Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are we a team?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:03 am

On the back of what Annis said about our performance at Reading, I have concerns
that we just aint playing as a team.

Why is this? Too many loan players, too many players without new contracts, the manager to busy to manage?

All I know is we haven't looked convincing for most of our games even though we are where we are in the league.

The frustrating thing is when we play to our potential we look devastating.

I just get worried before every game that we won't perform. It shouldn't be like this as we have probably got the best team on paper.

Man City springs to mind!

What does everyone else think?

Re: Are we a team?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:13 am

I have said the majority of games this season - that our players are playing well but it seems to be "individually" and not as a gelled team.

They cannot continue through the season like this - its a long way off to rely on staying where we are playing like we are - it will backfire and so easy to slip!

Re: Are we a team?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:25 am

We started to gel in my opinion but then DJ fecked up badly against the Jacks. Also if you play bad and are not part of his inner circle he will destroy you. Matthews for one is not the same player absolutely a shadow of his former self and that for someone so young is an absolute disgrace DJ. Gabor has now payed the penalty. Sometimes a player needs an arm round them and DJ will never do that. I am a DJ supporter to a degree but i am finding it harder to defend him and just when things start to move along nicely DJ totally fucks up. WHY DOES HE ALWAYS DO THAT ?