Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are we dragging craig bellamy down

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:14 am

many times on sat, craig played a one two and was awaiting the pass which never returned?
time to get macphail back in the middle who can spot theses passes.
serious question , can we send koumas back?
much rather whitts back out wide drifting in.

Re: are we dragging craig bellamy down

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:22 am

At the moment its a balance we lack. Play a McPhail type lad in midfield and we
would likely see more telling passes to the front men. However, he does not do
the hard graft in midfield. His tackling and tracking back are woeful. Currently
our defence is pants, so we need a defensive minded midfielder in there more than
we need a McPhail. We need to be able to shore up the defence. That HAS to be
our priority right now. We were shite yesterday, but so were Forest, the game
should have been a painfully boring 0-0.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:53 am

I think to get the best out of Craig we need to up our tempo, movement off the ball to crate space and go to 1 and 2 touch football. Thers no going Craig making a run and the player needing another touch of the ball to get the pass off. A second too late and the chance has gone

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 am

lets hope jay dosent get picked for the england squad again.
two days training with them and his standards dropped to their shit level

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:18 am

fred keenor wrote:many times on sat, craig played a one two and was awaiting the pass which never returned?

I watched on 2 Occasions in the first half, Craig was out on his own unmarked calling for the ball and yet no one noticed, on another couple of occasions Craig was shrugging his Shoulders and shaking his head in Frustration with how the rest were playing. That can happen in football a Quality player can go down hill with less quality around him.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
fred keenor wrote:many times on sat, craig played a one two and was awaiting the pass which never returned?

I watched on 2 Occasions in the first half, Craig was out on his own unmarked calling for the ball and yet no one noticed, on another couple of occasions Craig was shrugging his Shoulders and shaking his head in Frustration with how the rest were playing. That can happen in football a Quality player can go down hill with less quality around him.

maybe put mcphail back in? his nifty passes something mite of happened yest? but it over now we still 2nd maybe it good we got away game next ( never thought i would say that) haha

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:23 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

maybe put mcphail back in? his nifty passes something mite of happened yest? but it over now we still 2nd maybe it good we got away game next ( never thought i would say that) haha

Away games seem to suit us, more relaxed and we play better football :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Are we dragging craig bellamy down

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:36 am

Ive gone that i enjoy away games more as well :lol:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:40 am

bluecyw wrote:Ive gone that i enjoy away games more as well :lol:

mad to think last season and all rest seasons we where shite away. lol

Re: Sticky: Are we dragging craig bellamy down

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:00 pm

anyone remember micky burns in the late seventies, came from newcastle in the first division, outstanding player.
was rubbish with us.
went to middlesbrough within 3 months of joining us, back in the first division and he bagged 22 goals!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Bellamy - over rated and over hyped.

Keep him as an impact sub.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:04 pm

We need to have a set system of play.

In my opinon we need to play a 4-3-3. Two defensive midfield players in Drinks and Olly with either whitts or mcphail in front of them. Jay up top with Bellers on the left and burkey on the right.

I know this would mean Chops on the bench but he gives us option of going 4-4-2 if needed.

To get the best of Bellers and Burke we need to take away some of their defensive work. Olly is better siting deep and protecting.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Welshpaul wrote:We need to have a set system of play.

In my opinon we need to play a 4-3-3. Two defensive midfield players in Drinks and Olly with either whitts or mcphail in front of them. Jay up top with Bellers on the left and burkey on the right.

I know this would mean Chops on the bench but he gives us option of going 4-4-2 if needed.

To get the best of Bellers and Burke we need to take away some of their defensive work. Olly is better siting deep and protecting.

Totally agree with this. We need to define our best formation for playing at home where teams will tend to defend deep and fill midfield and our best formation to play away where most teams will play a more open formation. And make sure our bench allows a change to the alternate formation if the opposition line up unexpectedly. We should fit the players to the formation not just try to play all the 'big names' and work a formation round them.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Just admitted to Richard Keys and Jamie Rednapp that he is still not where he wants to be with regards his fitness.
Give him a chance and his quality will shine through. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 pm

H20 when he gets back to full sharpness will be a major asset :ayatollah:, He was superb before he got injured. He has to play in the reserve match with the Jacks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Cheers Fred another good Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: