Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

confused about bothroyd

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm

guys can anyone help me out, im confused

is he rejecting a contract because he wants more money

or does he just not wanan stay with us ?

find it very dis-respectful if its the second one, as if it werent for DJ and cardiff he could be languishing in the lower leagues of english football, as no-one wanted to take a risk on him

Re: confused about bothroyd

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Right now, he knows he's our most important player. Our tactics are based around him. Swansea proved that.

I think it's the first one. He KNOWS he's our most important player, so he wants the money to go with it.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

He's 28 in his prime he maximising his earnings no doubt, cant blame him really

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:38 am

bluebird04 wrote:guys can anyone help me out, im confused

find it very dis-respectful if its the second one, as if it werent for DJ and cardiff he could be languishing in the lower leagues of english football, as no-one wanted to take a risk on him

id go with the first one, his new contract offer is a laughable when you compare him to other wage earners at the club and his importance to us.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:26 am

bluebird04 wrote:guys can anyone help me out, im confused

I think you have been listening to DJ and believing to much of the nonsense that he comes out with from time to time. During the supports trust meeting last Friday someone asked DJ about this contract situation and he replied by saying Jay needs to understand which side his bread is buttered, before he came here he was washed up with nowwhere to go. People say I should get a like for like player to cover for Jay I tell you what I don't want another Jay at the club he is to high maintenance.

Brilliant man management that and completely against any normal practice in MM terms, DJ would do well to get a copy of How To Win Friends And Influence People and read it and practice the skills.

I completely believe that Jay is happy at our club but he is only doing what he has a right to do and lets face it he is our most important player but we are paying Jason Koumas more to sit on the bench than we are offering Jay.

Thats not right and the club needs to deal with it and if that means DJ needs to offload a player to find money in his budget then he had better get on with it and quickly. Jay deserves the very best contract this club can offer him and as yet the club hasn't done that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: