Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COULD THIS FORUM DO ANYTHING?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:41 pm

TO HELP THE ATMOSPHERE AT THE CCS?

I NO IN THE PAST WE AS A FORUM HAVE DONE MANY THINGS. HELPED GET THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TOGETHER FOR A MARCH AGAINST RIDSDALE WHICH I FEEL HELPED TO KICK HIM OUT.

WE GOT TOGETR AND CAME UP WITH THE RIVERSIDE SCARFES WHICH 1000's OF PEOPLE BOUGHT AND HELPED MAKE OUR POINT.

WE GOT HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE TO HELP WITH THE 'ILL BE THERE'' SONG.

SO DO YOU THINK WE CAN COME UP WITH AN IDEA AS A FORUM TO GET THE STADIUM ROCKING AGAIN. AS THIS MESSAGEBOARD HAS A MASSIVE INFLUENCE ON CARDIFF CITY!

MAYBE SHEETS WITH SONGS ON OR SOMETHING I DONT NO.

ANY IDEAS THAT COULD GET THE WHOLE GROUND SINGING. COZ LETS FACE IT SWANSEA SHOULD BE THE BEST ATMOSPHERE OF THE SEASON AND IT WAS SHIT.

:ayatollah:

Re: COULD THIS FORUM DO ANYTHING?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:46 pm

Get a forum section in CCS, even if there is just 50 of us, atleast there will be 50 singing which is better than none

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:39 am

I think you're overestimating the power of this forum. We're just a tiny percentage of the support, but you're right in saying we have had a massive influence on past events, especially the march and the scarves but they were also helped by other factors i.e Ridsdale trying to ruin the club and the scarves were visible, which helped a great deal. But getting the stadium rocking could be too much for even this forum to handle. It's a collective thing amongst all the fans. I don't actually think it's the layout of the stadium and where the fans are put in relation to the away fans, just the factor of an all seater stadium and the part that plays in the way the fans get behind the team. It's been pointed out that Ninian wasn't always rocking, but you can guarantee it was when the jacks came to town. I just think it's fans attitudes in general that is making the atmosphere the way it it is

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:46 am

Chippy,

We should Unite and come up with some good ideas and Be honest its a Terrible Atmosphere in the New stadium, BUT IT CAN BE MADE BETTER :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 am

I know it would cost quite a bit, but I wonder how much it would be to get the stadium (or at least the Ninian or Canton end) acoustically assessed? Perhaps all it would need are a few strategically placed "sound boards" to get the noise bouncing around the stadium rather than straight up out of the top?
Not that I am an expert, but I am sure I have heard of this happening in other stadiums?

Just a thought. :(

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 am

I remember someone telling me that Man City's ground started off a little like ours, in so much as people who wanted to sing were in with families and it took them 3 seasons or so to realise that they could make their atmosphere better. I've never been there so I can't comment on what it's like there but maybe it's not all lost as far as atmosphere is concerned. Maybe an email to TG and VT or a bit of friendly lobbying to them may help our cause?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:05 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I remember someone telling me that Man City's ground started off a little like ours, in so much as people who wanted to sing were in with families and it took them 3 seasons or so to realise that they could make their atmosphere better. I've never been there so I can't comment on what it's like there but maybe it's not all lost as far as atmosphere is concerned. Maybe an email to TG and VT or a bit of friendly lobbying to them may help our cause?

Good point.
Perhaps a section could be a ticket for that section rather than for a seat in that section. (if you get what I mean?) So you go to a section and stand (oops, sit) :D where you like within that section? On the old Grange end, all the singers/noise makers would get together. As it stands, everyone is now dispersed and have new (no offence to them) season ticket holders between the fans who want to sing and get nowhere trying to get the atmos going. It would be a win win situation. Singers get together and "make some noise" fans who want to sit and be quiet :( can do so. It would also help S/T holders take someone to the game and be next to them should they so wish. Hope this makes sense? :shock:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:12 am

Uncle Fester wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I remember someone telling me that Man City's ground started off a little like ours, in so much as people who wanted to sing were in with families and it took them 3 seasons or so to realise that they could make their atmosphere better. I've never been there so I can't comment on what it's like there but maybe it's not all lost as far as atmosphere is concerned. Maybe an email to TG and VT or a bit of friendly lobbying to them may help our cause?

Good point.
Perhaps a section could be a ticket for that section rather than for a seat in that section. (if you get what I mean?) So you go to a section and stand (oops, sit) :D where you like within that section? On the old Grange end, all the singers/noise makers would get together. As it stands, everyone is now dispersed and have new (no offence to them) season ticket holders between the fans who want to sing and get nowhere trying to get the atmos going. It would be a win win situation. Singers get together and "make some noise" fans who want to sit and be quiet :( can do so. It would also help S/T holders take someone to the game and be next to them should they so wish. Hope this makes sense? :shock:

It does make sense. It wouldn't be that difficult to police, either. Let's face it, you can see the argument the club would put forward to say that you'd get people trying to get in there when they have tickets for other parts of the ground, but it wouldn't be too difficult if the stewards are on the ball.And, if you make it the cheapest part of the ground, that should ensure people who want to go in there buy tickets for that part of the ground when they go on sale.

I hope that made sense too and didn't ramble, although being in work, I was distracted a couple of times :mrgreen:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Good point.

It does make sense. It wouldn't be that difficult to police, either. Let's face it, you can see the argument the club would put forward to say that you'd get people trying to get in there when they have tickets for other parts of the ground, but it wouldn't be too difficult if the stewards are on the ball.And, if you make it the cheapest part of the ground, that should ensure people who want to go in there buy tickets for that part of the ground when they go on sale.

I hope that made sense too and didn't ramble, although being in work, I was distracted a couple of times :mrgreen:

Now that makes a lot of sense too. Are they nice? :downtown: :downtown: :downtown: :downtown: :D :D

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:35 am

They are, Unc, they're very nice indeed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:01 am

[quote

Perhaps a section could be a ticket for that section rather than for a seat in that section. (if you get what I mean?) So you go to a section and stand (oops, sit) :D where you like within that section? On the old Grange end, all the singers/noise makers would get together. As it stands, everyone is now dispersed and have new (no offence to them) season ticket holders between the fans who want to sing and get nowhere trying to get the atmos going. It would be a win win situation. Singers get together and "make some noise" fans who want to sit and be quiet :( can do so. It would also help S/T holders take someone to the game and be next to them should they so wish. Hope this makes sense? :shock:[/quote]

this by far the best idea ive heard :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:Chippy,

We should Unite and come up with some good ideas and Be honest its a Terrible Atmosphere in the New stadium, BUT IT CAN BE MADE BETTER :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis as i said in a post laqst night can you or we arrange something with the club to buy season tickets en bloc thoughts,robbie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:37 am

beddau blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Chippy,

Annis as i said in a post laqst night can you or we arrange something with the club to buy season tickets en bloc thoughts,robbie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Under the old regime I don't think this would even have been considered but maybe VT and TG may be open to this suggestion? It doesn't pose the same logistical problems as moving the family section to the other end of the ground

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:58 am

Purpose built Stadiums dont rock (CCS, Pride Park, Stadium Of Light,etc)

Older Grounds do (Ninian, Anfield, Windsor Park etc)

Its the acoustics, and spaced out seating with extra stewarding that make it really difficult, even the mill stad is crap for 6 nations

Also the smell of pies, ganja and urine with elbows and Body odour all around you bring the voice out of you! :lol:

I miss Ninian so much but not going to harp on about it, i blame the stadium for the atmos not the crowd, I dont stop singing in the Canton for the full 90 mins, and the next day my singing voice is shot to pieces! I am open to suggestions though to improve it, maybe start a group and all the 'singers' sign up to it, we can agree on new songs and get our season tickets in the same section? :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:05 am

tangledupinblue wrote:Purpose built Stadiums dont rock (CCS, Pride Park, Stadium Of Light,etc)

Stoke seem to have done a good job of making their ground rock when it's full so perhaps we should look at how they've done it. But, on the whole, you're spot on

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:20 am

Lets keep this thread going some positive suggestions here, keep em coming. I have made good friends in the 2 years at CCS where my ST is, but would move in a shot to be grouped in with a designated singing section. :ayatollah: Maybe thats how Stoke did it!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:28 am

sadly there is one wayne nash in the way, who is anti everything fun at our stadium, unbeleavable i know from a banned hooligan but there we go.

some great suggestions here, i dont have any diffrernt ones as such, fingers crossed we can do something though :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:12 pm

milly44 wrote:sadly there is one wayne nash in the way, who is anti everything fun at our stadium, unbeleavable i know from a banned hooligan but there we go.

some great suggestions here, i dont have any diffrernt ones as such, fingers crossed we can do something though :ayatollah:

I didn't see that the family section would ever be moved, and I said so on here. I didn'#t want to be seen as negative, but I just thought it would never happen and didnt't want to think unrealistically. However, on this thread, there have been some positive comments about getting the atmosphere going and I am happy to add my opinion to this. Lets hope the singing/standing section, or whatever you want to call it, can become reality

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Lets have a chat about it on the Coach with a few beverages in our hands :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Lets have a chat about it on the Coach with a few beverages in our hands :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

You know you'll be on here tomorrow morning asking people if they remember what was said though :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Lets have a chat about it on the Coach with a few beverages in our hands :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

You know you'll be on here tomorrow morning asking people if they remember what was said though :lol: :lol:

You have a point there Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:48 pm

I think we could (if he will do it) is utilise Ali a bit more. Let everyone in the stadium know via the PA system that more singing and chanting is required. Try to come up with some sort of campaign to get the atmosphere back. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:03 pm

I agree about having an area in the ground for us on this forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:40 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:I think we could (if he will do it) is utilise Ali a bit more. Let everyone in the stadium know via the PA system that more singing and chanting is required. Try to come up with some sort of campaign to get the atmosphere back. :ayatollah:

He does shout "Support the boys, make some noise" though. What more can he do?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Visual to start like the ultras with scarf waving? Or rivalry between our stands?? Banter between canton and ninian as example??

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:52 pm

I think as mentioned yesterday the only option is for everyone to get their seasontickets together en mass so thereforew we woul d have message board members and people who want to get behind the team situated in one area. WE could meet say one day at 11.30 in the ninian then go down to the ticket office i reckon around 400 in one area will get the place rocking :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I think as mentioned yesterday the only option is for everyone to get their seasontickets together en mass so thereforew we woul d have message board members and people who want to get behind the team situated in one area. WE could meet say one day at 11.30 in the ninian then go down to the ticket office i reckon around 400 in one area will get the place rocking :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I think as mentioned yesterday the only option is for everyone to get their seasontickets together en mass so thereforew we woul d have message board members and people who want to get behind the team situated in one area. WE could meet say one day at 11.30 in the ninian then go down to the ticket office i reckon around 400 in one area will get the place rocking :ayatollah:

Just out of interest, which part of the ground would you suggest and which part do you currently sit in?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Lets go in the Away End :lol: :lol: :lol: normally plenty of room :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Lets go in the Away End :lol: :lol: :lol: normally plenty of room :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On a serious note about that, perhaps, for certain games where not many away fans come here from, perhaps more seating can be given to home fans? Normally there are blocks and blocks separating 100 or so away fans from our fans