Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea are terrific - Says O'Driscoll

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:56 am

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page ... 69,00.html

This guy clearly doesn't know sh*t about football passing along the back 4 for 90 minutes isn't entertainment it's boring as f*ck. :lol:

Re: Swansea are terrific - Says O'Driscoll

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:34 am

If it gets you promoted up to the Prem (their style of play) then it's served it's purpose. TBH they are a bit more adventurous this season and are scoring some goals, even if it's not so pleasing on the eye.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:37 am

but it hasn't got them promoted , they still play championship football :lol:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:52 am

Ben wrote:but it hasn't got them promoted , they still play championship football :lol:

To be fair to the tossers, last season they bottled it big time after being ahead of us leading up to the end of the season.

Would you bet money against them achieving it this season, they do seem to be up there on a regular basis nowadays?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Well it was good enough to beat your lot.

And you don't get 13 shots on target away from home by just passing it along the back four.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:48 pm

NJ73 wrote:Well it was good enough to beat your lot.

And you don't get 13 shots on target away from home by just passing it along the back four.

But you haven't finished above us for over a decade. :D :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: You do seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us. Still, with Bothroyd back for the return I predict a big win for us. :D

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm not a fan of Swansea's style of play but for the size of their city and the resources they have they are doing brilliantly. I don't buy into this hating Swansea thing. I hate players like Tate and Williams but I don't generally hate their fans or their club. I enjoy the derby games plus the banter it all brings and hope both of us go up. Us first though!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Zabier wrote:I'm not a fan of Swansea's style of play but for the size of their city and the resources they have they are doing brilliantly. I don't buy into this hating Swansea thing. I hate players like Tate and Williams but I don't generally hate their fans or their club. I enjoy the derby games plus the banter it all brings and hope both of us go up. Us first though!

Why would you hate Williams?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Zabier wrote:I'm not a fan of Swansea's style of play !

Obviously not as you've only beaten us twice in fifteen attempts :lol:

[quote="Zabier"I hate players like Tate and Williams [/quote]

What has Williams done to upset you lot? Admittedly Tate tries (and succeeds) to get under your skin, but Williams - all he's done is captain Wales? - strange lot you dwarfs.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Zabier wrote:I'm not a fan of Swansea's style of play !

Obviously not as you've only beaten us twice in fifteen attempts :lol:

Zabier wrote: I hate players like Tate and Williams

What has Williams done to upset you lot? Admittedly Tate tries (and succeeds) to get under your skin, but Williams - all he's done is captain Wales? - strange lot you dwarfs.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:42 pm

Williams has this unprecedented arrogance about him and always has digs at our fans in the press and during the games. He's clearly got some inferiority complex about not being as good as Gabbidon and Collins!

As for us only beating you twice in fifteen attempts, doesn't really bother me. I've come to accept the fact we're likely not to win against you lot, but will still finish higher. ;)

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Zabier wrote:Williams has this unprecedented arrogance about him and always has digs at our fans in the press and during the games. He's clearly got some inferiority complex about not being as good as Gabbidon and Collins!

As for us only beating you twice in fifteen attempts, doesn't really bother me. I've come to accept the fact we're likely not to win against you lot, but will still finish higher. ;)

The "dwarf" mention made me laugh. If indeed we are dwarfs, then going by the size of crowd averages, they must be minnows! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:16 pm

williams is a prick. He has digs about cardiff fans to the press and then kicked the ball into the canton stand after the vermin scored last april.

i dont want an englishman captaining wales so i hope the c**t has a nasty injury that ends his career ASAP

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:17 pm

13 shots on target my arse, no way did you have that many,so when your drooling over your stats have a look at the territary one, its all being played in you penalty area.How boring is that? So jog on peg boy

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Pricey wrote:

13 shots on target my arse, no way did you have that many,so when your drooling over your stats have a look at the territary one, its all being played in you penalty area.How boring is that? So jog on peg boy

Can I suggest you step back into reality and check the stats from the game on the BBC website. In case you can't find it, it'll be the one titled cardiff 0-1 swansea.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:31 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Pricey wrote:

Can I suggest you step back into reality and check the stats from the game on the BBC website. In case you can't find it, it'll be the one titled cardiff 0-1 swansea.

im hoping when we play you next dave moans will play the strongest squad not f**k it up like the last game..
we were dire and you wernt special your there for the taking peg

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Pricey wrote:13 shots on target my arse, no way did you have that many,so when your drooling over your stats have a look at the territary one, its all being played in you penalty area...

I beg to differ. Here's the hard facts : Link: BBC stats

Posession: C 49% / S 51%
Att. on goal: C 4 / S 13
Att. off goal: C 7 / S 6
Corners: C 4 / S 9
Fouls: C 16 / S 7

Three times as many shots on goal, over twice as many corners and over half as many fouls!

Not bad for a team that plays all their football in their own half? Perhaps you lot are right, there is only one team in Wales ;)

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:23 pm

nct68 wrote:
Pricey wrote:13 shots on target my arse, no way did you have that many,so when your drooling over your stats have a look at the territary one, its all being played in you penalty area...

I beg to differ. Here's the hard facts : Link: BBC stats

Posession: C 49% / S 51%
Att. on goal: C 4 / S 13
Att. off goal: C 7 / S 6
Corners: C 4 / S 9
Fouls: C 16 / S 7

Three times as many shots on goal, over twice as many corners and over half as many fouls!

Not bad for a team that plays all their football in their own half? Perhaps you lot are right, there is only one team in Wales ;)

Not trying to defelct from the fact you deserved to win, but most of those shots were from long distance. I can only remember ur keeping having serious action 3 times. Save from Sinclair 1st half, shot that hit post and the goal.

As for the 2 wins in 21, you are being selective in what games you choose arent you ? No FAW Cup, no Welsh Cup. Add those in and the results over the same period are pretty even.

People who play wit stats to try to prove a point :roll:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:55 pm

What's He On :)

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:09 pm

It's alright lads, let them have their banter. They're clearly more concerned with us than their own club... which might explain the dire attendances.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:10 pm

We are top of the league so feck off jack

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 pm

To be fair no matter how much i hate the filthy gypsys they are a very good side at this level, anyone who says different is deluded and one eyed, They made us look shit, They deserve to be where they are in the league. I dont think they will go up but they will make the play offs

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 pm

NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:To be fair no matter how much i hate the filthy gypsys they are a very good side at this level, anyone who says different is deluded and one eyed, They made us look shit, They deserve to be where they are in the league. I dont think they will go up but they will make the play offs

I think we can take the honours for making ourselves look shit to be fair!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Zabier wrote:
NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:To be fair no matter how much i hate the filthy gypsys they are a very good side at this level, anyone who says different is deluded and one eyed, They made us look shit, They deserve to be where they are in the league. I dont think they will go up but they will make the play offs

I think we can take the honours for making ourselves look shit to be fair!

Yeah it was more down to us having a bad day and missing Jay, Credit to them though they are a good side and they have built it without spending very much, We are a better side though and the league table shows it