Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My chat with Trust Representative

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:30 pm

on the way to the ground i was stopped by mike roderick, vice chair of the trust, who was handing out flyers for the trust. i asked him why the trust were not backing the train lads and these were HIS replies.

1. he personally will not back them because of what they were singing.
2. the lads have not contacted the trust for their help.
3. THE LADS ARE NOT TRUST MEMBERS.

we then had a disagreement, i said that the trust should back all city fans whether they were members or not. he said that the trust cannot back all the fans on everything.

i don't know about you but i was under the impression that the trust was formed to represent the fans. not just to ask inane questions to the club. i am not having a go at the trust just because of this. they have not done anything to change my mind about how in-effectual they are, this has always been my view.

Re: My chat with Trust Representative

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:39 pm

strange thing to say, it should have anything to do with his personal views really, he should be representing the fans.

Since62 posted in another thread though and has been asking for the name and contact details of the guys involved but no one will give them to him.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

strange thing to say, it should have anything to do with his personal views really, he should be representing the fans.

Since62 posted in another thread though and has been asking for the name and contact details of the guys involved but no one will give them to him.

i don't think they want their names in the paper.
i also said that they were innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not in the press. he said that the trust would look stupid if they backed them and they were guilty. i'm sorry but that is just wrong. they are city fans and deserve to be treated with the same privelages as others.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:55 pm

while i'm on a roll.
what is the supporters club stance on this?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:58 pm

jamccfc wrote: i said that the trust should back all city fans whether they were members or not. he said that the trust cannot back all the fans on everything.

i don't know about you but i was under the impression that the trust was formed to represent the fans.

How would that work mate? How could the trust back all the fans on everything. For instance, there are fans who want the family stand moved but thousands more who are happy with it where it is. So how could the trust or anyone else like the supporters club or whoever represent the views of everyone?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Well how can anyone do anything to help them if they wont come forward this is the best chance city fans will get to prove their not all bad

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:03 pm

The Ratcatcher wrote:
jamccfc wrote: i said that the trust should back all city fans whether they were members or not. he said that the trust cannot back all the fans on everything.

i don't know about you but i was under the impression that the trust was formed to represent the fans.

How would that work mate? How could the trust back all the fans on everything. For instance, there are fans who want the family stand moved but thousands more who are happy with it where it is. So how could the trust or anyone else like the supporters club or whoever represent the views of everyone?

i wasn't on about what fans want or do not want.
i was on about backing all the fans when they are being targeted as mindless hooligans.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:05 pm

bluecyw wrote:Well how can anyone do anything to help them if they wont come forward this is the best chance city fans will get to prove their not all bad

thet trust should have stood up for ALL the fans and stated that we are not mindless hooligans and that the accused are innocent until proven guilty.
they did neither and proved that they are not representing all the fans.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:07 pm

jamccfc wrote:i wasn't on about what fans want or do not want.
i was on about backing all the fans when they are being targeted as mindless hooligans.

Do the lads involved in the train thing want backing? Has any of them asked the trust or the club or anything to back them. You said a minute ago they didnt want their names in the paper. Maybe they dont want no more hassle. Ever thought of that.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:13 pm

The Ratcatcher wrote:
jamccfc wrote:i wasn't on about what fans want or do not want.

Do the lads involved in the train thing want backing? Has any of them asked the trust or the club or anything to back them. You said a minute ago they didnt want their names in the paper. Maybe they dont want no more hassle. Ever thought of that.

you are missing the point.

1. the trust will not back them because they are not trust members.
2. the trust has not stood up and backed all city fans by stating in public that we are not mindless thugs.
3. the trust has not challenged the media over their perception of city fans.
4. why was the trust formed?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:22 pm

You gotta be joking mate. The trust dont need to make no stupid statements in the press saying we aint all thugs. Everyone knows that anyway. I aint never seen the media say we are all mindless thugs either. How does the trust people know the train lads aint members if they dont know who they are? I dont know why the trust was formed as I aint in it and it aint really my scene but Im sure they would have why they was formed on their website. If you and other people on this website think the train lads need some sort of backing then why aint you doing nothing about it?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:30 pm

because we havent got the clout the trust has

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:35 pm

The Ratcatcher wrote:You gotta be joking mate. The trust dont need to make no stupid statements in the press saying we aint all thugs. Everyone knows that anyway. I aint never seen the media say we are all mindless thugs either. How does the trust people know the train lads aint members if they dont know who they are? I dont know why the trust was formed as I aint in it and it aint really my scene but Im sure they would have why they was formed on their website. If you and other people on this website think the train lads need some sort of backing then why aint you doing nothing about it?

so you are happy that we are being seen as thugs,hooligans and piss heads.
the trust should be defending our image whenever it is tarnished by the media.
the trust are an official representative organisation whose role is to act for or on behalf of the supporters.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:36 pm

The other guy said the trust is uneffective. If thats true and its no use then why dont someone on here do something for the train lads. Thats if they want something done which is difficult to know if they aint approached nobody to help.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:38 pm

jamccfc wrote:so you are happy that we are being seen as thugs,hooligans and piss heads.

We aint as far as Ive seen. Nobody has said were all like that at all have they?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:40 pm

The Ratcatcher wrote:You gotta be joking mate. The trust dont need to make no stupid statements in the press saying we aint all thugs. Everyone knows that anyway. I aint never seen the media say we are all mindless thugs either. How does the trust people know the train lads aint members if they dont know who they are? I dont know why the trust was formed as I aint in it and it aint really my scene but Im sure they would have why they was formed on their website. If you and other people on this website think the train lads need some sort of backing then why aint you doing nothing about it?

2 points you raise here, the first of which I agree and that is how do the trust know if they are members if none of the alleged have come forward.

The second point for your information, I for one have backed the fans in question and I have been in touch with the local and national written press, so I do feel I have done something about it and I am also aware of Annis Abraham speaking with trust representatives acting as a go between for both parties.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 pm

The Ratcatcher wrote:
jamccfc wrote:so you are happy that we are being seen as thugs,hooligans and piss heads.

We aint as far as Ive seen. Nobody has said were all like that at all have they?

The point, if I may, that Jamie is trying to make is that Cardiff City fans are having their name tarnished yet again and as a Cardiff City fan it bothers me and probably thousands of others.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:44 pm

You said you been in touch with the papers. What did they say or do?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:The point, if I may, that Jamie is trying to make is that Cardiff City fans are having their name tarnished yet again and as a Cardiff City fan it bothers me and probably thousands of others.

Only the lads on the train. Not all of us City fans. The papers aint said were all mindless thugs like your mate reckons. Not any reports Ive seen anyway. Theyve just quoted that woman on the train.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:48 pm

The Ratcatcher wrote:You said you been in touch with the papers. What did they say or do?

Basically nothing and the response was because she has not accused or named any individual then there is nothing they can do but the fact she said it was a group of people that is apparently justified.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:50 pm

The Ratcatcher wrote:
carlccfc wrote:The point, if I may, that Jamie is trying to make is that Cardiff City fans are having their name tarnished yet again and as a Cardiff City fan it bothers me and probably thousands of others.

Only the lads on the train. Not all of us City fans. The papers aint said were all mindless thugs like your mate reckons. Not any reports Ive seen anyway. Theyve just quoted that woman on the train.

But these lads are innocent I believe and what about other City fans on the same train are they excluded from stereotyping. Can I travel on a train wearing Cardiff colours and hope that I am not looked upon as a thug.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:
The Ratcatcher wrote:You said you been in touch with the papers. What did they say or do?

Basically nothing and the response was because she has not accused or named any individual then there is nothing they can do but the fact she said it was a group of people that is apparently justified.

Thats pretty bad then I reckon but if they wouldnt do nothing when you asked then waht are they going to do if the trust or ccsc makes a statement. To me it sounds like its best left if the lads aint been charged with nothing. I aint seen anything in the papers since the week it happened but I dont always buy the echo. But if the lads dont want any more hassle then I cant see what any statements from supporters will do.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:But these lads are innocent I believe and what about other City fans on the same train are they excluded from stereotyping. Can I travel on a train wearing Cardiff colours and hope that I am not looked upon as a thug.

I always gets the train to City home games and have never been treated like a thug by nobody.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:07 pm

I doubt very much if they are members of the trust otherwise they would have got in touch for their backing and advice. I don't agree the trust should back them anyway, I worked for "many" years on the factory floor, if you decided not to join the Union then why should they back you in a dispute. The "lads" on the train were very imature to sing obscene songs in the first place with women and children present. END OF!!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:I doubt very much if they are members of the trust otherwise they would have got in touch for their backing and advice. I don't agree the trust should back them anyway, I worked for "many" years on the factory floor, if you decided not to join the Union then why should they back you in a dispute. The "lads" on the train were very imature to sing obscene songs in the first place with women and children present. END OF!!!!!!!!!

there lies the reason.
the trust should only back it's members and not the fans as a whole. bra-fucking-vo.
the lads are innocent, no charges being brought. END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:12 pm

jamccfc wrote:
Cliff Jones wrote:I doubt very much if they are members of the trust otherwise they would have got in touch for their backing and advice. I don't agree the trust should back them anyway, I worked for "many" years on the factory floor, if you decided not to join the Union then why should they back you in a dispute. The "lads" on the train were very imature to sing obscene songs in the first place with women and children present. END OF!!!!!!!!!

there lies the reason.
the trust should only back it's members and not the fans as a whole. bra-fucking-vo.

You're a very angry person jamccfc

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Aint it true that anyone can join the trust and go for election to it? If thats is right why dont you go for election mate? You seem to have some strong views on what the trust should be doing so why dont you get involved? Same goes for the other lads who are always slagging it on here like Annis and carlccfc. If you dont like it why aint you trying to change it.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:16 pm

The Ratcatcher wrote:Aint it true that anyone can join the trust and go for election to it? If thats is right why dont you go for election mate? You seem to have some strong views on what the trust should be doing so why dont you get involved? Same goes for the other lads who are always slagging it on here like Annis and carlccfc. If you dont like it why aint you trying to change it.

When have I slagged off the trust ?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:18 pm

TCM wrote:
jamccfc wrote:

there lies the reason.

You're a very angry person jamccfc

Hello Tracy nice to see you posting on here, I said you would yesterday ;)

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:20 pm

I thought you have and annis was on about how youd quit it or something like that. Sorry if im wrong on that.