Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Drinkwater had a Nightmare !!!!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 pm

I was a bit sceptical when I saw him in the line up, but what a shocker he had, he was so far off the pace it was unreal, his passing was atrocious and he had the touch of an elephant !

Lets not forget where the goal came from, his inability to control the ball in the misddle of the park cost us dear !

But if I could see ALL THIS, why couldn't Dave Jones ?

Answer ? He could, its just he's to pig headed to admit he made a mistake by playing him and didn't take him off until it was too late !!!

Re: Drinkwater had a Nightmare !!!!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:36 pm

You weren't the only one who could see it as well! I don't want to shout down Drinkwater. It's not his fault. He was trying his best but just wasn't ready yet.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:52 pm

The Trooper wrote:I was a bit sceptical when I saw him in the line up, but what a shocker he had, he was so far off the pace it was unreal, his passing was atrocious and he had the touch of an elephant !

Lets not forget where the goal came from, his inability to control the ball in the misddle of the park cost us dear !

But if I could see ALL THIS, why couldn't Dave Jones ?

Answer ? He could, its just he's to pig headed to admit he made a mistake by playing him and didn't take him off until it was too late !!!

Dont Blame Drinkwater, BLAME DJ NO RESERVE TEAM.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Drinkwater didn't start the season too well but after a few games he began to find his feet and became a valuable member of the team.

It was expecting too much of him to come in after a couple ofmonths and be the same player and unfortunately his rustiness showed today.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:11 pm

I don't think its anything to do with a reserve team

I think it was all about tactics & today Jones was clueless

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:13 pm

McPhail would have been a better bet. He has the ability to split defences with his passing.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:14 pm

You can blame jones for picking him, but once he crosses that white line, the blame for todays performance goes to Drinkwater !

Anyone who has played football knows how to do the simple things like pass and trap a ball, he proved today he could do neither !

He should have been more honest and said boss i'm not ready !

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:39 pm

wasnt empressed with any of them today..... and i agree with annis...... WE NEED A RESERVE TEAM to help players get to match fitness :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dont Blame Drinkwater, BLAME DJ NO RESERVE TEAM.

Spot on Burke should never have been dropped, there were quite a few miss passes in midfield.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:09 pm

well maybe thats why we are not managers, easy in hindsight, and very easy to have a go athe manager when it doesnt work.
players did not perform today.FACT

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:32 pm

I think it was the most stupid decision ive seen of DJ in a while.
Oh yer lets just stick and in experinced just come out of an injury youngster out in the a game of this calibre its just ridiculous .