Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay gone from twitter

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Anyone know where he's gone?

Re: Jay gone from twitter

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:15 pm

rb1976 wrote:Anyone know where he's gone?

Birmingham on a bosman?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:15 pm

@realJBothroyd
Is his new Twitter. He said he was going to shut that one down because people could not find him.

@NathaanWalkerr ;)

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:17 pm

He's staying on the old one now, well thats what he Tweeted :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:27 pm

I was about to beg him to stay and do the :ayatollah:

Nice one fella's I'm going to write every day until January. anyone know if santa is on there I'll write to him too every day probably got a better chance of him sorting a contract out for Jay ! :o

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:31 pm

http://twitter.com/jaybothroyd

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:36 pm

He is going pay for view.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 am

he's back now

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:34 am

Are there any more City Players on twitter i know chopra is :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:37 am

Whats Chopra's twitter?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:30 pm

never met anyone like Jay before. we saved his career and built a team around him he owes us alot more than just saying bye im off to the premiership! If he used his head he would see we are allmost there if he waits 6 months he would be there with city! the reason hes chaging his bloody twitter is because he aint signing a new contract and dont want all us city fans asking why not, all he cares about is ££. my eyes he wouldnt no what the word loyalty ment. he was my favourite player intill i read "im going to the premiership with or without city!" if that is true all i can say is another footballer thats pissed on city dont know the meaning of loyalty! JAY DO THE :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:09 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:never met anyone like Jay before. we saved his career and built a team around him he owes us alot more than just saying bye im off to the premiership! If he used his head he would see we are allmost there if he waits 6 months he would be there with city! the reason hes chaging his bloody twitter is because he aint signing a new contract and dont want all us city fans asking why not, all he cares about is ££. my eyes he wouldnt no what the word loyalty ment. he was my favourite player intill i read "im going to the premiership with or without city!" if that is true all i can say is another footballer thats pissed on city dont know the meaning of loyalty! JAY DO THE :ayatollah:

Surely this is Jay saying to City sort it out, contract was obviously no where near what he's worth, shrewd Malaysians on board and what not. At the end of the day the players are as fickle as anyone else. If he can get 200-500k or more else where can you blame him? I would go and I'm Cardiff through and through. Money talks especially when your 28 hitting top form and you have a short career. This has got Ledley syndrome, only this time Riddler aint pulling the strings. Its still early anyway and there's plenty more fish in the sea, should it come to it. Maybe its good news wrapped badly? Time will tell.
Just make sure you sign a f* contract for Cardiff JAY :D you owes us! :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:11 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:never met anyone like Jay before. we saved his career and built a team around him he owes us alot more than just saying bye im off to the premiership! If he used his head he would see we are allmost there if he waits 6 months he would be there with city! the reason hes chaging his bloody twitter is because he aint signing a new contract and dont want all us city fans asking why not, all he cares about is ££. my eyes he wouldnt no what the word loyalty ment. he was my favourite player intill i read "im going to the premiership with or without city!" if that is true all i can say is another footballer thats pissed on city dont know the meaning of loyalty! JAY DO THE :ayatollah:

OMG! another fan that believes loyalty still exists in the world of football!!! :lol:

Come on pal, you need to welcome yourself to the real world and understand that football is a mercanary business in which Money is the only fuel for most aspects of the sport! including AGENTS!

If you were 28, had a career in its prime and moving into the final years, and wanted to play at the highest level, you would ALWAYS have to consider you options at the end of ANY contract.

Bothroyd has found his level here in the championship, Whether HE believes he'd be any good in the premiership against SOLID PACEY CLEVER defenders is entirely his thinking, but personally I think we will be in a strong position this year, with money available to stregthen in January, I'm pretty sure Bothroyd will want to go up with us, and will sign his improved offer from the club.

But you never know - Football's a funny old game!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Totally agree!

I'm sure this debate will go on and on.

Just back to the Ledley situation, proper Cardiff boy grew up with City played a lot longer than Jay has and ended up in Scotland FFS! (No disrespect)

He wanted to stay for the right reasons.

Money talked at the end of the day not the club, there are plenty out therer with the money to spend, we need to remember we are still in the shit financially .

So the question about loyalty doesn't exist in the football world.

Bottom line if he signs he signs GREAT if he don't someone else will.

There a nice wage for whoever fills those boots. We may/can even get someone better, Jonesy is probably alrerady looking. (Plan B LoL)

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:14 pm

From what we all understand - Jones is looking at a possible replacement for Jay in January whether he goes OR stays.... it's plain to see we need quality target man like Jay to fill his shoes when he can't play. He is an integeral part of the club and he knows it, with a little push from his agent i'm sure!

Im sure the situation will be resolved soon, we have a class striker here, and a Billionaire chairman to be! no brainer really if Mr Tan wants premier league football! NOW.