Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SHEFFIELD UNITED

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:56 pm

is one of a number of clubs who I used to think were hudge in comparision to Cardiff City. In recent times I believe that we have a club that is at least on par with a team of this size and stature.

Bristol City is another club. Can you think of other previously percieved more illustrious clubs that we are either as big as or bigger and who players would chose us over them ? ( not including wages of course)

Re: STICKY - SHEFFIELD UNITED

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Joff wrote:is one of a number of clubs who I used to think were hudge in comparision to Cardiff City. In recent times I believe that we have a club that is at least on par with a team of this size and stature.

Bristol City is another club. Can you think of other previously percieved more illustrious clubs that we are either as big as or bigger and who players would chose us over them ? ( not including wages of course)

Sheffield United are terrible atm. Atmosphereless ground, terrible style of play and they cannot score for shit.

I love it!

I'd actually say the likes of Reading, QPR and Leicester are where we find ourselves now. Maybe wigan and bolton, thanks to their sustained periods in the top flight, are above us but if we get promoted I'd say we go straight back above them.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:08 pm

what is it like living in a two teamed city - there must be designated pubs all over the place ??

I actually think we are bigger than QPR - at least at the time of writing

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:41 pm

It may be a stupid thing to say but I actually think we are now a bigger club than Notts Forest, they have a proud history European Cup winners and all that but we have passed them by. The same can be said of Leicester, Ipswich , Middlesborough and Reading.

On almost every level be it playing squad, attendance, ground and financial backing we are probably at least level but more likely above them now.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:03 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Joff wrote:is one of a number of clubs who I used to think were hudge in comparision to Cardiff City. In recent times I believe that we have a club that is at least on par with a team of this size and stature.

Sheffield United are terrible atm. Atmosphereless ground, terrible style of play and they cannot score for shit.

I love it!

I'd actually say the likes of Reading, QPR and Leicester are where we find ourselves now. Maybe wigan and bolton, thanks to their sustained periods in the top flight, are above us but if we get promoted I'd say we go straight back above them.

we are bigger then QPR, their crowds are on par with swansea

Re: SHEFFIELD UNITED

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:02 am

I always thought Plymouth were Similar to us .

Re: SHEFFIELD UNITED

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:08 am

we sleeping giant that every club is now wary off , we got the fans the training stuff the stadium the backing just need to deliverer now . my opinion tho