Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City scam?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Just had a call from a chap claiming to represent CCFC I asked him what does he want, he said it was in connection with Cardiff City Academy and was I interested to contributing to the funds to manage it, needless to say I couldnt verify the caller so didnt discuss it further and hanged up on him. Anyone else had a similair call ?

Re: Cardiff City scam?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:11 pm

my brother had a call on wedsnesday.think he done the same

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:15 pm

same, have had 2 or 3 calls on that - first one was a while back when risdale was still there

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 pm

prob genuine !! but who knows !!!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:22 pm

I have had 2 calls from them but they did send out some official looking forms to join.In these days of scams its hard to know if they are true. Think i will go down to the club when i decide to join up so i know its genuine.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:32 pm

i have had a cll in the past and just said no,
but strangly today i have recieved 3 calls 2 had numbers witheld and one had only a 6 digit number +3390300 :(

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Its not a scam fella. The club are trying to drum up extra funds for the accademy. I had a 5 min chat with the bloke who phoned me. Very well informed and had tidy chat bout the club , however gave my reasons for not wanting to pay more cash out. Said the season ticket and few pints on match day is more than enough in my opinion

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Had two or three calls like this in the past, just told them to send me whatever in writing instead. Isn't a scam! Just the club promoting things properly now Ridsdales fecked off, which is a good thing.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:14 pm

You will probably find that they are ticket office staff told to phone fans on the data base when they are not busy selling tickets. I had a few calls last year from them regarding the accademy, & also regarding last Decembers season ticket drive. PR got them too do that, i was told.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Ridsdale probably took a list of phone numbers with him and he's trying to bolster his pension fund.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:52 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Just had a call from a chap claiming to represent CCFC I asked him what does he want, he said it was in connection with Cardiff City Academy and was I interested to contributing to the funds to manage it, needless to say I couldnt verify the caller so didnt discuss it further and hanged up on him. Anyone else had a similair call ?

Yes, I has one recently. They get your name off the database and try to get you to 'contribute' to the academy. I just told them that whilst I am a fan of the academy I object to cold calling (I am a member of the Telephone Preference Service or TPS) and didn't appreciate the intrusion. I duly had an apology and the call ended....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: