Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MOST IMPORTANT POINT OF THE SEASON SO FAR

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:46 am

Could have been disasaster if we had lost , as the pressure would have been immense on the team following the Swansea debacle.

I didnt go last night, but Radio Wales commentary suggested we were even in the first half and put in a strong second half showing.

Reading are a powerful , fit side and a point against them is excellent.

Credit must go to the Cardiff support - was very loud, particularly in the second half , as we were attacking the city end..

to take 3,500 on a weds night is outstanding - I wonder what Reading must have thought ? - If any team brought that following to Cardiff we would talk about it for years.

Re: MOST IMPORTANT POINT OF THE SEASON SO FAR

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:59 am

they said we were even in the first half. f**k me we could have been 4 down at half time we got torn to shreds :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:02 am

Joff wrote:Could have been disasaster if we had lost , as the pressure would have been immense on the team following the Swansea debacle.

I didnt go last night, but Radio Wales commentary suggested we were even in the first half and put in a strong second half showing.

Reading are a powerful , fit side and a point against them is excellent.

Credit must go to the Cardiff support - was very loud, particularly in the second half , as we were attacking the city end..

to take 3,500 on a weds night is outstanding - I wonder what Reading must have thought ? - If any team brought that following to Cardiff we would talk about it for years.

I listened to the game on Cardiff City Player and your right the vocal support for the team could be heard as clear as a bell amazing when you consider the media sit in the back row of the main stand.

Huge credit to everyone who went last night absolutely fantastic support. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Of the result any point away from home is a good point when you earn the point away at Reading it's a very good point. I do think that Scunthorpe is a different manner as if we really are to believe we will go up in the automatic places we will need to win there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:20 am

1st half def not even!!!

They were faster than us had more possesion than us and out played us! - Heaton kept us in it!

2nd half changes made - game changed - to me Reading seemed the stronger team and faster pace!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 am

Jez wrote:1st half def not even!!!

They were faster than us had more possesion than us and out played us! - Heaton kept us in it!

2nd half changes made - game changed - to me Reading seemed the stronger team and faster pace!

Have to agree with this, their movement, pace & skill in the 1st half blew us away and we were lucky to go in 1-0 down although we could have scored had Chops gone round the keeper instead of going for his usual flick over his head!

In general it was a poor performance from us, but I think they needed the draw to get some confidence back and don't forget DJ made 6 changes (including jay coming back in) so the team was going to look a bit muddled for 45 mins.....I would expect us to win well at Scunnie but it won't be a walk over :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Add to that Joff, in the programme, They keep a record of all away followings

Swansea took 2200 there, on a Saturday I believe

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:32 pm

2,200, that's not bad thou to be fair , and they took more than use last year Mr R

any other stats :lol:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Joff wrote:2,200, that's not bad thou to be fair , and they took more than use last year Mr R

any other stats :lol:

They had 10 times more racists there than us. Fact ;-D