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:51 pm

castleblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Maybe your right and he is more important than I certainly give him credit for, but then again maybe he is man who is unable to motivate his players. I believe craig here as his standards are higher than anyone else at the club including DJ.

yea i found it sly dig to rest of the players? cuz to be fair he had bad like rest of them. but hey bellamy does like to throw few spanners in the works.

A big problem made public for the first time by our highest profile player this is a big issue :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:52 pm

I dont think it is a big issue, I think its just been a bad week. Ive had bad weeks in work as well before now.
He manage to motivate them enough to get them up to second and other than DJ being unwell I dont see what else would have changed

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:00 pm

did you hear that he also said "jay wants to play in the premier league and fingers crossed he can do that with US next season". Craig obviously wants to stay with us, provided we can get promotion, so theres alot of positives to pick out from what he said. i just think people are too quick to get on the team's back sometimes, we cant play well every week, as someone else posted, we've all had bad week's in work. Let's get behind the team, we all know that Jonesy will be gone if we don't get promoted, so lets support him until the end of the season and see where it gets us, absolutely no point in changing the manager now (like some other threads are calling for). wouldn't it be typical of city to go and smash QPR next week???

C'mon City!!!
:ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I dont think it is a big issue, I think its just been a bad week. Ive had bad weeks in work as well before now.
He manage to motivate them enough to get them up to second and other than DJ being unwell I dont see what else would have changed

Fine your prepared to accept this but for me it is a clear indication of a problem, whatever the reasons are behind it.

But we are dealing with professional sportsmen here who are top of the league, and should be absolutely buzzing, cannot get motivated to train properly or turn up focused on a match.

I will never see this as anything other than a big problem. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:03 pm

He didnt say they didnt train properly he said they didnt train well, big difference IMO.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:04 pm

With the odd player on international duty, one in Dubai and others suffering from injury, I am not surprised that it was not a normal week in training.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:04 pm

flashgordon2 wrote:did you hear that he also said "jay wants to play in the premier league and fingers crossed he can do that with US next season". Craig obviously wants to stay with us, provided we can get promotion, so theres alot of positives to pick out from what he said. i just think people are too quick to get on the team's back sometimes, we cant play well every week, as someone else posted, we've all had bad week's in work. Let's get behind the team, we all know that Jonesy will be gone if we don't get promoted, so lets support him until the end of the season and see where it gets us, absolutely no point in changing the manager now (like some other threads are calling for). wouldn't it be typical of city to go and smash QPR next week???

C'mon City!!!
:ayatollah:

Look I haven't mentioned getting rid of DJ but this does raise the question of his personal motivation and his ability to motivate the team.

Maybe someone in the club should give him a mid season report and explain to him as clearly as possible that if we fail to get promoted he is gone. Maybe that would help motivate the guy to do his job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He didnt say they didnt train properly he said they didnt train well, big difference IMO.

Please come on that the same thing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote: other than DJ being unwell

He's got a bad side. :lol:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Well not to me they aint.

If Super Kev ran 200 yards to make a tackle but it was a poor and he gave a foul away I would say he isnt playing well
If Super Kev just stood there and didnt even bother to close the player down and tackle I would say he is not doing his job properly. TO me personally that is a big difference

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Well not to me they aint.

If Super Kev ran 200 yards to make a tackle but it was a poor and he gave a foul away I would say he isnt playing well
If Super Kev just stood there and didnt even bother to close the player down and tackle I would say he is not doing his job properly. TO me personally that is a big difference

Never heard of sports psychology then as you think it OK to be off your game both individually and as a group. :o

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:25 pm

No I dont think its ok to be off your game but it happens to every player and every club.

You only have to look at the premiership to see that.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No I dont think its ok to be off your game but it happens to every player and every club.

You only have to look at the premiership to see that.

And that's the point I'm trying to make here of course players can have a bad they are human at the end of the day, and I agree it can happen to the best players in the world.

My point is that we are hoping to gain promotion to the PL at sometime and over the last 5 years or so we have been told that we need a new ground, new training facilities etc to attract the right players to get us there.

The standards within the PL are amongst the highest in the world and most if not all clubs employ sports psychologists to work with the players both individually and as a group. When the manager sees that his team or individual players are off the mark he should have the pschologists all over them.

If Craig was saying the truth today, and I have no reason to doubt him, what was done during the week to deal with the issue because he didn't just say we had an off day, he said we had been off all week.

This is the 21st century and we are supposedly aiming to reach the highest domestic level of club football we should have every possible aid in place to ensure that our players, each professional sportsmen, reach match day in not only good physical condition but good mental condition.

This has not been the case this week and I 'm sorry but I question the manager for that, because his job goes beyond picking a team and tactics for a game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: