Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' A SERIOUS QUESTION REGARDING DAVE JONES and QPR AWAY '

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:' A SERIOUS QUESTION REGARDING DAVE JONES and QPR AWAY '

Its prob the Biggest game so far this Season, Some could say as Big as or even Bigger than the Jacks game the other week.

A lot of Big Name managers seem to out wit DJ in the past and its Also said by Myself and others that DJ bottles it/lets himself down/changes our usual game for the BIG ONES, Well This is the Big One, SO FAR IN MY OPINION.

Will DJ play Our normal game ?
Will DJ try and play to their strengths and not ours ?
Will DJ go for a Draw ?
Will DJ get wound up by this game ?
Will DJ play this game down ?

ANY OPINIONS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Oddly, and I don't know why, I don't see the game against QPR as a "must not lose" game. I don't think this is as big a game as the Jacks, not for local rivalry, but that we could have opened up a nine point gap on the side in third place. That was a BIG game with a potential big outcome.
I hope DJ plays or normal game and again for reasons I'm not quite sure about, I'm confident we'll come away with a positive result. QPR, though unbeaten, are in a bit of a draw slump.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:43 pm

I think we should worry about Forest first, but when it comes around - all the pressure is on them. They're the home side and they've led the table for most of the season. If we lose, DJ will get it in the neck as usual, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Doesn't matter though, we're winning this 2-0.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Normal but more emphasis on attacking
heaton
blake-hudson-gypes-naylor
burke-koumas-whitts
bellamy-bothroyd-chopra

hopefully no injuries

Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:37 pm

ccfcdor wrote:

Its prob the Biggest game so far this Season, Some could say as Big as or even Bigger than the Jacks game the other week.

A lot of Big Name managers seem to out wit DJ in the past and its Also said by Myself and others that DJ bottles it/lets himself down/changes our usual game for the BIG ONES, Well This is the Big One, SO FAR IN MY OPINION.

Will DJ go for a Draw ?

Annis when you say he bottles it for the big ones? Let me evidence the following;

1. Did we bottle it against West Brom away last season? NO we won 0-2
2. Did we bottle it against Boro away last season>? NO we won 0-1
3. Did we bottle it against the jacks at home last season? NO we won 2-1 and scored when it hurts them the most
4. Did we bottle it getting to the play offs last season? NO we beat QPR 0-1 at their own ground to reach play offs
5. Did we bottle it against Leicester in the play off semi final? NO
6. Did we bottle it against Arsenal at home in the fa cup at Ninian Park- NO we had a hard earned 0-0 draw
7. Did we bottle it against Birmingham at home in the league a few seasons ag0- No we beat them 2-0 when they were top of the league.
8. Did we bottle it when we beat Norwich in the league 2-1 at Ninian Park when they were top of the league and went up as champions..NO
9. Did we bottle it against Sunderland at home a few seasons ago when they were top of the championship and we beat them 4-0//NO

10. Did we bottle it against Barnsley at Wembley in the fa cup semi final after they had beaten Chelsea..NO
11. Did we bottle it against Boro away in the quarter final of fa cup when they were a premier league team ..NO

The above were all difficult games on big occassions where Cardiff were successfull...we dont always bottle it on big games.

Cardiff had not beaten Bristol City in years at Ashton Gate but in another one of our local derbys we smashed them 0-6 on their own patch... DJ has had some great results since being at Cardiff and also some terrible ones..Lets give the bloke some credit.

This wasnt pick on DJ thread it was a Genuine Opinions for QPR Away game,
But as Youve asked I will just name a few games out of many

Pompey Facup final
Blackpool play offs
Sheff Wed away to make the play offs.
Ipswich final ever league game at Ninian Park.
Most Jack games.

I think the point to this arguement is that all managers win and lose big games and games we should win etc thats part of football and i agree with both of you on some and disagree on other points, take the play off final blackpool's players wanted it more simple as!!! the jacks wanted it more the other week simple as that!! pompey in fa cup final were lucky, we had a very depleted squad out with no options on bench not much DJ could do with that apart from play rae, mcphail, hasselbaink and parry no other options!!! as the other fella mentioned under DJ we have also had some excellent results and in my opinion we have come along way since being promoted in this division and thats a credit to all involved with the club not just DJ. he does lack tactics sometimes but in general what other managers would have done better under the circumstances over last 6 years???
gotta ask yourself that??
i personally don't see any other manager who would have taken a poor championship squad with no money to where we are now but others will disagree with me and they are entitled to their opinion!

Re: Sticky: 'A SERIOUS QUESTION REGARDING DAVE JONES & QPR AWAY'

Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Will DJ go for a Draw ?

After The jack game and Forest game, This will be very interesting against QPR, How DJ plays it. ?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:18 pm

I am very very worried that Jones will try and set us up to suit QPRs formation, rather than play our usual shape. I think this is very dangerous, Taraabt (sorry about the spelling) is coming bang into a rich vein of form lately and he could rip us apart if we're handicapped by having to adjust to another new formation/play a different way :(

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 am

Cheers another Good Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: