Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Land Of My Fathers

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Just watched the beginning of the egg just to see what the atmosphere and dismal crowd turnout was like. One thing i have to say though is at least every Welsh player manages to sing our National Anthem unlike our Football team which seems to put in no effort whatsoever to sing it. Really gets my back up that does.

Re: Land Of My Fathers

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Its because all the rugby players are from and live in South Wales.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Can I ask what that means? cos there all from or live in south wales? sorry dont get it.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:39 pm

How many of the welsh football team are welsh born compared to the rugby . Not many thats why they dont know the words. Most of them are born in england.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Antonio Garcia, wanted to sing that song at the last home game at Ninian Park, but , unfortunatlly, was not allowd. How he would love to sing that very song at the Cardiff City Stadium!

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:32 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Can I ask what that means? cos there all from or live in south wales? sorry dont get it.

How many of the Welsh football team were born in Wales and still live here?

Compare that to the rugby. That's only my opinion.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:32 am

Sorry everyone, thats a feeble excuse about not being born and not playing in Wales etc. Plenty of our football team born in and went to school in Wales, no excuse for not knowing our anthem. When i was in school, everyone knew the anthem and everyone was extremely proud to know and sing it. When i go to internationals it seems that not only the players cant sing it but quite a large number of fans can't either. I dont see what the problem is as to why they cant even learn it, obviously theres many not as proud af our identity as i am. When i sing it i sing 100% , hand on heart, always been the same and always will. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:39 am

Always remember Vinne Jones singing it :lol: :lol: