Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"SLEEPING GIANT IS WAKING"

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Been watching the city now since my old man starting taking me in the early 80's when alan durban was boss ,i was hooked instantly even tho we were shit at the time,its fair to say we have had little tastes of success over the years...late 80's...early 90's...late 90's and then early 2000, but during those periods we never ever built on it , over the years weve had glimpses of a good football and also witnessed some shocking and painful to watch football but we still went back for more in the hope that one day we would be mixing it up at the top with the big boys ,nowadays and for the first time in my 26 solid years of watching the city home and away i dont no about you but when i sit in the family stand with my boy or the away end with the boys i sit or stand there watching my team now with a nice smug smile and lots of belief in one hell of a strong fuckkin team!!!

ITS NOW OR NEVER !!!! ITS TIME THAT SLEEPING GIANT GOT OFF HIS FAT ARSE AND TOOK US TO THE PROMISED LAND!!!

BLUEBIRDS!! :ayatollah:

Re: "SLEEPING GIANT IS WAKING"

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Yes it is.

My City life almost exactly mirrors yours but started a couple of years later. I have always loved it and look back fondly on those years. The Rick Wright era still remains the best for me as it was the first time we were really strong, albeit at a lower level. Wrexham away in the league winning season was simply awesome!

It's strange to say that given the Leeds cup game, Wembley trips and recent signings but I loved that time!

But getting to the Prem may just top it. My only worry is that I'm going to enjoy getting there more than I'm going to enjoy being there! I just hope we can do ourselves proud.

UP THE CITY! :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:34 am

good post gentlemen :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:22 am

Yes Great post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: