Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not happy with Chopra

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Can't believe he is even considering missing at least 3 City games in January to go and play international football for India.

Right now we're leading the table with probably the best chance of automatic promotion that we've ever had. I’ve supported Cardiff all my life and to think that a player would voluntarily disappear at such a crucial time shows a lack of respect for us fans.

I like Chopra a lot, but if he jeopardises our season through this he can f**k off.

Harsh I know but it’s how I feel.

Re: Not happy with Chopra

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:15 pm

RobP wrote:Can't believe he is even considering missing at least 3 City games in January to go and play international football for India.

Right now we're leading the table with probably the best chance of automatic promotion that we've ever had. I’ve supported Cardiff all my life and to think that a player would voluntarily disappear at such a crucial time shows a lack of respect for us fans.

I like Chopra a lot, but if he jeopardises our season through this he can f**k off.

Harsh I know but it’s how I feel.

i think the problem is, is that its india. if it was brazil in the south american cup (or whatever its called) then would it be diffrent?

personally players who pull out and retire early from there country piss me off. it should be the proudest moment and the pinnacle of your sporting career.
so if he wants to play for india, although we will miss him, then i would wish him all the best.
maybe its because the betting in sport out there is massivly currupt and he could earn a few quid to pay his debts :lol:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:15 pm

I wouldn't have put it so strongly myself, but I agree with your sentiments. Let's hope this isn't going to affect any promotion push we are involved in

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:19 pm

milly44 wrote:personally players who pull out and retire early from there country piss me off. it should be the proudest moment and the pinnacle of your sporting career.

I think things are different now though, Milly. Just look at that snake Anelka. He did more damage than most to damage France's World Cup chances and then seemed to dismiss out of hand the ban that was imposed on him from playing for them for a long time and even laughed it off. I think that showed the contempt he had for playing for his country and it seems to becoming more and more common in a lot of players, especially the ones representing Champions League clubs

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:22 pm

milly44 wrote:
i think the problem is, is that its india. if it was brazil in the south american cup (or whatever its called) then would it be diffrent?

personally players who pull out and retire early from there country piss me off. it should be the proudest moment and the pinnacle of your sporting career.
so if he wants to play for india, although we will miss him, then i would wish him all the best.
maybe its because the betting in sport out there is massivly currupt and he could earn a few quid to pay his debts :lol:

I wish I could be so understanding.

I really have no problem with him playing for India, it’s just the timing.

Maybe the 'pressure' of being top of the league is getting to me. This is goingto be a long season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:25 pm

extra money for him aswell. maybe he sell few city shirts out whilst he is at it lol.

i agree tho if he does miss some of are games beacuse of it i will not be happy but then again if Jones got ideas for players in jan we could replace chops lol

:ayatollah:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:25 pm

im more pissed of that hes playing for india if anything. :lol:
before people jump to comclusions its not a racial thing, :lol:
its just there shit :D

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Post on BBC 606 site made me think. With talk of three new directors/ investors, what if one was Indian.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Anyone else think he's doing this for financial reasons rather than just the desire to play international football?

He's going to be the best/highest profile player for a nation of over 1 billion people with an ever growing economy. It's going to be a massive opportunity to make a stack of cash isn't it? You've only got to look at the salaries offered to the cricketers in the IPL!

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Post on BBC 606 site made me think. With talk of three new directors/ investors, what if one was Indian.

bang on.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:40 pm

I posted something along these lines the other day. I certainly think that there is more to this than meets the eye.

A few weeks ago I was doing some photography for the club and was positioned just in front of the away supporters. I looked through my lens, into the Directors Box, and saw what I believed to be an "Indian looking" gentleman sitting in a very prominent position. I wondered at the time then it went quiet - Until now?

I share some of the thoughts of posters above in that I would like to have Chopra here.

However, given the choice between Chopra and Major Investment from an Indian Businessman (to compliment that of our Malaysian Friends) I'd go for Investment every time. It is, afterall, only 3 games

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:45 pm

If he actually plays for India, we'd probably become like 5th known club in Asia. all those billions of Cardiff fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:46 pm

asz wrote:Anyone else think he's doing this for financial reasons rather than just the desire to play international football?

He's going to be the best/highest profile player for a nation of over 1 billion people with an ever growing economy. It's going to be a massive opportunity to make a stack of cash isn't it? You've only got to look at the salaries offered to the cricketers in the IPL!

o yes you right there, they on wild money out there, could see us playing friendly out there in the summer.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Yes that's right, it would be a massive marketing opportunity in that part of the world for Cardiff City FC. Go for it Chops!!!

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:16 pm

People say "but they are shit , why play for them? " but if all the good players thought that then they'll still be shit

like all prem players, "dont go play in the championship they are shit" how are you to progress? how are you going to get bigger and better players, make them better by playing and helping out, might also attract more good players thus making them not shit anymore

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Ben wrote:People say "but they are shit , why play for them? " but if all the good players thought that then they'll still be shit

like all prem players, "dont go play in the championship they are shit" how are you to progress? how are you going to get bigger and better players, make them better by playing and helping out, might also attract more good players thus making them not shit anymore

Yeah fair enough but I just want enough points for Cardiff to get to the Prem.

I don't care if India are shit or not and I don't care if they get better or not.

I just want Chopra to play the season for the club that employs him. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Mind you, look at all the clubs that lose players to the African Nations Cup. They must be pretty pissed off but it's just a fact of life they have to face. I do appreciate they usually know when they sign them and we wouldn't have been aware of Chops going if this comes off (a big if, mind) but just something we'll have to deal with at the time.

Mind you, Jay and Bellers up front?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Mind you, look at all the clubs that lose players to the African Nations Cup. They must be pretty pissed off but it's just a fact of life they have to face. I do appreciate they usually know when they sign them and we wouldn't have been aware of Chops going if this comes off (a big if, mind) but just something we'll have to deal with at the time.

koumas on the left. not bad forward line i suppose ha ha :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:44 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Mind you, look at all the clubs that lose players to the African Nations Cup. They must be pretty pissed off but it's just a fact of life they have to face. I do appreciate they usually know when they sign them and we wouldn't have been aware of Chops going if this comes off (a big if, mind) but just something we'll have to deal with at the time.

koumas on the left. not bad forward line i suppose ha ha :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah, with Burkey on the other wing, Whitts down the middle, we should be ok for 3 games :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Yeah, with Burkey on the other wing, Whitts down the middle, we should be ok for 3 games :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

OR -

Chopra in Asia
Jay at Arsenal
and Bellamy crocked after the XMAS fixture list ;) :oops:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Lets not think the worst about something that's yet to happen. And might even not happen

Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm not happy with him leaving us in the lurch to play for them.We pay his wages and when he signed his contract I suspect there was no mention or any likelihood of him ever playing for India. As others have said in this thread he is only trying to boost his commercial appeal and fill his pockets.I think the club should have a word in his ear and put a stop to it. :old:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:56 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Post on BBC 606 site made me think. With talk of three new directors/ investors, what if one was Indian.

Hmm, Indian as in from Malaysia and Singapore?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:13 pm

lets be honest every footballer dreams of an international cap.... if chopra wants to play for india maybe due to family commitments then let him do it.... although india are worse than wales playing for your country of choice will only make you a better play... watch how good bothroyd will be for just training with stevie g rio and all them it will help him...

(i know india havnt got the likes of these 5 star players but regardless of who they got chopra will come back a different player)

no need to jump on his back because hes missing 3 games just think hes got a 3 game suspension!!!!

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:42 pm

One of my favourite players.
On a Selfish Note, I believe this is Not good for Cardiff City and I am not happy either, He will be Worn out with lengthy travelling and Also Missing major games for us, and Rem We have a Small Squad, Were Not Man Utd or Chelsea.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:55 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26614 :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Makes me laugh people saying India are shit

Well Wales are world beaters are they ?????

Both as bad as one another - BOTH SHIT

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Well done Chopra this is good for India football more international for us the better for city :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Cardiff City wise I would prefer him not to but on the wider scope I am pleased for him. Saying that, I am skeptical because if playing for India meant that much to him, why has it taken him this long to take them up on the idea? I can't help but think he's seen the attention Bothroyd has had and wants a taste of international football himself.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:18 pm

have they got a ladbrokes in india :D :D