Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" OTHER CLUBS READY FOR JAY IN THE NEW YEAR "

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Just be told on Good Authority, that Ian Holloway has been A Big Admirer of Jays for the last year and is interested in Jay, So are Birmingham C and a few other Premier League Clubs.
Also I have to Admit Dave Jones has brought the Best out of Jay and I do Believe if Jay went and Now played in the Premier he would do a Good job .

Re: " OTHER CLUBS READY FOR JAY IN THE NEW YEAR "

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Not necessarily.

Koumas outstanding for us - Wigan anyone? If Jay wants to run the risk of ending up with a manager who won't get the best out of him, then all he has left is the money.

Having said that, if a swap deal with Brum could be areranged for Jerome, I'd go for that.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:31 pm

nerd wrote:Not necessarily.

Koumas outstanding for us - Wigan anyone? If Jay wants to run the risk of ending up with a manager who won't get the best out of him, then all he has left is the money.

Having said that, if a swap deal with Brum could be areranged for Jerome, I'd go for that.

Nerd, I am not Saying he would Def be Great in the Premier, But I actually Feel/Believe he is Now Ready for it.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Jay has to be very careful, he will have clubs looking at him but a wrong move and he could find himself back sat on the bench or out of favour and moving about like he has all his career. No doubt this is the best form of his life and he is in a team built around him. I still think if the club upped our offer he would stay although I dont blame him for keeping his options open at the moment.

Id let him run his contract down rather than sell him in Jan tho

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:37 pm

see if we can get auction going if they want him then pay up i say .

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:55 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:see if we can get auction going if they want him then pay up i say .

I know it's a slightly different situation, but we had all speculation like this, this time last season with Whitts. :( :(
Lets hope nowt comes of it. :shock:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:31 pm

If jay wants to go at the end of the season then fine, he shouldnt decide yet, but wait to see if we get promoted. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:01 pm

id sign him end of season give him a reality check and chuck him on the bench NO PLAY IS BIGGER THAN A CLUB :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:29 pm

I wouldnt sell him, no matter what price teams were ofering, i would let him run it out. he only has 6 months left, wee will be lucky to get a million for him. Considering he cost us 375k, we're not exactly going to lose much. PLus if we go up, i thin he wil stay!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

As long as he keeps playing as he is then other clubs are bound to show interest,and be fair the guys twenty eight so whatever happens he must play Premiership foot ball next season or he could miss out,i would'nt mind betting he'd like to do it with us though.As for signing a new contract why do it now there could be a lot more money on offer at the end of the season.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:Not necessarily.

Nerd, I am not Saying he would Def be Great in the Premier, But I actually Feel/Believe he is Now Ready for it.

If he is ready for it Annis, I think his best bet is to stick with us and have a look at the situation come christmas time? Do you still believe it will be sorted in our favour - because I think we will do well, and look strong, and Jay will see this.

Do you know where he lives, and his family situation, does he like it here, is he settled, etc etc.... I know he's been here for a while and he knows the fans love him - this will also play a part in his decision. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I think its a sign of the times players not renewing their contracts.
They have all the power.The risk they take is if they get a bad
injury their are fucked.

We won't sell Jay.
it's a gamble we must take.

Blackpool will be coming down anyhow. :old:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:13 pm

I think Jay's more than capable of makin g the step up. there's not many CF's in the lower half of the prem I'd swap him for.

It would be disaterous for us if he left, it'd cattle our whole season.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Nerd, I am not Saying he would Def be Great in the Premier, But I actually Feel/Believe he is Now Ready for it.

He is.

With Cardiff City.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just be told on Good Authority, that Ian Holloway has been A Big Admirer of Jays for the last year and is interested in Jay, So are Birmingham C and a few other Premier League Clubs.
Also I have to Admit Dave Jones has brought the Best out of Jay and I do Believe if Jay went and Now played in the Premier he would do a Good job .

We can't get to the Premiership without him, you only have to look at the playoff final or the Swansea game to realise that, so he's going nowhere .............

He wouldn't anyway, he will want a hefty signing on fee, and he won't have to wait long, then he can run his contract down and see where we end up, and how much backing the Malaysians will be giving us for next season, hopefully in the Premiership?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:56 am

The Metro online is reporting Jay will turn down Liverpool to sign a new contract at City. The new deal will include a further pay rise should we get promoted.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:57 am

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... rdiff-deal?