Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kicked off

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:15 pm

to my left in the Canton end. Not sure what happened but it seemed that a Forest fan was in our end? (perhaps)

Also, and much to my amazement, it kicked off in the upper Grandstand towards the canton end.(not sure what went on, but a few punches were thrown and stewards were called to sort it) Someone jumped from the upper level to the lower level and was then caught by the stewards. (oo err mrs) :D

After reading about the incident in the car park in another thread I was wondering wtf is going on???? :o :o

Re: Kicked off

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:to my left in the Canton end. Not sure what happened but it seemed that a Forest fan was in our end? (perhaps)

Also, and much to my amazement, it kicked off in the upper Grandstand towards the canton end.(not sure what went on, but a few punches were thrown and stewards were called to sort it) Someone jumped from the upper level to the lower level and was then caught by the stewards. (oo err mrs) :D

After reading about the incident in the car park in another thread I was wondering wtf is going on???? :o :o

I Thought our club was past this, but to be fair it seems to be the forest fans who came to cardiff looking for truble and got it, they also done over by the family stand after the first goal.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Yeah the guy in the Canton had a Forest shirt on, There was an old guy shouting not sure if he was Cardiff or Forest. The guy had a clip and was chucked out.
If your going to sit in the home end, A) Don't wear a Forest Shirt B) If you score don't jump up and down infront of 23,000 Cardiff Fans. The guy got what he deserved i think.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:00 am

Kanester wrote:Yeah the guy in the Canton had a Forest shirt on, There was an old guy shouting not sure if he was Cardiff or Forest. The guy had a clip and was chucked out.
If your going to sit in the home end, A) Don't wear a Forest Shirt B) If you score don't jump up and down infront of 23,000 Cardiff Fans. The guy got what he deserved i think.

Words got out that City have gone soft at home. If they think that then fool them. As long as they dont take the piss then away fans can have a free pass, but take the piss then as Forest fans found out to there cost you will get hurt.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:40 am

there was certainly more entertainmrnt off than on the pitch yesterday :twisted:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Forest Fans in the hospitality getting a bit gobby

M sorted it.....

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:25 pm

glad to hear it and welcome to the board ras

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:49 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:glad to hear it and welcome to the board ras

cheers Prem

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:to my left in the Canton end. Not sure what happened but it seemed that a Forest fan was in our end? (perhaps)

Some of our fans are nobheads. That is why.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:33 pm

I was directly next to the incident in the Canton. After Forests first goal a group of about two blokes and about five girls, all about 19-20 jumped up and cheered. Then sat back down.

A bit naive of course, I know things have improved at City over the last few years but I still wouldn't advise anyone to do that.

Nevertheless, I was more embarassed by one or two of our 'brave' lads who felt the need to try and have a go at these kids who were clearly a bit green, while the stewards were removing them anyway. No punches were thrown and the Forest fans were taken to the away end.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:40 pm

harold pinta wrote:I was directly next to the incident in the Canton. After Forests first goal a group of about two blokes and about five girls, all about 19-20 jumped up and cheered. Then sat back down.

A bit naive of course, I know things have improved at City over the last few years but I still wouldn't advise anyone to do that.

Nevertheless, I was more embarassed by one or two of our 'brave' lads who felt the need to try and have a go at these kids who were clearly a bit green, while the stewards were removing them anyway. No punches were thrown and the Forest fans were taken to the away end.

SIMPLE,go in the home end & expect a punch in the face !! That's what I'd expect if I went in the forest home end.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Xcasual wrote:
harold pinta wrote:I was directly next to the incident in the Canton. After Forests first goal a group of about two blokes and about five girls, all about 19-20 jumped up and cheered. Then sat back down.

SIMPLE,go in the home end & expect a punch in the face !! That's what I'd expect if I went in the forest home end.

spot on mate!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Xcasual wrote:

Yeah, your right mate. Obviously it shouldn't be like that, but unfortunately there will always be grown men who can't control their temper especially with a bit of booze in them, and they will take their frustrations out on whoever gets in their way, in this case some harmless teenagers who where a bit naive. Sad really.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:19 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Xcasual wrote:

Yeah, your right mate. Obviously it shouldn't be like that, but unfortunately there will always be grown men who can't control their temper especially with a bit of booze in them, and they will take their frustrations out on whoever gets in their way, in this case some harmless teenagers who where a bit naive. Sad really.

i wouldnt say they were naive mate the words your looking for are "as thick as shit" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:29 pm

No Pokie, naive was what I meant. I would say that if it was a couple of Forest fans, blokes in their 30's maybe, then yes, thick or stupid would be the word. However, these were clearly local students or maybe young first timers or whatever. Most people could see that and just gave them a bit of banter, however one or two have to try and prove themselves as hard me to their mates.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:36 pm

Yeah, your right mate. Obviously it shouldn't be like that, but unfortunately there will always be grown men who can't control their temper especially with a bit of booze in them, and they will take their frustrations out on whoever gets in their way, in this case some harmless teenagers who where a bit naive. Sad really.[/quote]

i wouldnt say they were naive mate the words your looking for are "as thick as shit" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:38 pm

harold pinta wrote:No Pokie, naive was what I meant. I would say that if it was a couple of Forest fans, blokes in their 30's maybe, then yes, thick or stupid would be the word. However, these were clearly local students or maybe young first timers or whatever. Most people could see that and just gave them a bit of banter, however one or two have to try and prove themselves as hard me to their mates.

like i said mate "thick as shit" . every football ground in the country has what is called an away end ,and thats where they should have been!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 pm

There was one in the Grange end but he was with a group of other City fans, no probs with apart from banter with his friends

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:38 pm

doesnt matter if these 'boys' in the Canton end were first timers or students, the arrogance and unwillingness to respect the environment your entering by doing a little homework beforehand deserves a slap in itself, fukn idiots.
And whoever thinks City have gone soft at home would def have a surprise if they tried anything brave, I can't speak for all the lads who go from all around, but all the Caerphilly boys who are there every game would certainly see to that no probs - it aint big or clever but sometimes it needs to be done and there is a place for it, the time and place is debatable though...

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:48 pm

CastletownBlue wrote:doesnt matter if these 'boys' in the Canton end were first timers or students, the arrogance and unwillingness to respect the environment your entering by doing a little homework beforehand deserves a slap in itself, fukn idiots.
And whoever thinks City have gone soft at home would def have a surprise if they tried anything brave, I can't speak for all the lads who go from all around, but all the Caerphilly boys who are there every game would certainly see to that no probs - it aint big or clever but sometimes it needs to be done and there is a place for it, the time and place is debatable though...

Castletownblue. Mind if I ask how old you are?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 pm

This is the big difference in 2 sports at rugby you would sit with away fans have plenty of banter then go to the pub for a good drink.In football you all think its fair to abuse(banter) then punch someone who is not of your team.Until this attitude is gone we will always have bad press in wales media.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Probably similiar to his IQ , about 10.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:05 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:This is the big difference in 2 sports at rugby you would sit with away fans have plenty of banter then go to the pub for a good drink.In football you all think its fair to abuse(banter) then punch someone who is not of your team.Until this attitude is gone we will always have bad press in wales media.

The difference being, the thugby fans kick off later on in the bar when everyone is bladdered. Because it's a few hours after the game and away from the ground, it's not considered as rugby related violence. Believe me it happens, ask Heath A+E after any Wales egg game. :( :(

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:23 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
bluebirdrob wrote:This is the big difference in 2 sports at rugby you would sit with away fans have plenty of banter then go to the pub for a good drink.In football you all think its fair to abuse(banter) then punch someone who is not of your team.Until this attitude is gone we will always have bad press in wales media.

The difference being, the thugby fans kick off later on in the bar when everyone is bladdered. Because it's a few hours after the game and away from the ground, it's not considered as rugby related violence. Believe me it happens, ask Heath A+E after any Wales egg game. :( :(

I don't particularly like rugby but I've been to many club and international games with friends that do, and I can put my hand on my heart and say I've never, ever seen any violence either at or after a match that I've been to. I've never felt in anyway intimidated before, at, or after a game. I can't honestly say this for football, I've been in many hairy situations following City and Wales over the years, which is a great shame, as I love football. Thankfully things are much better nowadays of course.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:26 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

I don't particularly like rugby but I've been to many club and international games with friends that do, and I can put my hand on my heart and say I've never, ever seen any violence either at or after a match that I've been to. I've never felt in anyway intimidated before, at, or after a game. I can't honestly say this for football, I've been in many hairy situations following City and Wales over the years, which is a great shame, as I love football. Thankfully things are much better nowadays of course.

have a night out up the valleys after the egg internationals its like last man standing

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:36 pm

I grew up in the valleys, spent my first 25 years there, never had a problem. I know there will be problems with drunks later in the night, but you get that every weekend anyway, there's just people out drinking after rugby international.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 pm

harold pinta wrote:I grew up in the valleys, spent my first 25 years there, never had a problem. I know there will be problems with drunks later in the night, but you get that every weekend anyway, there's just people out drinking after rugby international.

true they are drunk but the facts are they are rugby fans who have kicked off
the assault and arrest rate on international day throughout south wales is far higher than a normal saturday
there was a report on it in the western mail a few years ago and it proved what we all knew

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:46 pm

maesteg blue how far is the train station in maesteg from neath road . need to visit some one up in the hospital by there

got to go there next week

cheers

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:00 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
harold pinta wrote:I grew up in the valleys, spent my first 25 years there, never had a problem. I know there will be problems with drunks later in the night, but you get that every weekend anyway, there's just people out drinking after rugby international.

true they are drunk but the facts are they are rugby fans who have kicked off
the assault and arrest rate on international day throughout south wales is far higher than a normal saturday
there was a report on it in the western mail a few years ago and it proved what we all knew

Yeah, I remember reading that, don't doubt that it's true, but I seem to remember that it related more to domestic violent attacks than trouble in the pubs and streets.
The original point I was trying to make is that, clearly both football and rugby have problems, just happens that I've never had or seen any problem at or around a rubgy match but plenty at football. But, as I said it's happily improved significantly.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:05 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:maesteg blue how far is the train station in maesteg from neath road . need to visit some one up in the hospital by there

got to go there next week

cheers

its a bit of a treck to the hospital and theres a bugger of a hill to clumb
get off the train and walk towards the somerfield shop
once passed the shop you come out on a main road
turn right, walk towards the traffic lights and cross the road
on your left at the lights you will see the town hall and the main shopping street (talbot street) through the town (there are taxis parked up near the town hall)
if you carry on along talbot street and you will see another set of lights and a big f**k off hill (neath road) in front of you
if you keep going up the hill you will see the hospital on your right about half a mile ish
its a good idea to get a taxi mate
welcome to gods country