Cardiff City Forum



A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan reveals investment warning :

Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:32 pm

Vincent Tan reveals investment warning

27th September 2026



Tan revealed in 2014 that friends warned him against investing into the football club, and that looking back he maybe wouldn’t have had he known it would be so challenging.

However, he believed that it was still possible to make the Bluebirds profitable, with the team back competing in the Championship at that stage after just one season in the top flight in 2013/14.

“If I had known that it was so difficult and the problems that we faced, maybe I wouldn’t have invested,” said Tan.


“But having said that, I think it is a challenge and I believe that eventually this will end well. I believe that I can make this investment profitable.”



“Of course, my friends think I’m crazy, that it is impossible to make it profitable, but I believe that it is possible, so time will tell.”

“I will leave with a profit and Cardiff in a healthy position.”


Tan has invested £170 million into the Welsh outfit, and was adamant the Bluebirds would always be red, committing a U-turn on their decision to change the kit colours to red after the fans demonstrated against his rebrand of the club.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vincent Tan reveals investment warning :

Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:01 pm

It's crazy that he thinks he can make a profit out of the club.

That's practically impossible, even when he bought the club he must have known that.

Re: Vincent Tan reveals investment warning :

Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It's crazy that he thinks he can make a profit out of the club.

That's practically impossible, even when he bought the club he must have known that.



Ned,

When you buy it to a Championship Club, most good businessmen know they will only lose money in the clubs

Re: Vincent Tan reveals investment warning :

Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:It's crazy that he thinks he can make a profit out of the club.

That's practically impossible, even when he bought the club he must have known that.



Ned,

When you buy it to a Championship Club, most good businessmen know they will only lose money in the clubs


Unless you are Tony Bloom as 1 good example of how to run/be part of not 1 but 2 Clubs .

Re: Vincent Tan reveals investment warning :

Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:11 pm

You can havee a small fortune buying a football club...... if you start with a big fortune

Re: Vincent Tan reveals investment warning :

Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:35 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:It's crazy that he thinks he can make a profit out of the club.

That's practically impossible, even when he bought the club he must have known that.



Ned,

When you buy it to a Championship Club, most good businessmen know they will only lose money in the clubs


Unless you are Tony Bloom as 1 good example of how to run/be part of not 1 but 2 Clubs .


Bloom hasn't made a penny from buying football clubs his shares may be worth more now but that does actually involve someone wanting to buy the club. Not saying he hasn't done a great job mind you but I'll bet when he's finished and sells up he won't have made a penny

Re: Vincent Tan reveals investment warning :

Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:59 pm

You don't make money in football; you do it for the fringe benefits of fame, PR, and connections. Hopefully your assets increase over time to cover the losses.

I doubt he has actually lost much on the city. He is surrounded by an army of accountants and is very close to the government so i guess any losses were tax offsets against his profits from other divisions

Re: Vincent Tan reveals investment warning :

Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:27 pm

One day we will be debt free somebody said many moons ago :lol:

Re: Vincent Tan reveals investment warning :

Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:28 am

The man is seriously deluded.