A forum for all things Cardiff City
Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:56 am
Craig Bellamy says he is "hurting" after admitting Denmark were worthy winners against his Wales side in Copenhagen.
BBC
A Ben Davies own goal along with Gustav Isaksen's strike earned Brian Riemer's men a 2-0 victory over Wales at Parken Stadium.
It leaves Bellamy's team winless in six matches in 2026 and without a point from their away Nations League A double-header with Portugal and the Danes.
Despite the loss, Bellamy remains confident his side will improve by playing against Europe's elite on a consistent basis.
"I'm really hurting. When you see an athletic team run over you a little bit... but then, will we improve? I think we will," said the Wales head coach.
"This team will get better, these players will keep improving. There are young ones coming in well after I'm gone.
"For me now it's just focus, two more games to go. How can I help you improve for the next two games but also how can I improve?
"I'm probably more loving when I'm losing, I'm probably more of a pain in the backside when I'm winning."
Wales must be ready 'when the heat comes'
Denmark dominated early on and Mikkel Damsgaard fired against the post shortly after Isaksen had a goal disallowed for offside.
Despite an improvement from Wales after the opening half an hour, they were ultimately undone from two set-pieces.
"I said to the players before the game, 'this is going to be tougher than Portugal'," Bellamy added.
"It was a different challenge but a very difficult one. The best team won overall.
"As disappointed as I am with that, the result I probably think was fair."
Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:44 am
Wales will be "hurting" until Bellamy is gone
Should have sacked him after he went for the Burnley job, he looks gutted having to remain at Wales and the players don't seem to be on board either
Time for a change
Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:16 am
froggy1927 wrote:Wales will be "hurting" until Bellamy is gone
Should have sacked him after he went for the Burnley job, he looks gutted having to remain at Wales and the players don't seem to be on board either
Time for a change
For who though? The majority want him gone, but I don't see anyone suggesting a replacement?
Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:47 am
Pick the strongest team available then
Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:37 am
SB 1927 wrote:froggy1927 wrote:Wales will be "hurting" until Bellamy is gone
Should have sacked him after he went for the Burnley job, he looks gutted having to remain at Wales and the players don't seem to be on board either
Time for a change
For who though? The majority want him gone, but I don't see anyone suggesting a replacement?
Well if wales want to be ambitious I'd say Roberto martinez(even though he was a jb)
Or Thomas frank
But a more realistic one would be gary rowet he done great at Millwall
Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:03 am
SB 1927 wrote:froggy1927 wrote:Wales will be "hurting" until Bellamy is gone
Should have sacked him after he went for the Burnley job, he looks gutted having to remain at Wales and the players don't seem to be on board either
Time for a change
For who though? The majority want him gone, but I don't see anyone suggesting a replacement?
The answer is nobody because it won't happen most sensible people will look at the nations league and see we are out of our depth at the moment. I'd imagine he'll be judged internally on Euro qualification.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.