Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Blaming DJ - pathetic

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:01 pm

In the past when we've played Swansea and they allegedly outplayed us it was because Dave didn't play 5 in midfield. Today he addressed that issue and it arguably backfired. Had he played Burke and kept the formation of the past few games who knows what could've happened but I bet a pound to a pinch of shit if itches the same result a lot of people on here would be giving it the ol' 5 in midfield cost us! Either wat DJ was on a loser. f**k knows why as he's by far the best manager we've had down here for years.

All the big guns on this board are too engrossed in blaming one person that they are blinded as to forget the 2 glorious chances Bellamy had to win the game. Had he rounded the keeper properly and slotted it home this board would be a happier place, had headed home an easy chance late on this board would be claiming a 6 point gap. As it is we have a 3 point gap over 3rd and we lie in 2nd place. Today Craig Bellamy (Premiership, Champions League player whatever you beef him up to be) should stand up and be counted.

This derby game means more to Swansea as they live in our shadow. They deserved today's win and I say well done to them. The game today had draw written all over it but Swansea took their chance and we didn't.

In my opinion we will finish 20 points aheadcif Swansea this year as it's a marathon not a sprint. I'm just glad a poxy derby game is out of the way. Roll on Wednesday, roll on Reading.

Re: Blaming DJ - pathetic

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 pm

well said butty
completely spot on
thank god someone with sense

this forum is so anti dj its unbelievable-the man speaks with sense/very professional/treats all teams with respect-the way football should be

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:In the past when we've played Swansea and they allegedly outplayed us it was because Dave didn't play 5 in midfield. Today he addressed that issue and it arguably backfired. Had he played Burke and kept the formation of the past few games who knows what could've happened but I bet a pound to a pinch of shit if itches the same result a lot of people on here would be giving it the ol' 5 in midfield cost us! Either wat DJ was on a loser. f**k knows why as he's by far the best manager we've had down here for years.

All the big guns on this board are too engrossed in blaming one person that they are blinded as to forget the 2 glorious chances Bellamy had to win the game. Had he rounded the keeper properly and slotted it home this board would be a happier place, had headed home an easy chance late on this board would be claiming a 6 point gap. As it is we have a 3 point gap over 3rd and we lie in 2nd place. Today Craig Bellamy (Premiership, Champions League player whatever you beef him up to be) should stand up and be counted.

This derby game means more to Swansea as they live in our shadow. They deserved today's win and I say well done to them. The game today had draw written all over it but Swansea took their chance and we didn't.

In my opinion we will finish 20 points aheadcif Swansea this year as it's a marathon not a sprint. I'm just glad a poxy derby game is out of the way. Roll on Wednesday, roll on Reading.

and d.j is only blamming gypes apparently.i hope your right with the rest of your post :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:In the past when we've played Swansea and they allegedly outplayed us it was because Dave didn't play 5 in midfield. Today he addressed that issue and it arguably backfired. Had he played Burke and kept the formation of the past few games who knows what could've happened but I bet a pound to a pinch of shit if itches the same result a lot of people on here would be giving it the ol' 5 in midfield cost us! Either wat DJ was on a loser. f**k knows why as he's by far the best manager we've had down here for years.

What are you on about you muppet!!! He played Keogh upfront with Chopra. Not 5 in midfield!!

Bullshit!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:39 pm

What??? Was that you're first game? That's how we've been playing but swap Bothroyd with Keogh you complete prick. Come back to me when you've got a clue!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:44 pm

By dropping Burke and picking Drinkwater he shored up the centre of midfield where, like I said, we've been allegedly outplayed by a 5 man midfield set up. Chopra is not an out and out striker neither is Bellamy. They drift between midfield and feed of Bothroyd or Keogh.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Do you think that Keough is a target man. As I don't, two touches and the second is a tackle. Dave Jones got it wrong today and the result is there for us all to see.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Another good post MR Jones :lol: :lol: :lol: Stop changing your username David :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:17 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:What??? Was that you're first game? That's how we've been playing but swap Bothroyd with Keogh you complete prick. Come back to me when you've got a clue!

'20 points ahead of the swans' and 'this a poxy derby', '5 in midfield we always play this way' with Jay 5 in midfield, 'derby means more to the swans ' I quote you your bullshit! 'the greatest trick the devil pulled' Complete waster you are! All your quotes!

Smack you round the chops. Watch who you're talking too! Played more football than you could dream of!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:39 pm

I don't blame Jonesy 100%, but I definatly blame him. Starting with Keogh up front, Chopra on the right, and trying to get Keogh to play a Bothroyd role was f*cking pathetic.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Dafydd wrote:

I don't blame Jonesy 100%, but I definatly blame him. Starting with Keogh up front, Chopra on the right, and trying to get Keogh to play a Bothroyd role was f*cking pathetic.

Spot on Chief :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:By dropping Burke and picking Drinkwater he shored up the centre of midfield where, like I said, we've been allegedly outplayed by a 5 man midfield set up. Chopra is not an out and out striker neither is Bellamy. They drift between midfield and feed of Bothroyd or Keogh.

Apologies for being a cock - my man! take the comments back, big drinking day absolutely bolloxed, and a bad result! Still no need!

We're all city and everyone has a view, and I respect anyones view! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:24 pm

ccfcdor wrote:well said butty
completely spot on
thank god someone with sense

this forum is so anti dj its unbelievable-the man speaks with sense/very professional/treats all teams with respect-the way football should be

I just Speak My Mind and My Honest Opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I dont change week in week out, he played a totally unfit Drinkwater and Chops totally out of position

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25910 :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:06 pm

ChiChi wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:By dropping Burke and picking Drinkwater he shored up the centre of midfield where, like I said, we've been allegedly outplayed by a 5 man midfield set up. Chopra is not an out and out striker neither is Bellamy. They drift between midfield and feed of Bothroyd or Keogh.

Apologies for being a cock - my man! take the comments back, big drinking day absolutely bolloxed, and a bad result! Still no need!

We're all city and everyone has a view, and I respect anyones view! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Chi Chi. No need to call yourself a cock pal. I was out of order too. Pity our players didn't show the same amount of passion and belief that we and other members on this board show.

I was fuming yesterday and coupled with a day on the sauce it wasn't a great idea to air my opinion on here!

Anyway I'll look forward to a trip to Reading on Wednesday night where we will no doubt get back on track. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:11 pm

As far as I'm concerned, DJ's intent was for Bellamy and Chopra to play off Keogh who was forced to adopt the "big man" role that Bothroyd has so successfully made his own in his time here.

Call that 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1, it's not 4-5-1 as Chopra is not a midfielder and never will be - As I've just noticved Annis said above.

I still believe, as I said throughout the game, that Chopra/Bellamy should've been brought off as both were as ineffective as the other.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:01 pm

The problem was not tactics or team selection.

Rogers second-guessed how Jones was going to play the game
and mugged him by having his defence sit deep and denying
Chops/Bellamy space!!!

The problem was that DJ is too slow/too stubborn/ or not astute enough
to see when things are going wrong. He simply has no plan B.

Jay would have made a difference BUT... perhaps we'd still have lost given
the way their defence performed.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Unlike Annis I normally support DJ and believe that he's done a brilliant job whilst constantly having to sell, but this was certainly NOT his finest hour. The team was already weakened without Jay, and he further weakened it by bringing in a half fit Drinkwater and dropping Chris Burke. Everybody knows that Keogh is not a target man, so what was that all about. You don't really need an IQ in double figures to know that lobbing the ball up to their box was going to lose it every time. I felt really sorry for the lad. And what happened to pressing up on their back line? From the start we were giving them as much time and space as they wanted. And as if they didn't have enough of the ball, how many times did we just give it back to them.

The first half was an embarrasment - no passion, no plan, no atmosphere and totally outplayed. Okay, so DJ would surely change the shape and shake them up a bit at half time? ..... I wish!!!

Before the match I was looking for our forwards to pull them all over the place, and when Chris Burke finally came on we started to open them up and could have still won it, but in truth they've probably had tougher practice matches!!! Their defence had so little to do for most of the game that we made them look good, yet we could have scored 2 or maybe 3 in the last 20 minutes, because as soon as we started moving the ball around they were more like a seive, and Bellamy could have scored with 2 headers and the one on one with the goalie.

Now Annis makes no secret of not being a fan of DJ, but I think that anyone who doesn't think DJ cocked this one up big time is just guilty of blind loyalty.

:old:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:44 pm

dave jones bottled it simple. more concerned about what they were doing. instead of us going out at home and doing what we do best. drop burke :roll: play keough :roll: play drinkwater :roll: