Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T - Playstation 3 Repair

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:58 am

Does anyone on here repair Playstation 3's?

I'm thinking about buying a duff (YLOD) PS3 off Ebay then getting it repaired. Seen a few guides on how to do it myself but just wondering if anyone on here did it and how much you would charge.

Re: O/T - Playstation 3 Repair

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:05 am

There's a shop in ponty just up and opposite side from the ymca shit hot at repairs on any gaming equipment.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:34 am

Gonzo wrote:Does anyone on here repair Playstation 3's?

I'm thinking about buying a duff (YLOD) PS3 off Ebay then getting it repaired. Seen a few guides on how to do it myself but just wondering if anyone on here did it and how much you would charge.

dont bother a RE-FLOW of the motherboard lasts a couple of months at best ;)

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:24 am

I can upgrade your hard drive to whatever size you want. With regards to fixing it, a mate of mine got his fixed via the insurance cover. Basically his PS3 broke, he then took out the cover on-line, which is available to anyone, then he phoned them up. They then sorted him out. :lol:

Not suggested to anyone that this is a right thing to do, just telling you a little story of what a mate did that's all. :lol:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 am

Berwyn wrote:I can upgrade your hard drive to whatever size you want. With regards to fixing it, a mate of mine got his fixed via the insurance cover. Basically his PS3 broke, he then took out the cover on-line, which is available to anyone, then he phoned them up. They then sorted him out. :lol:

Not suggested to anyone that this is a right thing to do, just telling you a little story of what a mate did that's all. :lol:

did that with an old fone lol.. Nokia N95 when they first come out.. screen smashed so used a different one for a week or 2..