Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The big difference between Cardiff and Swansea....

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Despite the username I'm not a CCFC fan or Soul Crew lad...just a casual observer and respecter of decent football firms and all things terrace-culture related.

This tale sums up CCFC....in the summer of 1999 I sat in Walkabout, Wind Street, Swansea Town. Having a few beers and kicking back on a lazy Sunday. There were no league games being played - to my recollection it must've been mid summer.

A couple of older fellas walked in, grabbed a beer and sat right at the front of the pub by the doors, in full view of everyone coming in and out of the pub. One fella was wearing shorts, and in full view was a resplendent Bluebirds tattoo on his leg. Could not miss it for the world. Not a chance. In and out walked a few small groups of Swansea lads, definitely they would consider themselves casuals in their "Parada" and Hilfiger gear, and nobody said a word. The two lads were clearly playing the game, being provocative, but there were no willing players to dance with. Given the territory it was one of the cheekiest things I've seen. Seems to sum up the Cardiff attitude, in my opinion.

The Canton Mile - hilarious. Swansea Youth - hilarious. 1991 - hilarious.

Good luck tomorrow. And thanks for everything you've contributed to terrace culture from the books, tales, Soul Crew, VC's, Booze crew, B-Troop history and CCFC culture. A real club with real fans. The times are changing and mostly they have already changed, but it's been a blast.

Long live the terrace dandies !!!!

Re: The big difference between Cardiff and Swansea....

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Phoenix is a Bluebird!!