Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Respect to Swansea

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:56 am

After reading some of the posts from Jacks on here recently, it would seem us Cardiff fans have been mislead as to our standing in the world of terrace culture.
It would appear the only thing we are known for around the globe is being "the firm that swam away" (this is why 26000 of us will be reminded Sunday that every one of us all jumped in Swansea Bay and swam back to Cardiff rather than face 5 brave Swansea boys. We should applaud them for this :|
As we have well and truly been put in our place over this I thought its a about time we put our hands up & say we are just not as good as the Jacks - end of!
I
mean of course I diplore football violence, but sometimes in life you just have to stand back & applaud Swansea for the respect they have in the football underworld...
For instance, they have been in the top 3 of the football banning order list consistantly for over a decade due to the large amounts of "up for it lads" they have taken to every game over the years, while we are just "the firm that swam away" ?(it hurts dosnt it?)

Who can forget the number of high profile documentaries based around thier exploits, such as when they had 500+ boys indulging in running battles with the police & the top boys from such firms as the Zulus or Uniteds Red army while the cup finals where being held in Swansea's state of the art St Helens stadium due to the Wembley refurb.

Or when they created a bear pit atmosphere at the Vetch when they knocked top of the league Leeds out of the cup, causing Rio Ferdinand to later state he had no fear of playing at Galatasary or returning to Leeds in a United shirt as he had played at the Vetch.

And let us not forget the time they over come the ICF outside Upton on Barking rd (when the ICF threw fruit as they fled the marauding Jack hoards & their recent high profile tangle with the Chelsea head hunters outside the Bridge. Or indeed the time about 1000 of them went crazy at Stoke in 2000 a few months after an all out riot at the vetch when they played Millwall as around 1-2000 Jacks fought outside the away end to attack Millwall, then kicked off with them under the grandstand with them. (I belive they had around 300 boys waiting at the station at 8am on the day of the game)

I could go on but it hurts to much as we are known as "the firm that swam away"

Its about time we begged the mighty Jacks to forgive us our cowardice we showed on that fateful night allow us to travel away with Wales once more. (obviously we would have to have our photos taken with a Jack Army flag on the ferry to Belgium)
At least then we could get rid of all those embarrissing Union Jack & Ulster flags that festoon our stadium, in thinly vailed attempt to pretend we dont we dont follow Wales because we are in some way unionist, when everyone knows we are just the "firm who swam away"
I mean then we couldve been there in Moscow when hated rivals CSKA & Spartak "mobbed up" with each other to take on the Jack army. We could have seen the top boys from the 2 Russian firms go into the Jacks hotel with a list of famous Jack Army members they wanted meet. Would never happen to Cardiff as we are known around the world as the "firm that swam away"

Neither could we go to the Red Stars ground in Belgrade for a qualifier and have the Partizan lot chant "Soul Crew" to us to try and get us to "mob up" with them to attack Red Star.

I could carry on but the pain is getting to much to bare but i must stress, on the eve of this important derby, it is time to stop the petty sniping & show our Jack brothers the true respect they deserve as probably the best firm this country has produced in a 1000 years whilst being the biggest contributors to terrace cuture on the planet :|

Re: Respect to Swansea

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:06 am

Good post, not a truer word said. It makes you think and hang your head in shame with all the stuff they've got up to compared to our lowly firm who uses bully boy tactics only really haves pop if the numbers are well in our favour!

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:11 am

Top post daibedwas

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:24 am

All very admirable Dai, still doesn't detract from the fact you was 20 years too late. Those tales would have been fantastic in the 70's or 80's but of course they ain't :old:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:50 am

In fairness I think sometimes our fans are too dismissive of them, which may explain why many feel the need to exaggerate about what they are supposed to have done to us. Their crowds and lack of success in the late 80's and 90's was similar to ours. Its only prior to their Toshack years and since Sam got involved that we've had a large edge in crowd sizes which is generally the measure when comparing 'how big a club is'.

I have a mate who's a Swansea fan and he goes on about his hoolie stuff all the time. They DO have some nasty lads follow them, and quite a number of glue-sniffing Cardiff hating kids. These days they have the capability to take some big away followings at times as well.
Even he though admits that overall Cardiff have the edge purley on numbers.

I'm sure over the years many Cardiff have been caught out there, they had a habit (probably still do) of picking on small groups in the car park after the game and the suicidal nature of some of our fans and the fact that we were never organised and sometimes ended up fighting amongst ourselves wheras they are predominatly from Swansea and seem to all know each other) meant they had plenty of opportunity to pick smaller Cardiff mobs off. We HAVE been caught out at home as well when they came and smashed up the Owain on a Tuesday afternoon (with only a few regulars having a drink it wasn't a particular result, but happened all the same).

I'm no expert on all this and a lot of it is old memories, and really shouldnt care because all that really matters is what happens ON the pitch but some of the stuff quoted on here by our Jack friends (some of whom have warped from being decent blokes just proud of their club to rabied bullshit machines) is pure fantasy and is irritating when quoted as 'fact'.

Hopefully in 2 weeks or so 'Colours' and 'Bloo' can revert to just talking shit about how great Alan Tate and Garry Monk are. :ayatollah: :lol:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:58 am

JackArmyWalesNumber1 wrote:All very admirable Dai, still doesn't detract from the fact you was 20 years too late. Those tales would have been fantastic in the 70's or 80's but of course they ain't :old:

Oh please why so modest, you sell yorself short.

As stated in the post, I deplore football violence.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:02 am

Lawnmower wrote:In fairness I think sometimes our fans are too dismissive of them, which may explain why many feel the need to exaggerate about what they are supposed to have done to us. Their crowds and lack of success in the late 80's and 90's was similar to ours. Its only prior to their Toshack years and since Sam got involved that we've had a large edge in crowd sizes which is generally the measure when comparing 'how big a club is'.

I have a mate who's a Swansea fan and he goes on about his hoolie stuff all the time. They DO have some nasty lads follow them, and quite a number of glue-sniffing Cardiff hating kids. These days they have the capability to take some big away followings at times as well.

I'm sure over the years many Cardiff have been caught out there, they had a habit (probably still do) of picking on small groups in the car park after the game and the suicidal nature of some of our fans and the fact that we were never organised and sometimes ended up fighting amongst ourselves wheras they are predominatly from Swansea and seem to all know each other) meant they had plenty of opportunity to pick smaller Cardiff mobs off. We HAVE been caught out at home as well when they came and smashed up the Owain on a Tuesday afternoon (with only a few regulars having a drink it wasn't a particular result, but happened all the same).

I'm no expert on all this and a lot of it is old memories, and really shouldnt care because all that really matters is what happens ON the pitch but some of the stuff quoted on here by our Jack friends (some of whom have warped from being decent blokes just proud of their club to rabied bullshit machines) is pure fantasy and is irritating when quoted as 'fact'.

Hopefully in 2 weeks or so 'Colours' and 'Bloo' can revert to just talking shit about how great Alan Tate and Garry Monk are. :ayatollah: :lol:

Agreed of course by the way :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:12 am

MY MATES 14 YR OLD BROTHER GOT ATTACKED BY 3 JACKS MUCH OLDER THAN HIM CAUSE HE HAD A CITY SHIRT ON.THATS HOW HARD THE SCUM ARE , BUNCH OF SMACK HEAD FAGGOTS IF YOU ASK ME. :violent3:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:49 am

Yeah they are awesmoe, fair play

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:27 am

Lawnmower wrote:In fairness I think sometimes our fans are too dismissive of them, which may explain why many feel the need to exaggerate about what they are supposed to have done to us. Their crowds and lack of success in the late 80's and 90's was similar to ours. Its only prior to their Toshack years and since Sam got involved that we've had a large edge in crowd sizes which is generally the measure when comparing 'how big a club is'.

The classic Swansea cop-out though innit "your only better cos you got bigger numbers"

But its been handfuls of Cardiff taking it to them on the North Bank, outside the
North Bank, around the vetch. Something they would never dare do here. Numbers matter
of course. But even without numbers we've shown no fear of them. They hate that.

Get me their top ten lads and I'll find just FIVE Cardiff who will go and have it with them.

But the facts are, Toozey and his musclemen would never turn up for a rumble with
our top drawer

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:07 pm

look what happened to them when they stopped off in canton on the way home from an away game, they had the numbers but toosie and co were soon on the run from a smaller cardiff firm, there a joke

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:55 pm

They had the numbers in the toshak era division 1. and still couldn't do anything :old: Every team got their hard boys,body builders doesn't mean they can fight and most of the scum seem to suffer with selected amnesia. but Cardiff seem to have plenty of lads with big hearts and plenty of bottle and good swimmer's LOL. Most of the scum on here have only been in fights on who's using the needle or glubag first or who's having first shag off Mam & Dad. :oops:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:03 pm

What an utter boring tw*t of a post, :o I bet your misses loves having you around the house.
f**k me some of you really are priceless tossers. :roll:

Such a cock mush. :lol:

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:32 pm

colours wrote:What an utter boring tw*t of a post, :o I bet your misses loves having you around the house.

a quick question for you colours why is it that ccfc get a mention in most clubs hooligan books and a lot of lads rate us highly, while the jacks dont even get mentioned and are looked down on with the likes of oxford and luton

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:58 pm

colours wrote:What an utter boring tw*t of a post, :o I bet your misses loves having you around the house.

Another questiob for you Bloo as you have been joining in on this subject this week. Do you do the Swim Away when Cardiff are about?

Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:05 pm

We are not worthy. :o :o :o

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Another questiob for you Bloo as you have been joining in on this subject this week. Do you do the Swim Away when Cardiff are about?

i do and i fuuukin luvs it i was thereand witnessed it first hand it was like quadrophenia coming down the seafront that night some of the pvm were closer to home that night when they were swimming .

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:08 pm

f**k off jack and shout your mouth off behind a police line you creep

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:17 pm

:3some: brothers and sisters

everyone knows we are just the "firm who swam away" :ayatollah: till we meet again ! :violent1: