Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it only Jay and Burke

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:21 am

that have not signed new contracts of players that we would want to keep at the end of the season.

We all know about Jay's contract but the Burke situation has been kept very queit

If we dont get to the premier l;eague this season with five players on loan and will return to their clubs, these two players likely to go on a free plus, players out of contract that we will not keep, whoever comes in as manager or if DJ stays it would be a massive re building job.

Thats why we have to get promoted cause it one hell of a gamble !

Re: Is it only Jay and Burke

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 am

Dobbin wrote:that have not signed new contracts of players that we would want to keep at the end of the season.

We all know about Jay's contract but the Burke situation has been kept very queit

If we dont get to the premier l;eague this season with five players on loan and will return to their clubs, these two players likely to go on a free plus, players out of contract that we will not keep, whoever comes in as manager or if DJ stays it would be a massive re building job.

Thats why we have to get promoted cause it one hell of a gamble !

Yes Dobbins it is, Jay I feel is keeping his options open and Burke has his Son in Scotland.

Re: Is it only Jay and Burke

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:11 am

If I was Burke I would keep my options open as well bearing in mind he has been one of better players this season and the gets shafted for the Jacks game.

he is very much a confidence player and I am sure if he had played against the Jacks then he would have tucked the two chances away against Reading.