Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jones' time here is very similar to his time at Wolves

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 pm

if we get to the prem get rid of him, he obv cant thrive under pressure

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Midfield general wrote:If I remember correctly that the fans there were 50/50 on him because he was the best manager they had for a long time yet when they let him go McCarthy has done even better than Jones.

His attitude to me doesn't benefit the club as a business and I wouldn't be happy with his recent comments towards the fans and media if I was the owner of the club.

His interview yesterday where he called the local media people fools and buffoons was totally unacceptable whatever your opinions on these guys they never ever lower themselves to that level. Sadly this does reflect on the club and someone should deal with it and bring and end to this child like your not allowed in my press conferences.

The question is who in the club is going to do that, Gethin Jenkins, TG, VT or Julian in the ticket office thats the problem no one to bring the stubborn, pedantic and arrogent man to heel.

On your point of changing manager it's not going to happen but as with all things in football you never know, McCarthey is a good example of how changing managers even one who was off a disaster at Sunderland doesn't always end in tears.

Alan Pardew is out of work and is a proven manager at Championship and Premier League level, better overall win record than DJ as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:28 pm

I can tell you now that Dave at Wolves was very good guy, But he didnt have much money at all ,Even when they went up they didnt give him anything thats why they caome back down and all the fans knew that. How do I know this ? wel I have 2 season tickets in what is now the Steve Bull stand. Wolves have always been my second team since I was 7 years old. There a lot more guys at Wolves at this time, that dont like Mick, But still like Dave Jones. All the ex Wolves players here now with us I have seen play many many times. Its hard for any Manager to stay in the prem. One of the big problems is when you go up is to get quality players to come to the club. This is Wolves 2nd season in the prem,but they still get problems in getting the kind of players they want. Dave has his faults like all managers but so do we as Fans,if he had won the game agaist the Swans he would have been the King,but cos we lost,now guys want him out. Lets Remember he is doing a job that we all think we could do better,and hes doing it with very little money at all yet we are still second and after tonight we could be top again. Did we all think we were never going to get beat again ? We all want to shame thing, and so do DJ and the players.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:34 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I can tell you now that Dave at Wolves was very good guy, But he didnt have much money at all ,Even when they went up they didnt give him anything thats why they caome back down and all the fans knew that. How do I know this ? wel I have 2 season tickets in what is now the Steve Bull stand. Wolves have always been my second team since I was 7 years old. There a lot more guys at Wolves at this time, that dont like Mick, But still like Dave Jones. All the ex Wolves players here now with us I have seen play many many times. Its hard for any Manager to stay in the prem. One of the big problems is when you go up is to get quality players to come to the club. This is Wolves 2nd season in the prem,but they still get problems in getting the kind of players they want. Dave has his faults like all managers but so do we as Fans,if he had won the game agaist the Swans he would have been the King,but cos we lost,now guys want him out. Lets Remember he is doing a job that we all think we could do better,and hes doing it with very little money at all yet we are still second and after tonight we could be top again. Did we all think we were never going to get beat again ? We all want to shame thing, and so do DJ and the players.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Dave Jones first arrived at Wolves he spent more than £8m on revamping the team which was the highest amount invested in players in the clubs history. It is true the club spent little in comparison during their stay in the PL but by any standard he was given a fortune to get them out of the Championship.

There is one direct comparison between his time at Cardiff and Wolves and that is his record in derby games, in the case of Wolves the derby could involve WBA, Birmingham or Villa during his time at Wolves he had 6 league games against those clubs. His record is 1 win 2 draws and 3 defeats.

At Cardiff we all know Swansea City is the derby match and his record in the 6 games is 1 win, 2 draws and 3 defeats.

Does seem he has problems with winning derby matches whereever he is. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: