Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TOTAL SELL OUT "

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:34 pm

I have just taken a call from the club and have been told that the game against Swansea is sold out including the Premier seats which were 50 quid each.

As I said on Tuesday the club believe they could have sold 40,000 tickets for the game.

Lets have the stadium rocking on Sunday.

Re: TOTAL SELL OUT

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:38 pm

That's brilliant. What's the record attendance for a Cardiff v swansea game? I wonder how many seats will act as a buffer zone

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:That's brilliant. What's the record attendance for a Cardiff v swansea game? I wonder how many seats will act as a buffer zone

Todays Echo gives reports on previous derbies at Cardiff and our 1-0 win in 1949 had "over 57,000" there - guessing it would be that one.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Quality news Carl, thanks

Had a drink last Friday with some of the caewern lot at the Burgess Green, Port Talbot. Some fantastic City memorabilia inside. It was surreal to see Betty Jackal pop in to say hello :-)

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:49 pm

bet CCFC are happy to see the Prem seating go without being offered as Ambo upgrades , Carl u got any feedback ahead of the QPR away meeting nxt wk ? :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:51 pm

happy days its going to be rocking
we all complain about the atmosphere but it will be bouncing on sunday. especially after we equalize then score again :D

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:36 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have just taken a call from the club and have been told that the game against Swansea is sold out including the Premier seats which were 50 quid each.

As I said on Tuesday the club believe they could have sold 40,000 tickets for the game.

well it cant get any bigger than this carl,if the doesnt shake sunday,then it never will :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:59 pm

CityGent wrote:Quality news Carl, thanks

Had a drink last Friday with some of the caewern lot at the Burgess Green, Port Talbot. Some fantastic City memorabilia inside. It was surreal to see Betty Jackal pop in to say hello :-)

betty jackal,what a f*cking loony :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have just taken a call from the club and have been told that the game against Swansea is sold out including the Premier seats which were 50 quid each.

Great news, this was posted on the 'other board' by a premier Club member yesterday, who is usually spot on, but I thought it may have been just them taking the tickets off sale. Now you've confirmed it, I'm delighted. I never thought I'd see the day !

1200 extra tickets at £50 a head is a fair few extra bucks for the club too 9or as a reduction of the PMG debt -as well as most importantly showing our new owners that the demand is out there and we CAN become a big club.

gate must be touching just under 26000 even after segregation now.

Hopefully they will repeat this offer for any other big games we have from now on, especially if we keep our form up and stay near the top. The Boxing day game with Cov will be a perfect one to sell out.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Great news, this was posted on the 'other board' by a premier Club member yesterday, who is usually spot on, but I thought it may have been just them taking the tickets off sale. Now you've confirmed it, I'm delighted. I never thought I'd see the day !

1200 extra tickets at £50 a head is a fair few extra bucks for the club too 9or as a reduction of the PMG debt -as well as most importantly showing our new owners that the demand is out there and we CAN become a big club.

gate must be touching just under 26000 even after segregation now.

Hopefully they will repeat this offer for any other big games we have from now on, especially if we keep our form up and stay near the top. The Boxing day game with Cov will be a perfect one to sell out.

Agreed - I'm glad common sense prevailed here. The Prem seat sales will be key to larger average attendances, particularly when the away side bring a handful of fans.

Onwards and upwards!!

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:51 pm

CityGent wrote:Quality news Carl, thanks

i'm the licencee of the bell in taibach and betty had the cheek to tell me that i shouldn't be wearing my cardiff top in his pub. :evil:
it's a cardiff pub for f**k's sake. :lol:
he is one dull c**t.
:ayatollah:

Re: Sticky : " TOTAL SELL OUT "

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:26 am

Yep even the disabled sections are sold out...and I mean the front rows not the usual areas...total sell out...26,000 crowd

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:22 am

even had permission from council to sell the empty disablled seats

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:45 pm

ccs will be rocking for this one

Re: " TOTAL SELL OUT "

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Cant Wait :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: