Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Not happy with Chopra

Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:24 pm

Ladbrooks? More to the point.. have they got biscuits in India, cos Chops looks like he has been eating plenty of them lately!

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:05 pm

asz wrote:Anyone else think he's doing this for financial reasons rather than just the desire to play international football?

He's going to be the best/highest profile player for a nation of over 1 billion people with an ever growing economy. It's going to be a massive opportunity to make a stack of cash isn't it? You've only got to look at the salaries offered to the cricketers in the IPL!

True he could become the Beckham of India, he would make a fortune, not sure how long he would keep it but he would certainly make it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Latest FIFA Rankings have India at 142. Mind you, Wales are only at 111

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Like any other proffesional footballer I believe MC is maximising his income and why wouldn't he. Sure he's goy the blood line but he lives here and has a British passport!
And enjoys the benefits for sure, including a club that pays his wage. I'll sit on the fence and could argue for and against as we all could. Its a shame about these international call ups however great they may be. The price you pay for a top class squad like hours!

Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:54 am

India is an unknown in the international footballing world and Chopra would be seen as a star there even more so if City get promoted ............ more and more Asian players coming thru the ranks so who knows 1 day besides Chopra is never going to play for England is he ? Look at all the current Prem players playing for virtually unknown teams ........ plus his cousin plays cricket for India and was more or less in the same boat coz not good enough for England .

Best of luck to him I say :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:57 am

Vintage 63 wrote:India is an unknown in the international footballing world and Chopra would be seen as a star there even more so if City get promoted ............ more and more Asian players coming thru the ranks so who knows 1 day besides Chopra is never going to play for England is he ? Look at all the current Prem players playing for virtually unknown teams ........ plus his cousin plays cricket for India and was more or less in the same boat coz not good enough for England .

Best of luck to him I say :ayatollah:

very good point. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:52 pm

I don't think he is doing this for the sake of it.

I think he must have some affinity to India to do this so we should respect him and his choice to want to represent his country.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:24 pm

I didnt know Chopra was Indian ???? :lol: Im hope he doesnt miss 3 games tho !!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 am

Warren of Merthyr wrote:I didnt know Chopra was Indian ???? :lol: Im hope he doesnt miss 3 games tho !!

Kind of goes with the territory - the bigger we get as a club, the more our players come to the notice of the global football market. Maybe he'll catch "Dheli Belly" and lose those odd pounds he seems to be carrying at the moment! :D

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:29 pm

if he gets a chance he should go for it
we can cope without him

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Another good debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Feck me can you imagine in the dressing room. How the hell is his team mates gonna understand his accent :lol: :lol: and how is he gonna understand them. :lol: :lol: :lol: Will he have to wear a turban ? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:12 am

If she didn’t avoid the negative assessment machine in her mind by distraction or busyness, the stream of thoughts

that flooded into Pam’s awareness would chide her, “Your nose is too crooked. Your skin is a mess. You’re getting

wrinkles under your eyes WOW Power Leveling. You’re too fat. Nobody would

give you a second aion gold look Aion Gold. You need surgery to look better.”

In these moments WOW Gold, Pam would cringe and feel the familiar black pit in

her stomach suck the positive energy right out of her. And she would begin to doubt herself and her ability to create a

rewarding life Buy WOW Gold.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:24 am

Wtf?