Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:57 pm

wigstar wrote:After yesterday and The Jacks game I'd say pretty high
on the list?
Or would young Adam be worth a run out there? :o
At least we would have balance and the added weapon of
the long throw?
Personally I think Matthews is more of a bale than a defender,
anyone else agree? :P

think its worth a try why not be less pressure on matthews anyway.

Re: Cover For......Burkey!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Im pretty sure ive heard DJ say he thinks he is more of a winger than a fullback but that due to the players we have he has ore chance at playing at RB. Personally If Burke isnt fit I would play Matthews wide right and Bellamy wide left

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:03 pm

If that's the case of DJ saying he is more of a wide midfielder then why hasn't he tried using him when Burke is out ? Or is it a DJ thing that he hates trying youngsters ?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:08 pm

It just makes sence dosn't it?

Bellamy (L) Olifinjana (C) Whittingham/Mcphail(C) Matthews.Burke(R)

Chopra (F) Bothroyd (F)

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Personally I think it would give us better balance.
Look how Stoke
have used Delap's throw as a means of attack, defenders /keeper don't
like it? It also gives us another dimension to attack teams with, especially at home
when things are tight.
Matthews has that is his locker....yet we don't use it....cocker! :D :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:08 pm

I would definetely give Matthews a try as a wide midfielder.

He's got pace to burn and can beat a man.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:35 pm

matthews would be interesting at wing. he cant do any worse than koumas at the moment, he could progress into a wide midfielder like bale for tottenham, as hes very quick

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:37 pm

bluebirds94 wrote:matthews would be interesting at wing. he cant do any worse than koumas at the moment, he could progress into a wide midfielder like bale for tottenham, as hes very quick

question is tho does jones believe in him? think every city fan does but does jones? i like jones but i think maybe give matthews a chance? less pressure on him on the wing least he got protection from kev

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 pm

jones doesnt believe in many of his youngesters really, if they do one mistake there gone and rarely seen for a long time. But if he doesnt think matthews is working at RB then they may aswell try him at RM if burky aint fit :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:If that's the case of DJ saying he is more of a wide midfielder then why hasn't he tried using him when Burke is out ? Or is it a DJ thing that he hates trying youngsters ?

I think he just prefers witts, bellamy, Burke and would rather see Koumas have a go.

Personally I dont think Matthews is as good as people believe, I think he is ok and loads of potential (and is better than Gunter) but I rarely see this potential on show in games. I certainly dont see a place for him in the first team at the moment and I honestly believe that PR made up all the 4m Manchester united and Arsenal nonsense.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Matthews hasnt shown the potentional that every one has hyped up. i remember when risdale mentioned bout man utd bidding 4m or something for him. If he cant start for us how is he valued at 4m for prem teams? :)

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:20 pm

In fairness to Adam, it's hard for him to show his true potential until he starts having a run of games.

At the moment that looks unlikely

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Sorry all your opinions dont count as you are all Buffoons :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:54 am

I noticed a cople of times that Witts played the ball out wide right to ....... an empty space.

A Burke alternative is a necessity. JUST MY OPINION of course ......

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:38 am

I posted this a few weeks back saying if he got injured would we struggle... Mixed reviews with my post, but some seemed keen for Matthews... I say just give him a game or even 30 minutes... Can never find out if he doesn't get played there!

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... =2&t=25209

:ayatollah: