Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can Dave Jones

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:29 am

be compared to Sven Goran Erickson and Fabio Capello

had a lengthy debate about it last night in the car going up and also with Annis at half time.

The reason i think he is as under Sven and Fabio England were aslways great at getting therough the qualifying groups with some in reserve, however when we ge6t to the major tournaments all of it goes out the window such as playing players out of position, changing formations when the personnel dont fit, playing out of form players and lastly playing players that are no where near fit.

the similiarities ring so true with DJ - FA Cup Final, Play Off Final, The Swansea game on sunday and probably more during his tenure

Thoughts ?

:ayatollah:

Re: Can Dave Jones

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:38 am

Dobbin, He is very Similar in my Opinion, Its that Final Hurdle and the Big games that Worry me with DJ.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:22 am

not that similer, i dont have the same hatred for capello and sven :lol:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:47 am

An interesting comparison but for me in reality there are no similarities between DJ and Sven / Fabio.

Besides having proved they are capable of managing top european club sides both Sven and Fabio have an air of authority about them. They are calm and considered when they are being interviewed even if it contains any criticism of them or their team.

DJ is totally incapable of taking criticism indeed less than a minute into his post match interview he was asking if the buffoons were outside. He even said when he was told Brian McDermott didn't think it was a goal, Brian wears glassess doesn't he perhaps he could get me some if their that good.

If I were in charge of the club I would make this guy see a psychologist because for me this is not normal behaviour. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 am

castleblue wrote:An interesting comparison but for me in reality there are no similarities between DJ and Sven / Fabio.

Besides having proved they are capable of managing top european club sides both Sven and Fabio have an air of authority about them. They are calm and considered when they are being interviewed even if it contains any criticism of them or their team.

DJ is totally incapable of taking criticism indeed less than a minute into his post match interview he was asking if the buffoons were outside. He even said when he was told Brian McDermott didn't think it was a goal, Brian wears glassess doesn't he perhaps he could get me some if their that good.If I were in charge of the club I would make this guy see a psychologist because for me this is not normal behaviour. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

To be fair to DJ i think that is a fair and humerous comment there is no way that Brian Mc Dermott could see wether it was a goal or not from his postion in the dug out :D :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:47 am

What worries me about DJ is that he will never admit he is wrong, other managers do but not him. It's not a healthy trait to have as a man manager.

He will blame everybody but himself and will even openly criticise young players in the press which could destroy their confidence.

We all make or have made mistakes and if he admitted when he does we would respect him more. Does he genuinely believe that no other manager has out thought him?

He has an arrogance about him and am sure he thinks he is the 2nd St David. God we are so lucky!!!