Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Paul Miller - happy 50th birthday

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:45 am

Anyone remember paul Miller? It's his 50th birthday today. Pic of him in the Echo under birthdays

Re: Paul Miller - happy 50th birthday

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:47 am

Scored a goal at the vetch from the halfway line in the Mid 90,s :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:22 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Anyone remember paul Miller? It's his 50th birthday today. Pic of him in the Echo under birthdays

:ayatollah: ....................... not bad for a hun :D

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Wrong Paul Miller, he is 44 next Tuesday according to this. :ayatollah:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Millar

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 pm

nobby wrote:Wrong Paul Miller, he is 44 next Tuesday according to this. :ayatollah:

Look in the Echo, Nobby, he's got the City kit on and he's at NP. Oh, and never trust Wikipedia :lol:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:Wrong Paul Miller, he is 44 next Tuesday according to this. :ayatollah:

Look in the Echo, Nobby, he's got the City kit on and he's at NP. Oh, and never trust Wikipedia :lol:

Obviously needs updating then :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 pm

anybody find a link to that goal anywhere ?? I cant :(

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:44 pm

nobby wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Obviously needs updating then :lol: :ayatollah:

I have updated his wikipedia page, hope it is correct. :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Nice one, Nobby. I hope you went on to other pages and put malicious rumours on them. Like Tate and Trundle being in a civil partnership :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Nice one, Nobby. I hope you went on to other pages and put malicious rumours on them. Like Tate and Trundle being in a civil partnership :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:51 pm

The Echo paul Miller isn't the correct one Paul Miller is listed in THE DEFINITIVE CARDIFF CITY FC by Richard Shepherd as being born on the 16/11/1996 in Belfast. He played 146 times for the city between 1991 - 1994 scoring 20 goals before leaving in 1994 to join Port Vale. Better go back and change Wikepedia lol

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:00 pm

peter hooper wrote:The Echo paul Miller isn't the correct one Paul Miller is listed in THE DEFINITIVE CARDIFF CITY FC by Richard Shepherd as being born on the 16/11/1996 in Belfast. He played 146 times for the city between 1991 - 1994 scoring 20 goals before leaving in 1994 to join Port Vale. Better go back and change Wikepedia lol

14 then

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
peter hooper wrote:The Echo paul Miller isn't the correct one Paul Miller is listed in THE DEFINITIVE CARDIFF CITY FC by Richard Shepherd as being born on the 16/11/1996 in Belfast. He played 146 times for the city between 1991 - 1994 scoring 20 goals before leaving in 1994 to join Port Vale. Better go back and change Wikepedia lol

14 then

I have just checked in a book i have called The who's who of Cardiff City and he is born 16-11-66 in there so i better change it back i think. :lol:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:33 pm

nobby wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

14 then

I have just checked in a book i have called The who's who of Cardiff City and he is born 16-11-66 in there so i better change it back i think. :lol:

So who the hell is in the Echo then? I think we need to know :lol:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:09 pm

My favorite city player of that time.
Not for his footballing skills just because he was mental
Oh lord Paul miller
Stamp on his head
Miller from the half way line
Some of the song we used to sing to him.
With that in mind who has had the most songs sung about him.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:25 pm

It's Mill-A-r ya f*cking shower of dyslexic plums :D

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:53 pm

["peter hooper"]The Echo paul Miller isn't the correct one Paul Miller is listed in THE DEFINITIVE CARDIFF CITY FC by Richard Shepherd as being born on the 16/11/1996 in Belfast. He played 146 times for the city between 1991 - 1994 scoring 20 goals before leaving in 1994 to join Port Vale. Better go back and change Wikepedia lol[/quote]

what a player peter according to your stats he scored 20 goals for us before he was born :lol:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:57 pm

I was in school with this Paul Miller at Cantonian High School, he was a brilliant player at school along with his mate Chris Guy & I think you'll find they both joined CCFC as apprentices but obviously didnt develope onwards from the apprentice stage. I lived on the same road as Paul in Fairwater. Hope this helps with the confusion!! :?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:47 pm

remember the two arms in the air for every corner he took no matter where he put it!!

used to love it when he was taking a corner in front of the bob bank, as his back was turned everyone would raise both arms, he would do the same then lump it into the mixer - class

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:03 pm

I remember someone scoring at ST Andrews from the half way line.can't remember if it was Paul miller or not ,I remember singing Miller from the half way line :lol: Class

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:13 pm

your spot on xcasual . was at the very same game myself at brum

if you look around on u tube you will see that goal

nice to celebrate a birthday with miller from the half way line :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Paul Miller from the half way line vs the Jacks at the Vetch whjen City beat them 1-0 how can any City fan forget about ooohh aaarrr Paul Millaaaarrrr :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:46 am

chris313nt wrote:I was in school with this Paul Miller at Cantonian High School, he was a brilliant player at school along with his mate Chris Guy & I think you'll find they both joined CCFC as apprentices but obviously didnt develope onwards from the apprentice stage. I lived on the same road as Paul in Fairwater. Hope this helps with the confusion!! :?

Yep, wrong guy. He's also Ryan Giggs uncle as well. Cantonian had an awesome football team in that year. I believe he could have signed for Notts Forest and Cloughie at the time, but chose the City!