Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: My chat with Trust Representative

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 pm

TCM wrote:"PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT DO THE TRUST STAND FOR ? No one ever Answers"

I answered you yesterday Annis and there were a lot of leaflets given out which also explained this - and now I am going to bed - goodnight :-)

Don't let the bed bugs bite :D

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:04 pm

carlccfc wrote:
TCM wrote:"PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT DO THE TRUST STAND FOR ? No one ever Answers"

I answered you yesterday Annis and there were a lot of leaflets given out which also explained this - and now I am going to bed - goodnight :-)

Don't let the bed bugs bite :D

Tracey, You NEVER ANSWERED, You Said read Our Leaflet :roll: :roll:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Gwyn/ Jam,Totally agree with Your post, We Need an Organisation who Backs ALL ITS FANS and SPEAKS out and are Not Just pen pushers, WE NEED AN ORGANISATION WHICH HAS BOTH Pen Pushers and PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTION NOT TALK. Rem the March against THE RIDDLER, The trust went public as an Organisation and Refused to Back US, To this Day I cant Believe it and the Same with the train Fans, I have been Asking them for weeks to BACK THEM.

PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT DO THE TRUST STAND FOR ? No one ever Answers[/quote]

All here Annis http://www.ccfctrust.org/?page_id=2

And TBH the march issue has been done to death. Various people from the Trust, both those who are on the board (I wont name names) and ordinary members like myself joined in - it was left to us to make our minds up. I didnt need the trust or anyone else to advise me whether to join in or not.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Gwyn/ Jam,Totally agree with Your post, We Need an Organisation who Backs ALL ITS FANS and SPEAKS out and are Not Just pen pushers, WE NEED AN ORGANISATION WHICH HAS BOTH Pen Pushers and PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTION NOT TALK. Rem the March against THE RIDDLER, The trust went public as an Organisation and Refused to Back US, To this Day I cant Believe it and the Same with the train Fans, I have been Asking them for weeks to BACK THEM.

PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT DO THE TRUST STAND FOR ? No one ever Answers

And TBH the march issue has been done to death. Various people from the Trust, both those who are on the board (I wont name names) and ordinary members like myself joined in - it was left to us to make our minds up. I didnt need the trust or anyone else to advise me whether to join in or not.[/quote]

Tim, I have read it many many times, I want the Main Members to Explain what The Trust Stands For :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah:

Not just meetings with Gethin Jenkins, I can get one of those every week.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 pm

[If you genuinely want to discuss this you can find me at the trust area inside gate 5 on match days and I will be more than happy to discuss this with you then :-)[/quote]

Sorry for the confusion but i thought i read that they could meet you at the trust area inside gate 5 on match days, sorry about my confusion.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Gwyn/ Jam,Totally agree with Your post, We Need an Organisation who Backs ALL ITS FANS and SPEAKS out and are Not Just pen pushers, WE NEED AN ORGANISATION WHICH HAS BOTH Pen Pushers and PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTION NOT TALK. Rem the March against THE RIDDLER, The trust went public as an Organisation and Refused to Back US, To this Day I cant Believe it and the Same with the train Fans, I have been Asking them for weeks to BACK THEM.

PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT DO THE TRUST STAND FOR ? No one ever Answers

And TBH the march issue has been done to death. Various people from the Trust, both those who are on the board (I wont name names) and ordinary members like myself joined in - it was left to us to make our minds up. I didnt need the trust or anyone else to advise me whether to join in or not.

Tim, I have read it many many times, I want the Main Members to Explain what The Trust Stands For :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah:

Not just meetings with Gethin Jenkins, I can get one of those every week.[/quote]

Annis, what it stands for is written on the page I sent, I dont know what more needs to be said on that.
as for what it has done recently..

This is from the latest newsletter..
Their web-site has improved a lot recently as well.

We meet the club every
other month to put your
questions to Gethin Jenkins,
the Chief Executive. We have
helped sort out ticketing and
disabled parking problems
for fans and have been able
to offer feedback to the
club on things like half time
events and prices on match
days.
We are working with them
to try to build a memorial
garden at the Cardiff City
Stadium so that we can
remember loved ones who
can no longer be with us on
match days.
As a Trust we are also trying
to organise open days and
tours of the stadium for you
the members and are keen
that Cardiff is one of the first
clubs in Britain to appoint a
Supporters Liaison Officer.
Get your questions to us so
that we can put them to the
club at these meetings.
This summer the Trust took
to the streets to publicise
both the club and the Trust
itself. We set up a stall at the
Grangetown festival proudly
displaying the golden boot
we had commissioned for
Peter Whittingham.
We handed out leaflets
and organised a free raffle.
The Trust made a lot of new
friends and we are keen that
both the Trust and the club
get out more and more to
ensure we are spreading the
word.
Our fundraising evening
for the Fred Keenor statue
appeal with Dave Jones and
Ricky Tomlinson to raise
money was brilliantly supported.
Dave gave us a real
insight into the new players
and we were buoyed up by
his hopes for this season,
while Ricky Tomlinson
entertained us with tales of
his amazing life. More than
£9,000 was raised on the
night and we must thank the
club for all their efforts.
We need some £85,000 –
100,000 to erect the statue
but we can now say that we
are truly on our way to properly
commemorating one of
the Bluebirds true heroes.
The Trust Board members
were lucky to have a chance
to meet TG during his last
visit to Cardiff and were impressed
by his commitment
to the club. Quite frankly I know some of us
thought after that horrible defeat at Wembley
that our Malaysian saviours would bide their
time if not pull out of the club altogether. But
they have invested in us once again and that
has enable Dave Jones us to recruit real talent
like Craig Bellamy and Seyi Olofinjana.
TG told a great story about how he went
into the club shop after the Hull game. He
said it was heaving in there so he took his
jacket off and started to help behind the
till. Unsurprisingly, the young lad who was
working there was a bit nervous having the
big boss at his side, and TG admitted he was
pretty useless at wrapping the goods. So he
said to the assistant, ‘Go on – just sack me,’
and he was given his marching orders there
and then! How many other chairmen though
would have made an effort to roll up his
sleeves after a match to help the club eh? TG
hopes to be over in Cardiff again soon and we
will be organising a meeting for Trust members
to be able put their questions directly to
the Chairman.
The club is committed to maintaining good
links with the Trust. Of course we will not
always agree with them and will always stand
up for fans first. In fact we told them in no
uncertain terms what we thought of the ‘season
ticket money for players’ fiasco last year.
But I really believe things have moved on and
that we are building a relationship of mutual
respect and trust.
Proper supporter representation within a
club can only be a good thing for all of us. The
Trust Board does an awful lot on our behalf
but we need as many people as possible to
get involved. There are lots of sub groups like
community, membership and communication
that you could get involved with – so, ‘Come
join us, come join us, come join us over here’
so that we make the City a true community
club.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 am

Its like Annis says that anybody can meet up with any senior member of the CCFC staff as and when they want and also anybody can meet and ask questions on behalf of any supporters groups to ask questions ............. Im sure Carl , Gwyn , Vince and Corky have done in the past ? Surely the aim of the Trust is to ensure that the CCFC is run the best way for the supporters ( like Swansea and Glasgow Rangers Trusts do ) and NOT to back supporters for various incidents etc so surely backing of the march would have been a positive venture for the trust coz if the fans are not happy with the Club then thats where the Trust steps in , surely is it not ?? :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:05 am

I don't htink Mike got it right with this one

The Trust objectives ( available to view on their website) state that it is democratically run for ALL SUPPORTERS and also that it should promote a positive image of the Club and its supporters

For the supporters part I think they should be joining the Trust in numbers so that it is a truly representative body

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:56 am

If the Trust only represent it's members then, given the small percentage of the fanbase actually within the trust, it's seemingly receiving far more importance than it deserves.

As for fans on the train not contacting the Trust, well, maybe they don't know how to. They may not buy match day programmes. They may not be on message boards on the internet. They may think the Trust would do nothing. Who knows?

What is a fact is that negative publicity has been given out which affects all CCFC fans - gasp, even some Trust members - with regards to the perception of us now.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:24 am

nerd wrote:If the Trust only represent it's members then, given the small percentage of the fanbase actually within the trust, it's seemingly receiving far more importance than it deserves.

As for fans on the train not contacting the Trust, well, maybe they don't know how to. They may not buy match day programmes. They may not be on message boards on the internet. They may think the Trust would do nothing. Who knows?

What is a fact is that negative publicity has been given out which affects all CCFC fans - gasp, even some Trust members - with regards to the perception of us now.

TCM and other Trust Committee Members have Now been Asked by other Members and Myself at least 15 times, WHAT DOES THE TRUST STAND FOR ? and WHAT DO YOU DO ?, Some how No one will Answer and This Seems to Offend her. I paid for My Family to join for 2 Consecutive years and Still Never got an Answer. I HAVE NOW RESIGNED FROM IT, AS I SEE NO PURPOSE or REASON FOR THE ORGANISATION, Just My Believe/Opinion.