Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good comments about us in Reading programme

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 pm

By both their Supporters Trust rep Jon keen and Jobi McAnuff :ayatollah:

I will shorten it all down but basically Jon Keen wrote:

That as we always do will bring a large and lively crowd to Reading.
The ludicrous and slanderous generalisation that every Cardiff is a hooligan.
We are one of the most passionate fans in the game and called the number of bubble trips we have to endure ( more than any other set of supporters) as outrageous.

The treatment our fans get as a result of "bubble" trips and Police like at Leeds when 600 fans missed the kick off despite being in Leeds several hours before kick off.

I hope our supporters trust reps will be winging a letter of thanks for his support.

In jobi's interview:

It's a great City with great fans, he loved his time with us - people used to come up to him and thank him even though he felt we were having a poor season.
Unlike London based championship clubs,we live in no-ones shadow, no Man United's or Arsenal's and our fans are unbelievable ,very passionate and it would be great to see us in premier.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Good comments about us in Reading programme

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 pm

I was saddened when McAnuff left. Although we had to sell at the time, it was still disappointing to see him go

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:00 pm

it was one of the worst deals ever, we let him go for peanuts and couldnt replace him... i went mad back then...

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:28 pm

I too was gutted when McAnuff left. Good player for us. Quite enjoyed my trip yesterday, the Reading fans seemed decent.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:17 pm

And on CCMB, TLG reckons damage was done at Reading - what's the truth?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:44 pm

i loved McAnuff, at the time we had kav as a team we seemed to go back and forth in midfield

McAnuff came in and he ran down the line beating players etc and showed promise , abit like burky, then he went for peanuts :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: