Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lars Lagerback for Wales job???

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:54 am

If this is anything to be believed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 207646.stm

I think he'd be a good choice. I know he's a jobbing international manager, but he has a lot of experience and having a manager with the name lager in his name is quite funny

Re: Lars Lagerback for Wales job???

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 am

Considering Sweden haven't had the best of sides in recent years he did a fantastic job getting them to five successive finals. He was poor at Nigeria though. Saying that, they're pretty awful right now. I'd still like to see a Welsh manager because it's something we can pride ourselves on but if we did appoint him I wouldn't be too begrudging. It's not like we have a wealth of options is it?!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:59 am

Bar far the best candidate that I have seen linked with the job. Hope we appoint him.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:46 am

Bunk wrote:Bar far the best candidate that I have seen linked with the job. Hope we appoint him.

Keep it Welsh!! There are enough good Welsh candidates out there who can do at least as good as the s**t that's had to be endured over the last few years....

It's afew foreign PLAYERS we could do with at the moment!! Anyone travelled to Brazil recently??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:23 am

But surely the point in getting rid of Toshack was that we want to do a lot better than the s*** of the past few years.

And I strongly disagree, all of the welsh candidates (who would be interested in the job) would be pathetic choices. Flynn, Rush, Saunders, Coleman and Hartson, how can anyone think these guys are up to the challenge. Lagerback is the best choice by a distance at the moment.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:45 am

Bunk wrote:But surely the point in getting rid of Toshack was that we want to do a lot better than the s*** of the past few years.

And I strongly disagree, all of the welsh candidates (who would be interested in the job) would be pathetic choices. Flynn, Rush, Saunders, Coleman and Hartson, how can anyone think these guys are up to the challenge. Lagerback is the best choice by a distance at the moment.

Don't really know what to make of this, but I agree, I think he would be better than the list of candidates you have highlighted.
Potential "Welsh" managers are a bit thin on the ground at the moment - who might be added to the list? Tony Pulis, Kenny Jackett?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:59 am

NN2Blue2 wrote:
Bunk wrote:But surely the point in getting rid of Toshack was that we want to do a lot better than the s*** of the past few years.

Don't really know what to make of this, but I agree, I think he would be better than the list of candidates you have highlighted.
Potential "Welsh" managers are a bit thin on the ground at the moment - who might be added to the list? Tony Pulis, Kenny Jackett?

Both of those would be decent options but both have said they dont want the job.

If it is a welsh manager it will be someone that i've mentioned and frankly none of them are up to the job

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Why keep it Welsh? I'd rather a manager who knows how to get the best out of a team with the limited resources we currently have, and aren't going to get any better in the next few years, either. We need to look to the likes of Slovakia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic about how to play to our strengths. somethiong which no Welsh manager has achieved, bar the occassional exceptional performances. The closest we had recently was Hughes, but only that lasted a handful of games. And let's hope the new man can harness this 'Welsh passion' that our players are menat to possess, but I haven't seen for a long, long time.

Then best man for the job, not the best Welshman on offer is who we should be looking to appoint

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Why keep it Welsh? I'd rather a manager who knows how to get the best out of a team with the limited resources we currently have, and aren't going to get any better in the next few years, either. We need to look to the likes of Slovakia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic about how to play to our strengths. somethiong which no Welsh manager has achieved, bar the occassional exceptional performances. The closest we had recently was Hughes, but only that lasted a handful of games. And let's hope the new man can harness this 'Welsh passion' that our players are menat to possess, but I haven't seen for a long, long time.

Then best man for the job, not the best Welshman on offer is who we should be looking to appoint

Spot on.

Lagerbeck would be a good choice.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Why keep it Welsh? I'd rather a manager who knows how to get the best out of a team with the limited resources we currently have, and aren't going to get any better in the next few years, either. We need to look to the likes of Slovakia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic about how to play to our strengths. somethiong which no Welsh manager has achieved, bar the occassional exceptional performances. The closest we had recently was Hughes, but only that lasted a handful of games. And let's hope the new man can harness this 'Welsh passion' that our players are menat to possess, but I haven't seen for a long, long time.

On spot.