Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STUDENT BUMS

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:21 pm

smashing windows, throwing stuff at the police, stealing, setting fire to things, all live on BBC news and all over the tv channels... proberly 20 times worse than what happened at chelsea YET how many of them will be in crown court facing prison sentances etc?

f**k all thats how many!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11726822

Re: STUDENT BUMS

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:23 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11728003

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 pm

I bet half of them aint even students or they are doing pervy courses like page 3 girls :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its true though, nothing will happen to them, they'll be able to go home afterwards laughing and joking

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Ben wrote:smashing windows, throwing stuff at the police, stealing, setting fire to things, all live on BBC news and all over the tv channels... proberly 20 times worse than what happened at chelsea YET how many of them will be in crown court facing prison sentances etc?

f**k all thats how many!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11726822

So what good luck to 'em at least the OB are getting it off someone ....btw how are they bums?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:33 pm

f**k the ob ,hate the twats

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:08 am

f**k students who protest about everything from save earth and ban the bomb to save the lesser spotted penguin :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:41 am

My take on student funding is firstly, if there were decent jobs for kids to go in to when they leave school then most of them wouldn't need to go in to Uni, but that's another argument.

When I went I noticed that there were lots of Greeks and Italians there. They told me that they can afford to go to Uni over here because they get European grant funding. That's money that our students don't get access to even though, correct me if I'm wrong, we are also in Europe.

The governments say that people who go to Uni end up on average earning more than those that don't. So surely then those people also pay more taxes than those that didn't go. Therefore surely the more people you train and educate the more the country will earn in taxes in the long term.

With regards to Uni fees. They should cap them and force Uni's to sut their cloth accordingly. Trust me, Uni's have a lot of fat that could be trimmed. The people working there for a start are paid way more than they are worth and the only place where they could earn that sort of money is in Uni's. Everyone's having to make cuts yet fat Uni's are allowed to carry on regardless.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 am

On the news last night, they interviewed a 'student' for a good 2 minutes who had the word 'f**k' written on his cheek :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:03 am

Gonna get worse before it gets better ! This government are gonna be in a for a tough time !

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:06 am

Berwyn wrote:My take on student funding is firstly, if there were decent jobs for kids to go in to when they leave school then most of them wouldn't need to go in to Uni, but that's another argument.

When I went I noticed that there were lots of Greeks and Italians there. They told me that they can afford to go to Uni over here because they get European grant funding. That's money that our students don't get access to even though, correct me if I'm wrong, we are also in Europe.

The governments say that people who go to Uni end up on average earning more than those that don't. So surely then those people also pay more taxes than those that didn't go. Therefore surely the more people you train and educate the more the country will earn in taxes in the long term.

With regards to Uni fees. They should cap them and force Uni's to sut their cloth accordingly. Trust me, Uni's have a lot of fat that could be trimmed. The people working there for a start are paid way more than they are worth and the only place where they could earn that sort of money is in Uni's. Everyone's having to make cuts yet fat Uni's are allowed to carry on regardless.

so it makes it ok, thanks

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:10 am

It's not just students who are going to be doing this. The more the government are going to "cut down" on different areas, the more different groups of people are going to be doing the same.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:11 am

Might I also add that the small minority that took part in that weren't actually students.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:21 am

Ever thought why the government are making these cuts? It's not the government they should be aiming these protests at, it's the people who got us in the mess in the first place ie the banks. But then, for these idiots, fanatics, anarchists and rent-a-demonstrator, it's too easy to vent their anger at the government, isn't it?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:21 am

Dafydd wrote:Might I also add that the small minority that took part in that weren't actually students.

How do you know? where you there?? can't can't say that for defo!!!!!!! ffs

on the footage they clearly look like students, unwashed, under fed, cheap larger cans etc :lol:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:26 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Ever thought why the government are making these cuts? It's not the government they should be aiming these protests at, it's the people who got us in the mess in the first place ie the banks. But then, for these idiots, fanatics, anarchists and rent-a-demonstrator, it's too easy to vent their anger at the government, isn't it?

Ever thought that the government are going about it the wrong way?

I can't remember where it was now, I think it was Japan about 10-15 years back, the government took the same approach that the Conservatives are taken now. It majorly backfired, and they had a huge double-dip.

As long as people keep spending, the economy sorts itself out over a set period of time (again, this has been proved, but cannot remember which country it was right now). The way Labour were going about things, it allowed spending to continue whilst trying to keep the debt down enough. Eventually the debt would've cleared itself. It's the way the economy works.

If a double-dip recession occurs, the amount of spending is hugely decreased due to people simply not having the money to do so. Therefore the economy would be facing a huge struggle to sort itself out.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:26 am

Ben wrote:
Dafydd wrote:Might I also add that the small minority that took part in that weren't actually students.

How do you know? where you there?? can't can't say that for defo!!!!!!! ffs

on the footage they clearly look like students, unwashed, under fed, cheap larger cans etc :lol:

And neither were you, so you can't say for definate that they were ;)

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:31 am

Dafydd wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Ever thought why the government are making these cuts? It's not the government they should be aiming these protests at, it's the people who got us in the mess in the first place ie the banks. But then, for these idiots, fanatics, anarchists and rent-a-demonstrator, it's too easy to vent their anger at the government, isn't it?

Ever thought that the government are going about it the wrong way?

I can't remember where it was now, I think it was Japan about 10-15 years back, the government took the same approach that the Conservatives are taken now. It majorly backfired, and they had a huge double-dip.

As long as people keep spending, the economy sorts itself out over a set period of time (again, this has been proved, but cannot remember which country it was right now). The way Labour were going about things, it allowed spending to continue whilst trying to keep the debt down enough. Eventually the debt would've cleared itself. It's the way the economy works.

If a double-dip recession occurs, the amount of spending is hugely decreased due to people simply not having the money to do so. Therefore the economy would be facing a huge struggle to sort itself out.

It's definitely a mess that was passed down to them, whether it's been caused by the banks, the Labour government or whoever. But better business brains than either mine or yours have looked at it and decided to sort it out as best they can. Either way, the demonstrators yesterday weren't doing themselves any favours by causing the damage they caused. But then they probably weren't the ones who organised it and took poart in it hoping to try and force change through by peaceful means

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 am

Nottage Blue wrote:It's definitely a mess that was passed down to them, whether it's been caused by the banks, the Labour government or whoever. But better business brains than either mine or yours have looked at it and decided to sort it out as best they can. Either way, the demonstrators yesterday weren't doing themselves any favours by causing the damage they caused. But then they probably weren't the ones who organised it and took poart in it hoping to try and force change through by peaceful means

I can't argue with that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 am

Dafydd wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:It's definitely a mess that was passed down to them, whether it's been caused by the banks, the Labour government or whoever. But better business brains than either mine or yours have looked at it and decided to sort it out as best they can. Either way, the demonstrators yesterday weren't doing themselves any favours by causing the damage they caused. But then they probably weren't the ones who organised it and took poart in it hoping to try and force change through by peaceful means

I can't argue with that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion :ayatollah:

Thanks!! :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 am

These students want to get a degree then they can become bankers themselves. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:37 am

Cardiff Fans will probably get blamed by the MET for the riots :evil:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:38 am

how they are making cuts to people trying to educate themselves i dont know... i know people who have been on the dole for over 2 years.. its disgusting, perhaps they should venture down swansea way and stop all the free money going out there instead of cutting funding to the future of the country

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 am

ridofrid wrote:These students want to get a degree then they can become bankers themselves.

As far as I'm concerned they're all bankers

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:46 am

The Douce wrote:how they are making cuts to people trying to educate themselves i dont know... i know people who have been on the dole for over 2 years.. its disgusting, perhaps they should venture down swansea way and stop all the free money going out there instead of cutting funding to the future of the country

If only this website had a Facebook style 'like' button for comments

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:59 am

waiting for this SUN/NOTW headline:

"Riots are caused by Irish Muslims, with EU passports, who follow Cardiff City"

:D

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Hofmeister wrote:waiting for this SUN/NOTW headline:

"Riots are caused by Irish Muslims, with EU passports, who follow Cardiff City"

:D

Isn't that today's Daily Mail headline?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:17 pm

"students incensed by cardiff's goal at reading took to the streets in protest of the welsh club, and rightly so, as yet again the welsh club cheated the english out of points...some had this to say..

"i cant believe bellamy's goal was given, hes not even english"

"god damn i hate bellamy"

"nathan blake was clearly offside"

"there not even english, GET OUT OF OUR LEAGUE YOU CHEATERS!"

"Who does he think he is? frank lampard!?"

"Sheep shaggers"

Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Problem is, a sizeable amount of students shouldn't be getting Uni places.

Previous government policies have been to push as many students into Uni as possible. That, and converting most polys into Unis has diluted the quality of a degree.

Degrees used to mark graduates out; these days, when everyone and their dog seems to have them, the net worth of having a degree is lowered. It's like the continually rising number of GCSEs at grade A...

These days a degree doesn't in itself mean anything. You're looking to hire a graduate, will you hire recent graduate, wet behind the ears, little to no real world experience or someone out of work, with a degree with say 10 years experience of the sector? It's a no-brainer unless you want things done on the cheap.