Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What Went Wrong?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Here it is summed up...

1. Jones changed formation and strategy for one game. Why bring Keogh in and then shift to a 4-5-1?
2. Bothroyd shouldn't have been a bell end and gotten suspended.
3. Drinkwater and Keogh haven't played for weeks and were then expected to come in and fill vital roles.
4. Drinkwater got subbed off too late. He should have gone 5 mins after half time when it was clear he wasn't up to it.
5. Why didn't Burke start in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3?
6. Certain players such as Whittingham, Gyepes, Naylor, Hudson, Drinkwater and Olofinjana were to slow and laborious compared to the Jacks who were playing as if their promotion hopes depended on it.
7. Heaton really should have done more with the goal. He got to it, and yes, it took a deflection but he should have been stronger and push it round the post.

All in all I don't think Swansea were that good. I didn't look at them and think 'f**k me, they're awesome'. I thought we were terrible. Even without Bothroyd we should have beaten them. I'd consider just dropping Whittingham for big games. He always goes absent for them.

I've come to just see the Swansea games as bonus games now because I never expect us to win. So I can't say I'm really that disappointed that we lost. I'm disappointed we lost the game because it's three points but I don't really give a shit it was to the Jacks. I just hope they learn from this and really wish Jones would realise it isn't 'just another game'.

Sorry Jonesy et al, I'm big fans of your work but you ballsed it up today... not that you had much help from half of the players on the pitch. Well played to Swansea, a cuntish as the likes of Williams, Allen and Tate are they did deserve the win... and are probably disappointed they didn't score more.

Re: What Went Wrong?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Totaly agree with you mate. I could'nt beleve Burke was dropped...

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:36 pm

i thought both teams were crap today,,,, a 0-0 would have been a fair result,,,,,, as a derby game players never raised there game, heaton should have saved that goal, he had a poor game today, the same as the other 10,,,and was bellamy playing today?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:38 pm

I don't think 0-0 would have been a fair result at all to be honest. Swansea had 3-4 really decent chances. Remember us struggling to handle set pieces again and Sinclair hitting the post plus them being camped in our half for about 60% of the game.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:54 pm

DJ was the One and Only, who SHOULD TAKE THE FULL BLAME, NO ONE ELSE. HIS TACTICS IS WHAT WENT WRONG.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DJ was the One and Only, who SHOULD TAKE THE FULL BLAME, NO ONE ELSE. HIS TACTICS IS WHAT WENT WRONG.

Annis, you surely can't condone some of the work ethics and performances out there today? Even if the system isn't great you'd still expect performances and effort on the pitch.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Zabier wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:DJ was the One and Only, who SHOULD TAKE THE FULL BLAME, NO ONE ELSE. HIS TACTICS IS WHAT WENT WRONG.

Annis, you surely can't condone some of the work ethics and performances out there today? Even if the system isn't great you'd still expect performances and effort on the pitch.

Chops and Bells were Both unhappy with how DJ positioned everyone. THe Jacks also want it more than Our Team.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:59 pm

what went right

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:11 pm

The problem as I see it was we had a guy sitting on the bench that should have been on the field ( Burke), and we had a guy in a postion on the field that should have been on the bench ( Keogh.) Im sorry to keep saying this but I was real suprise when dave brought him here. I have seen Andy play so many many times and I know for a fact he is not a out and out striker,and to think for 1min that he can stand in for Jay ,you have to be insane.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:13 pm

No Bothroyd = No ideas :(

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:27 pm

DJ let us down, The players let us down and we the fans let us down. After leaving the ground today I just couldn't believe I came out of a derby fixture. I would be quite happy not to go down again. I might be just feeling the pain of derby heartbreak but I feel absolutely sick, dejected you can tell even the jacks couldn't believe how poor the atmosphere was. If today was a proper derby atmosphere you wouldn't have been able to hear their singing. That could have given the players a lift despite the poor tactics by DJ. DJ conceded that Swansea are the better team by changing our style to fit there's. Away from home I'd say ok but when you are playing a top of the table clash at home it should be the away team change there style not us! I could write a full article on what went wrong how low I'm feeling and just how sick I feel right now. I'm only glad that I came home to an empty house as there would be rows in the house tonight. Anyway rant over!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:31 pm

I usually defend Jones but today he got it wrong.

We needed to run at their defence which isnt all its made out to be and for that we needed Burke.

Drinkwater was rusty and mcPhail should have played as we needed to keep the ball miving which he does very well - also with no Jay the passing needed to be spot on and like him or not, he's the best we have at passing the ball accurately.

Finally wth no big man plaing for the Jacks we could have had Blake at CH to deal with their pace and to bring the ball out of defense. This is normally left to Hudson, but he's not the most comfortable with the ball at his feet .

WTF was Jones doing sticking Chopra out wide.

Ballsed up today, but we'll bounce back :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:35 pm

It happens. We cant win every game.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Karl wrote:It happens. We cant win every game.

I think I'm the most devastated that we lost to the team behind us at home. It doesn't matter if it is Swansea, QPR or blimmin' Doncaster.