Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I AM HAPPY WITH A POINT LAST NIGHT EVEN THOUGH

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:48 am

I AM HAPPY WITH A POINT LAST NIGHT EVEN THOUGH FOR VIRTUALLY THE WHOLE OF THE FIRST HALF WE WERE NEVER IN IT,WE had not one shot on target in the first half. Second half at least we came out fighting. Heaton is doing a better job than a lot of fans give him Credit for. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Superb/Fantastic Support from Our Fans, THE MASSED RANKS BEHIND THE GOAL LOOKED AMAZING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But We NOW DEF NEED TO WIN AT SCUNTHORPE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I AM HAPPY WITH A POINT LAST NIGHT EVEN THOUGH

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:I AM HAPPY WITH A POINT LAST NIGHT EVEN THOUGH FOR VIRTUALLY THE WHOLE OF THE FIRST HALF WE WERE NEVER IN IT,WE had not one shot on target in the first half. Second half at least we came out fighting. Heaton is doing a better job than a lot of fans give him Credit for. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Superb/Fantastic Support from Our Fans, THE MASSED RANKS BEHIND THE GOAL LOOKED AMAZING :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

flyers should of been given out to sing at home - last night was awsome at times ......... as were only a small town in swansea

fooking arses ............. a bit of fire second half ......... you floating around cardiff today m8 going up north 5 books

one signed to me awaiting still general sir ! I phone you at 10a.m

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:01 am

The defence is a major problem for City at the mo and its causing the 2 in centre midfield to come too deep to get the ball plus the ball and possession gets given away too easily in defensive positions which makes the MF always turn on the back foot . Burkey and Chops last nite didnt have their shooting boots on and on another day could easily have had 2 each .

But a better 2nd half and fantastic away support as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:07 am

Annis totally agree with you - very lucky to take a point!

:ayatollah:

As for Heaton I think he is doing a good job - especially when you have our defence stood infront of him being a liabilty not support!!!

:ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 am

Draw was fair result in the end even though if Shane Long had of scored that sitter at begining of 2nd half would have been different.

Distribution from back 4 abysmal, first half never won one 2nd ball or clearwed our lines well enough aerially.

marked improvement 2nd half with chances etc. but definitely not gonna get things our own way this season.

still at least the jacks lost!!lol after there cup final sunday :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:20 am

would have taken a point after watching a dog shit first half performance. 2nd wasnt muh better. so a good point given jacks lost n qpr drew :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:06 pm

I thought it was a terrible performance, really poor and I wouldnt have complained if we come away with nothing

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:18 pm

Heaton MOM last night Annis.

my rankings/comments.

Heaton 8 MOM, solid handling and great positioning and stops, dealt with poor back-passes well.

Naylor 6 -struggled against Readings pace and movement, but stuck at it and joine din attacks, some poor backpasses

Hudson 7 - typical Hudson, lots of good blocks and tackles, easily won most ariel balls, but seemed to back off too much on occasions

Blake 6 - Poor 1st half, gave the ball away with 5 of his first 6 passe sit seemed. Settled a bit later and worked hard, putting in some important tackles.

Matthews 6 - Too tight to hudson for the 1st goal, also seemed happy to allow Hudson to come accross to his position and take his headers. Looked nervy early on. 2nd half though much better, looks so composed on the ball and a lot of good movement came down his side -much of it sparked by good footwork from the youngster. He's a winger in my eyes.

Whittingham 6- struggled to get into things out wide, but later got into the game worked hard and linked things well when he came into the middle.

Mcphail 5 -disappointing, over-run in 1st half and seemed to be off the pace. Not his best game

Oli - 5 the odd good touch, but again looked ponderous and slow of thought.

Burke 6 - Another who was completely out of it in the 1st half, threatened more in the 2nd and really should have scored at least the 2nd of his 2 good chances.

Bothroyd 7- best outfield player, usual mix from him, great skill, good linking in between fally-over and being too greedy. nice goal

Chopra 6 -sparks of what he can do, but not enough. Maybe sufferred from a lack of quality in to him.

Subs:
Koumas showed some real class lovely touches and control and put Reading on the back-foot. Getting back to his best slowly. I want to see more of hi though.

Drinkie - worked hard and better touch than Sunday. Not on long.

By the way I was impressed with Reading, they passed and moved really well with loads of pace. Personally I thought they were better than Swansea, just we werent quite a bad as we were on Sunday.

Our support was over 3300 (not including hospitality, home end etc..) and pretty loud despite the fact we were 1-0 down most of the game.

'We scored like Lampard did, We scored like lampard did' - OK that was only me, but made my mates laugh. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I AM HAPPY WITH A POINT LAST NIGHT EVEN THOUGH FOR VIRTUALLY THE WHOLE OF THE FIRST HALF WE WERE NEVER IN IT,WE had not one shot on target in the first half. Second half at least we came out fighting. Heaton is doing a better job than a lot of fans give him Credit for. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i cant forgive D.J for sunday,but more than happy with a point away :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:55 am

BUT LESS THAN 3pts From Scunthorpe will Not Be Accepted :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:57 pm

A great point as I thought we were terrible tonight and unbelievably shocking in the first half, so many easy passes going astray, we looked second to every ball.

Heaton 7 - some good saves, maybe could have done better with the goal but not sure
Matthews 4 - thought he was poor, defensively very average and offered little going forward, Burke had to work harder in defence.
Blake 4 - all over the place in the first 15mins and although he got better he struggled and didnt close down quick enough
Hudson 5 - soe very good defending followed by some shocking defender, typical performance.
Naylor 5 - struggled at times but gave it a good go and one of the better attacking players in the team

Burke 6 - worked hard, should have scored but not at his best
McPhail 6 -seemed like he was the only played who could pass in the first half and tackled well
Oli 3 - thought he was terrible, hardly won the ball and wasted possession, looked slow.
Witts 5 - looked lost, im not sure where he was even playing and Im not sure he knew either, drifted in and out. Looked more cofortable in the middle when McPhail went off

Chopea 5 worked hard, had one good chance but not his night
Jay 4 - one of his worst games for us, struggled to hold the ball up, rarely beat a player.