Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Drinkys selection over Mcphail/Koumas

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:40 am

We all know Jonesy had a complete mare yesterday with his team selection and tactics.

Another worrying thing for me is what sort of message has this sent out to Mcphail and Koumas by picking a kid out for 3 months without even a reserve game under his belt for an intense derby over them??????

If Drinky hit the ground running and we won the game then they couldn't say anything but as we all saw he was miles off the pace and his first touch was on a par with Rae's- a pass to the opposition!

I thought yesterday was set up perfectly for Mcphail, he could have sat alongside Oli and given Whitts licence to push further forward. I know he's not everyones cup of tea but give the guy one thing he can pass a ball, our ball retention yesterday was woeful. Second half Whitts was so deep he was holding hands with Hudson and Gabor!

Also too much of square pegs in round holes, he was finding a place for Chops so he dropped Burkey and put Chops in his position who is nowhere near as effective hes a bloody good striker!

Our best form of defence is attack even without Jay. Jonesy should have set us up with all guns blazing and said to the jacks this is us deal with it. Instead he shits himself and sets us up to play away and with no width or balance in the side...Anyone would think we were away to Barcelona in the Nou Camp the way he set us up.

Also this club has spent 10 years over paying players who didnt deserve a fraction of it. In Jay we have the best player outside the premier who we just cant live without. If the club dont reward him handsomely with a big contract then I give up! :twisted:

Oh well Reading Wednesday here I come- Thank god Jay is back!!!! :ayatollah:

Re: Drinkys selection over Mcphail/Koumas

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 pm

ya rite mate,mcphail should have started in midfield ,drinkwater was way off the pace avin been out for so long,i do think DJ is the man who will take us up,but for fucksake dave i think its about time you stopped playing this derby down and realised the importance of it and wot it means to us fans. FUCKIN GUTTED!!!!!!!!!! :(

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:58 pm

drinkwater had a mare. Burke looked threatening when he came on and has been class all season. In summary very poor selection / tactics by jones. However long term we are on > 2 points per game and you get auto on that. end off.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:37 pm

I have always been a DJ fan but yesterdays team selection totally baffles and annoys me,

1. Why did he drop one of our most effective players to the bench?

2. Why did he put a player in the team who has been out for 10 weeks and not had any reserve team football when we got players like mcphail and koumas on the bench?

3. Why did he not stick to the tactics we played against Norwich (and just put Keogh for Boyhroyd)?

4. And why does he not appear to get passionate about these games?

Please can someone answer these questions because I just cant come to terms with the performance and tactics of yesterdays game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!