Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

In DJ's Defence

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Before everyone starts jumping off windows ledges and throwing blame around can we just take a step back and have a more calmer look at things?

As I've always said we could be top of the Premier league and Swansea could be bottom of the 4th division and I'd still not be confident about beating them. They are very much a boogie team for us so just live with it. It's where we are at the end of the day that matters. I think it's far too easy to lose sight of the long term when derby games come around. If it means promotion for us then Swansea can have all six points if they want them. They can hang on to those six points and look back at them when they are still in this division and we are not. Then see how special those points are to them.

In case anyone says that Dave Jones doesn't take the derby game serious enough, can I just say that believe me he takes every game very very very seriously. He couldn't take this game any more seriously than he all ready does and that also stands for every other game he's involved in. I've heard people saying that he doesn't realise how much it means to the fans. Trust me, he's way ahead of you on that one.

Quite rightly though this really is one game out of a long season and I don't think we should lose sight of that. Some people might be happy sacrificing a season as long as we beat Swansea. Personally I don't hold Swansea in as high regard as they do us. Beating Cardiff is their FA Cup. Personally I think we've already got our name on the real cup and I'd much rather see the Cardiff back room planning promotion rather than just beating one team.

The reason why Swansea have never won anything is because the rest of the football world couldn't care less about them beating Cardiff, there are no cups or promotions awarded for that.

Re: In DJ's Defence

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Berwyn wrote:Before everyone starts jumping off windows ledges and throwing blame around can we just take a step back and have a more calmer look at things?

As I've always said we could be top of the Premier league and Swansea could be bottom of the 4th division and I'd still not be confident about beating them. They are very much a boogie team for us so just live with it. It's where we are at the end of the day that matters. I think it's far too easy to lose sight of the long term when derby games come around. If it means promotion for us then Swansea can have all six points if they want them. They can hang on to those six points and look back at them when they are still in this division and we are not. Then see how special those points are to them.

In case anyone says that Dave Jones doesn't take the derby game serious enough, can I just say that believe me he takes every game very very very seriously. He couldn't take this game any more seriously than he all ready does and that also stands for every other game he's involved in. I've heard people saying that he doesn't realise how much it means to the fans. Trust me, he's way ahead of you on that one.

Quite rightly though this really is one game out of a long season and I don't think we should lose sight of that. Some people might be happy sacrificing a season as long as we beat Swansea. Personally I don't hold Swansea in as high regard as they do us. Beating Cardiff is their FA Cup. Personally I think we've already got our name on the real cup and I'd much rather see the Cardiff back room planning promotion rather than just beating one team.

The reason why Swansea have never won anything is because the rest of the football world couldn't care less about them beating Cardiff, there are no cups or promotions awarded for that.

berwyn if u was DJ today would you have said "Get in there faces close the ball down stop them from playing" because i didnt see it whole game why it was a one sided game due to that reason,so your point on dj taking the game seriously is void as even the blind could see what was going on lets get real.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 pm

DJ comes out in interviews and say's "its just another league game"

he's right but ffs it means more to fans :twisted:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Berwyn wrote:Before everyone starts jumping off windows ledges and throwing blame around can we just take a step back and have a more calmer look at things?

d.j got it wrong,end of :(

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Well said - the best team (performance ) won today. We could have sneaked a draw at the end if Bellamy's header had gone in, but the Swans played well throught the team - while we had a few off colour.

I think Burke could have had a longer spell to attack Tate - Tate was allowed to look brilliant today - he hardly put a foot wrong, but for most of the game he was marking grass.

The response at Reading is important - as long as we come back with a point we will be ok.

There is a long way to go yet this season - for all teams.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:17 pm

NO!!!

DJ believed that we could expose them best by drawing their defence out and
exposing its worked for weeks and weeks. Swansea are a better team than we
all give them credit for. They were confident and composed at the back and
did not rush their passes. Swansea just played very well. The PROBLEM was that
our players were not up to the challenge today. we all said how Bellamy would
raise everyones game. It didnt happen, and he wasnt at his best.

Sickening to say... Tate was brilliant.

Today was more about Rodgers getting it right than DJ doing anything wrong

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:24 pm

taffyapple wrote:NO!!!

DJ believed that we could expose them best by drawing their defence out and
exposing its worked for weeks and weeks. Swansea are a better team than we
all give them credit for. They were confident and composed at the back and
did not rush their passes. Swansea just played very well. The PROBLEM was that
our players were not up to the challenge today. we all said how Bellamy would
raise everyones game. It didnt happen, and he wasnt at his best.

Sickening to say... Tate was brilliant.

Today was more about Rodgers getting it right than DJ doing anything wrong

Theres my point you said no so we watched them pass around for fun from the 1st min to the 94min so 99times out of 100 they will win as we never had the ball trying to draw out there defence to lob it on to there center halfs heads every time wasnt working from the 1st min either didnt win one header untill keown went off and chopra won one header rogers got it rite i agree but for DJ to sit there and watch that shower of shit it just dont make sence.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:27 pm

I'm just looking long term guys. Getting hung up on this one game is bit counter productive.

As for getting in their faces. I don't know what the team talk was or what the tactics were. But what I will say is if he'd fired them up and it resulted in us getting a couple of red cards in vital areas then that could easily cause a losing run to start. If he did do that then I'd be well pissed off with him. Yes everyone we just beat the Jacks but we've got half a dozen players on 3 match bans which will no doubt cost us big time. we are not Chelsea, we've not got lots of players to pull in.

As we all know when you get in to a run of a few games without a win then it can be difficult to get back on track. He has to manage a small squad over a long season and I would not want him to throw players away by way of injuries or red cards just on one game. So in answer to the question if I were DJ? If I was him I would have tried to keep cool heads and go for promotion. F**k Swansea.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Sooner or later you will all come to realise that DJ has a level and it's only when he is asked to think above that level that he falls short.

Today has little to do with how he feels about derby matches it's more about how he approached the game tactically, did anyone seriously think that he would send a team out today so badly lacking in width. Forget about Jay not playing because he was always going to play Keogh but ask yourself why he left Burke out of the team.

His official word is that Burke has played a lot of football and wasn't looking sharp in training, IMO that's bullshit, DJ decided to change the formation of the team through fear pure fear. He sent our team out today to show Swansea more respect than they deserved and thereby blunting our attacking threat it's a simple as that.

Make no bones about it the best team by far won the game today the best team on the pitch and the best team off it, and people like the OP have every right to express their support for DJ. By the same token I can express my opinion and that is DJ is not the man to take this club "To The Next Level", he is not a Manager who wins the BIG games he is forever found wanting.

I hope VT doesn't give him a penny to spend in January and tells DJ to get the job done with what he has already and remember he has the most expensive squad in the history of this football club.

I look forward to two things watching Cardiff play in the PL and DJ being shown the door at Cardiff City, which one do you think will happen first?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:33 pm

its true its only another game in the league and its only bragging rights but those points we lost today could stop us getting promoted and that is what hurts we could have gone top again today.

If a derby is not important then why do we always play worse in the derby its not swansea are better they are just more up for it than we are.

Since DJ played the Jacks we have played them 6 times lost 3 times drawn 2 won 1 not very good is it