Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR fan here Taffys..

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 am

Well girls the 27th is nearly upon us & an interesting tie it will be.

Personally I can see us turning you over at our place as our home form is spot on. We just went through a bad run (4 draws & still unbeaten!) whilst you guys have now lost 3 games this season.

If I was honest from what I've seen of you, you just don't tick when Bothroyd is missing & when Bellend isn't on form you look very ordinary. On paper I would say you lot are the best in this division with players like Whittingham, Bellend, Olifinjana, Bothroyd etc etc but we have a very good mix of youth & grafters that are proving that blend works.

When I saw you smash Leeds I was worried but to be honest all we can do is win our games. I wanted you to beat the tramps yesterday as it would of kept a nice gap between TOP-QPR & 3rd spot.

How do you see the game going on the 27th? I'm plumping for a 2-0 home win.

And be honest without Bothroyd do you just not click?

Re: QPR fan here Taffys..

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:22 am

But, barring injury, Bothroyd will be available and therein liest he problem with your argument :lol:

If we have our first 11 available and actually perform, unlike yesterday :roll: , then the minimum I would expect would be a draw at your place.

You are right to feel confident at home, your start has been outstanding. But don't write us off after our worst home performance of the season. As we know only too well, it's a long way between now and May and our start has been just as good as yours before yesterday as it's number of points that counts not the number of losses.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:31 am

No mate wasn't writing you off AT ALL we know how good you are and the players you posses, I was simply saying although you have a depth of good players when you're 2 best do not perform either not in the team or have a poor game (Bothroyd & Bell) you just don't look as dangerous.

And you are correct it is all about points but I'd rather be unbeaten wouldn't you? No one likes too see their team losing, plus imagine the confidence running through the team.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 am

TonyJ wrote:No mate wasn't writing you off AT ALL we know how good you are and the players you posses, I was simply saying although you have a depth of good players when you're 2 best do not perform either not in the team or have a poor game (Bothroyd & Bell) you just don't look as dangerous.

And you are correct it is all about points but I'd rather be unbeaten wouldn't you? No one likes too see their team losing, plus imagine the confidence running through the team.

Im just shocked that a QPR fan has come on here talking sense for a change :lol:
Mate... QPR obviously have a very tight thing going, they dont concede goals and
score for fun. We have had a shocking run of injuries and would be top of the
division if it wasnt for that. We have a better offensive line than you do, but your
defence is miles better than ours. I fancy you to go up as champions!!

However!!!!

Are YOU a one man team?? will you be able to perform so well if Taraabt gets injured
and is out for a few weeks? That will be your test I reckon!

Peace.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

TonyJ wrote:No mate wasn't writing you off AT ALL we know how good you are and the players you posses, I was simply saying although you have a depth of good players when you're 2 best do not perform either not in the team or have a poor game (Bothroyd & Bell) you just don't look as dangerous.

I know what you are saying about not losing but this season, because of the attacking players we've got, we expect to lose a few but we will win more than most.

The simple facts is that if anyone averages 2 points a game they go up automatically with 92 points ........... end of story, so more wins makes that easier to do.

At the moment bot of us are doing better than that so it's so far so good for both clubs. That's certainly how both managers will look at it. I think we're both better off than Newcastle were at the same time last season.

Anyway, I look forward to visiting Loftus Road again. still got some good memories from last season !!

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Taffyapple & pile respect for the responses.

Too be honest all you guys would of heard in the media is about Adel Taarabt BUT from someone who watches the team week in week out I can honestly say their is much more important players in the team. Yes Taarabt when he is on song is an absolute joy to watch, vision, creation & skill is way above anyone in this league I honestly believe that but he does tend to go missing for 2-3 games at a time where as on the other hand we have players like Shaun Derry, Ali Faurlin & Jamie Mackie who are all absolute work horses which most of our good stuff goes through.

Of course I don't want to lose Taarabt for any games but if we do we have enough to cope.

Also you say you have had awful injuries but people forget so have we we are without 2 of our most influential players in Martin Rowlands & Lee Cook, Fitz Hall has been out since the start of the season, Peter Ramage is out for the season & Heidar Helguson is also out injured so please remember we also are suffering on that front.

With your strike force you should really walk this league, I am envious of your firepower but as you say your defence does look suspect. Looking forward to the 27th as I think it will be a test of both sides credentials & who can forget the return fixture at your place on ST GEORGE'S DAY!!!

Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

I was debating whether Jack QPR would rejoin under a different name..... Scrap that! This guy can spell! :lol:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:04 pm

QPR are followed by bunch of cocks :lol:

Jesus, where do they get their lot from? :lol:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Just out of interest who is QPRs derby game or nearest to this year ? Reading ?

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:31 pm

We will be back to form by the time we play you, dont just us by the Swansea game,It will be a tight game.
2-2 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:38 pm

QPR & Us to go up auto.jacks lose to Derby in play final.
Tate own goal in last minute of normal time. :old:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We will be back to form by the time we play you, dont just us by the Swansea game,It will be a tight game.

Agree :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:19 pm

We will beat QPR 3-1,with JACKQPR coming on as a sub an scoring for them :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:20 pm

When has Bothroyd played and not performed well this season! 11 goals ..... hmmm... If I was you, I'd be VERY worried about Bothroyd, Bellamy and Chopra at your place, also Burke will run you ragged down the right hand side... ;)

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Merlin wrote:

When has Bothroyd played and not performed well this season! 11 goals ..... hmmm... If I was you, I'd be VERY worried about Bothroyd, Bellamy and Chopra at your place, also Burke will run you ragged down the right hand side... ;)

Saw your game against Ipswich Bothroyd was dog shit mate,
Bellamy done nish yesterday & Chopra the same (shouldn't of even been on the pitch)

Next question.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We will be back to form by the time we play you, dont just us by the Swansea game,It will be a tight game.

I agree Annis I am anticipating a very lively affair.

Defo wouldn't judge you by the Swansea game as we also had a shocker against the wurzels on Sky a few weeks back, but what does inspire me is the fact you have been beaten 3 times this season already. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:09 pm

seems he watches Cardiff more than he watches QPR.....

bwoodblue wrote:QPR are followed by bunch of cocks :lol:

agreed

the dustbin

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:33 pm

welshdougie wrote:seems he watches Cardiff more than he watches QPR.....

bwoodblue wrote:QPR are followed by bunch of cocks :lol:

agreed

the dustbin

Intellectual answer lads.

Embarrassing... :D

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:40 pm

TonyJ wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Saw your game against Ipswich Bothroyd was dog shit mate,
Bellamy done nish yesterday & Chopra the same (shouldn't of even been on the pitch)

Next question.

Spot on with that one mate. He'd just come back from injury and was garbage. only time this year though.

Suprised you mark up Derry and Rowlands amongst your best players - I always though Derry should never finish 90 minutes and Rowlands couldnt pass 20 yards. More concerned about that foreign winger, Hulse and the other forwards you've got. Also 2 decent centre halfs. Never thought Cook was much more than ordinary, but hey you see them every week so i might be wrong.

Shouldnt be much in it ansd its already looking like a 3-way fight with us 2 and the Jacks for the 2 top spots.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:40 pm

TonyJ, who do you think will be the top 2 teams this season?

I will say, Cardiff 1st & QPR 2nd.

:ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Lawnmower

Sorry mate I think you misquoted me there. I mentioned Rowlands & Cook as decent players we have who are out injured as one of your guys was talking about your injury problems.

I stated our most important players as Derry who does a fantastic job in front of the back 4 in breaking up play but can also bring people into the game. Reads everything bang on.

Mackie-who never stops running & chases balls he should never get. Also creates a lot for himself & others around him.

Faurlin-Our £3.5M midfield man, plays in a holding role in front of Derry who has a beautiful touch & an amazing range of passes.

I agree with you in that Taarabt is most def our danger man & when he is on song we usually win. Hulse although he didn't score Saturday he came very close too a couple of goals & caused their CB's no end of problems.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:TonyJ, who do you think will be the top 2 teams this season?

Would have to agree with that one mate.

Your front line should take you up alone.

All about January though & if either of us strengthens.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:52 pm

TonyJ wrote:Lawnmower

Sorry mate I think you misquoted me there. I mentioned Rowlands & Cook as decent players we have who are out injured as one of your guys was talking about your injury problems.

I stated our most important players as Derry who does a fantastic job in front of the back 4 in breaking up play but can also bring people into the game. Reads everything bang on.

Mackie-who never stops running & chases balls he should never get. Also creates a lot for himself & others around him.

Faurlin-Our £3.5M midfield man, plays in a holding role in front of Derry who has a beautiful touch & an amazing range of passes.

I agree with you in that Taarabt is most def our danger man & when he is on song we usually win. Hulse although he didn't score Saturday he came very close too a couple of goals & caused their CB's no end of problems.

Got you. Apologies for the misqoute.
Only seen Faurlin once and yes he looked good.

However it wasn't Taraabt I was on about (there's been enough hype about him elsewhere) though it was the ex-Plymouth guy (winger) who's name escapes me. Feckin senility. :lol:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Long,long, way to go yet, discuss this in April 2011 !

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:58 pm

TonyJ wrote:

Defo wouldn't judge you by the Swansea game as we also had a shocker against the wurzels on Sky a few weeks back, but what does inspire me is the fact you have been beaten 3 times this season already. :ayatollah
apart from yesterday, our 2 games we lost were played with 5 of our team injured,,,, and we still stayed in second place,,,,, now try taking 5 of your players out of the team? do you think you would still be top? we will see how good your squad is when injuries kick in,,,,,, ive said it on here before, qpr will be in the play-offs at best, wont go up automatically, :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:00 pm

TonyJ wrote:

Yes, like you said its All about January in the Transfer window, i feel if Cardiff strengthen at the back Cardiff Could run away with the league if Cardiff play their best. :ayatollah:

Going abit off track, wasnt there arguements in the Board room with your owners and they was going to leave? :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:17 pm

ninianblue wrote:
TonyJ wrote:

Defo wouldn't judge you by the Swansea game as we also had a shocker against the wurzels on Sky a few weeks back, but what does inspire me is the fact you have been beaten 3 times this season already. :ayatollah
apart from yesterday, our 2 games we lost were played with 5 of our team injured,,,, and we still stayed in second place,,,,, now try taking 5 of your players out of the team? do you think you would still be top? we will see how good your squad is when injuries kick in,,,,,, ive said it on here before, qpr will be in the play-offs at best, wont go up automatically, :ayatollah:

Clint Hill-Injured
Heidar Helguson-Injured
Fitz Hall-Injured
Peter Ramage-Injured
Akos Buzsaky-injured

All players who were starting XI who are now injured and we have shuffled the pack and are oh hang on STILL TOP & STILL UNBEATEN!

You boys are going to get too over confident because you have 3 good forwards (and rightly so) but Bellers with only 1 game a week & a big injury waiting to happen (history doesn't lie) and 2 others who HAVE to stay consistent is a very hard call.

Your defence is youe achilles heel & QPR will expose that make no bones.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:
TonyJ wrote:

Yes, like you said its All about January in the Transfer window, i feel if Cardiff strengthen at the back Cardiff Could run away with the league if Cardiff play their best. :ayatollah:

Going abit off track, wasnt there arguements in the Board room with your owners and they was going to leave? :ayatollah:

Yea Briatore was gonna f*ck off but can't see him going anywhere whilst we are on course for the promised land.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:20 pm

TonyJ wrote:Yea Briatore was gonna f*ck off but can't see him going anywhere whilst we are on course for the promised land.

Ahh right, what was the bust up over? :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:
TonyJ wrote:Yea Briatore was gonna f*ck off but can't see him going anywhere whilst we are on course for the promised land.

Ahh right, what was the bust up over? :ayatollah:

Cos he's just a fat interfering c*nt and was getting slaughtered every game & it wasn't doing anything for his ego or rep so threw a strop. By all accounts he's taken a back seat now and are letting the Mittals & Warnock do their job.