Cardiff City Forum



A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing:

Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:16 pm

Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing for Singapore have taken a significant step forward after the 30-year-old has been granted Singapore citizenship

If Fifa approves Ng's availability for Singapore, his first chance of a debut could come at the 2027 Asian Cup in Saudi Arabia with the Lions facing Australia in the opening game on Saturday, 9 January
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing:

Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:26 pm

Does that affect us ..as he now becomes an overseas player ? How does it work ?

Re: Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing:

Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:55 pm

So the 9th Jan could see Ng v Robertson .

Re: Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing:

Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:40 am

Valleyblue56 wrote:Does that affect us ..as he now becomes an overseas player ? How does it work ?


I'd imagine it's dual citizenship and won't effect anything

Re: Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing:

Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:57 am

Another player short in January

Re: Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing:

Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:56 am

Starvinmarvin wrote:
Valleyblue56 wrote:Does that affect us ..as he now becomes an overseas player ? How does it work ?


I'd imagine it's dual citizenship and won't effect anything


I havent researched this but I was under the impression that Singapore doesnt allow dual citizenship

Re: Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing:

Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:28 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
Starvinmarvin wrote:
Valleyblue56 wrote:Does that affect us ..as he now becomes an overseas player ? How does it work ?


I'd imagine it's dual citizenship and won't effect anything


I havent researched this but I was under the impression that Singapore doesnt allow dual citizenship


You are correct

Re: Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing:

Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:02 pm

Starvinmarvin wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
Starvinmarvin wrote:
Valleyblue56 wrote:Does that affect us ..as he now becomes an overseas player ? How does it work ?


I'd imagine it's dual citizenship and won't effect anything


I havent researched this but I was under the impression that Singapore doesnt allow dual citizenship


You are correct


Doesn’t affect his registration status as he is homegrown at an English club (Crewe).

Could be born anywhere in the world but if you’re at an English club from 15-21 (I think) you technically count as an English player for registration purposes.

Re: Cardiff City defender Perry Ng's hopes of playing:

Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:51 pm

Pleased for Perry Ng, obvious how much this means to him having watched his interviews in recent years.

We will miss him when he goes to the Asian Cup in January but on a personal level I'm pleased for him.