Cardiff City Forum



A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you fight for this country?

You may select 1 option

 
 
View results

Vote: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 7:34 am

We’re being told, by our vile political class, that a war with Russia is imminent. Would you join up and fight for this country?

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 7:50 am

No, not for this government

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:12 am

Britain has lost it’s identity

Nothing to be Proud of now

I grew up loving our country and Proud and would have years ago.

NOW NO:

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:16 am

Russia doesn’t even want war with Europe. It’s Europe that wants war with Russia. It’s all a fear mongering con.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:18 am

Too much hypotheticals.

Something that could happen but might not. A bit like asking what would I do if I got a life ending illness, don't know what the reaction would be until it actually happens.

But people who claim to be patriotic saying they wouldn't if it was while there's a government they don't like shows just how patriotic they really are :lol: :lol:

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:28 am

MorgCCFC wrote:Russia doesn’t even want war with Europe. It’s Europe that wants war with Russia. It’s all a fear mongering con.


Ridiculous statement....Russia has and always has been a creator of wars...

We have been hybrid attacked for years. We must continue to support Ukraine but much more as Putin will not stop

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:31 am

Yes I would without doubt fight for my country just like my grandad did that gave me my life.

My family would need protection and always come first. I do see a change in modern society with excuses of not fighting showing the change in attitude towards life in Britain now.

I don't like a lot of what's happening and it's not about fighting for a government at all for me. But I am British and Welsh and proud and if Russia attacks us and my family I will immediately sign up to defend us. If I or people don't then you accept we will be defeated.

If my grandad and others didn't we would all be Nazi's. Fact

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:37 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Too much hypotheticals.

Something that could happen but might not. A bit like asking what would I do if I got a life ending illness, don't know what the reaction would be until it actually happens.

But people who claim to be patriotic saying they wouldn't if it was while there's a government they don't like shows just how patriotic they really are :lol: :lol:

So if an extreme right party of ethno nationalists gained power, in this country. You’d fight to defend that?

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:37 am

Good Question and one which many have asked themselves down the years.

Firstly I would like to say that I STILL believe we (GB and Ni) are the best country to live in the world bar none, even though successive politicians (Governments) have made scandalously bad decisions over the decades. and are still making horrendous decisions now - as you say Jock, Vile political class.

No doubt the type of wars that we are facing have changed rapidly with technological revolution - drone warfare, AI, cyber attacks, Terrorism, etc, etc, although we still need a strong Army , Navy , Air-force and Intelligence service that have been depleted scandalously since my Navy career came to an end and BIG lessons were learned after the Falklands war and first Gulf war.

For me the answer would be a big YES.

But I can see why many would say NO and many of my friends, colleagues and other veterans are always asking "was it worth it" when they see what is happening in our Great country (GB and Ni) - divisiveness and apathy.

Although it is a very scary world now with this technological age, and Globalisation we all have to adapt to it otherwise, as the great man Charles Darwin wrote " Its not the strongest, Biggest or most intelligent species that will survive, it its those who can most adapt to change"

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:Britain has lost it’s identity

Nothing to be Proud of now

I grew up loving our country and Proud and would have years ago.

NOW NO:

Sadly that’s where I am too.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:45 am

powysblue wrote:Good Question and one which many have asked themselves down the years.

Firstly I would like to say that I STILL believe we (GB and Ni) are the best country to live in the world bar none, even though successive politicians (Governments) have made scandalously bad decisions over the decades. and are still making horrendous decisions now - as you say Jock, Vile political class.

No doubt the type of wars that we are facing have changed rapidly with technological revolution - drone warfare, AI, cyber attacks, Terrorism, etc, etc, although we still need a strong Army , Navy , Air-force and Intelligence service that have been depleted scandalously since my Navy career came to an end and BIG lessons were learned after the Falklands war and first Gulf war.

For me the answer would be a big YES.

But I can see why many would say NO and many of my friends, colleagues and other veterans are always asking "was it worth it" when they see what is happening in our Great country (GB and Ni) - divisiveness and apathy.

Although it is a very scary world now with this technological age, and Globalisation we all have to adapt to it otherwise, as the great man Charles Darwin wrote " Its not the strongest, Biggest or most intelligent species that will survive, it its those who can most adapt to change"

I get what you’re saying and totally respect your stance on this, however after the way our veterans have been treated by Blair and successive governments, pursuing servicemen through the courts, while giving terrorists a get out of jail free card, I struggle to see what we’d be fighting for.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:51 am

I would have been proud to fight for this country but not with this horrible, corrupt government,i will put back laugh at them.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:53 am

Russia could not fight NATO, they need men from Belarus and n Korea to subdue Ukraine. Their country is bankrupt and will see a civil war within 5 years. That's why Putin is trying to deflect attention away from the mess they are in.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:00 am

Yes, without a doubt, I’m proud of my heritage. but do I think it would be worthwhile for the country as a whole? No.

Think the current situation is to far gone, with the cost of living, illegal immigration, and our own people spungeing off the system.

Who ever is getting hands out from the state fit enough to work should be made to do community service IMO, I think a lot of them would look to get full time employment after a couple of weeks of picking up dog sh*t and sweeping the roads. (Not looking down on people who actually do these jobs btw).

It’s a hard old time out there for working class families, there should be absolutely no way that people on benefits (fit enough to work) should be better off than the working man.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:13 am

Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Britain has lost it’s identity

Nothing to be Proud of now

I grew up loving our country and Proud and would have years ago.

NOW NO:

Sadly that’s where I am too.



It’s because it’s not our Country anymore.

My Father fought for Britain for 5 years ( RAF) in World War 2

And what for?

It hurts how bad our country has become.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:44 am

Very true annis,
It is not the britain we once knew.
I wonder what our parent's would think of britain in this day and age.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:56 am

boyo1927 wrote:
MorgCCFC wrote:Russia doesn’t even want war with Europe. It’s Europe that wants war with Russia. It’s all a fear mongering con.


Ridiculous statement....Russia has and always has been a creator of wars...

We have been hybrid attacked for years. We must continue to support Ukraine but much more as Putin will not stop


Brainwashed

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:01 am

So let me get this straight. This government wants us, the British public to fight for our country, the country that they have destroyed.

They want the people that have already stood up for Britain and its civilians, who the government has attacked and called racist, bigots and far right, to now fight for them, the government that has prioritized migrants over its own people, the government that has a two-tier judicial system that favours foreigners over British nationals.

I won’t be offering myself or my kids up for cannon fodder for any conflict when this useless government treats us as second class citizens while they prioritise illegal immigrants many of whom are murderers and rapists.

They can fight their own manmade war and put their own children and grandchildren on the frontline cos my family and I will not fight for a government that has failed in every respect to protect this country and every man, woman and child in it.

Oh, and now they want us to fight under a flag that this government tore down from lampposts calling it racist. You couldn’t make this shit up……

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:22 am

No as this country and it's jellyfish back government doesn't even even know the difference between illegal and legal in today's fucked up way of thinking. They want to destroy it then say bail us out. Get fucked from me.. A bunch of weak self serving, out of touch pc parasites.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:59 am

MikeO76 wrote:So let me get this straight. This government wants us, the British public to fight for our country, the country that they have destroyed.

They want the people that have already stood up for Britain and its civilians, who the government has attacked and called racist, bigots and far right, to now fight for them, the government that has prioritized migrants over its own people, the government that has a two-tier judicial system that favours foreigners over British nationals.

I won’t be offering myself or my kids up for cannon fodder for any conflict when this useless government treats us as second class citizens while they prioritise illegal immigrants many of whom are murderers and rapists.

They can fight their own manmade war and put their own children and grandchildren on the frontline cos my family and I will not fight for a government that has failed in every respect to protect this country and every man, woman and child in it.

Oh, and now they want us to fight under a flag that this government tore down from lampposts calling it racist. You couldn’t make this shit up……


Spot on Mike076, This is why I was trying to be diplomatic without upsetting some by saying in my above post:

"Firstly I would like to say that I STILL believe we (GB and Ni) are the best country to live in the world bar none, even though successive politicians (Governments) have made scandalously bad decisions over the decades. and are still making horrendous decisions now - as you say Jock, Vile political class."

But, how can we solve it? liberal leftism runs through the whole of society infecting our children. Schools, colleges, Universities, Courts, Immigration, But Also Very hard Right stance is no good either - The ballot box to a true centre right party who are not afraid to take all the decisions we all know we need. (the conservatives became the liberal party).

But, to quote Winston Churchill, " He who appeases the aggressor, is the one who feeds the crocodile, hoping to be the last one to be devoured"

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:57 am

As a straight White British man, i won't be fighting my Russian brothers. How about you ask the dinghy "Brits" to fight? We're constantly told they're as British as us

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:04 pm

Absolutely, I would. Not for my government but for my country, people, and family.

Re: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Britain has lost it’s identity

Nothing to be Proud of now

I grew up loving our country and Proud and would have years ago.

NOW NO:

Sadly that’s where I am too.
:


It’s because it’s not our Country anymore.

My Father fought for Britain for 5 years ( RAF) in World War 2

And what for?

It hurts how bad our country has become.

So he did slightly more than me, four and a half months in 1975, only action I seen was a fight in the Naffi.

Re: Vote: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 5:06 pm

No, I 'm former RN in late 70's and early 80's, in contact with a few lads from one of my ships during that time, and we had a discussion recently about this and all said No, this government can Foxtrot Oscar - only stipulation to fight 'Again' would be if every polaticians son / daughter was alongside us. :old:

Re: Vote: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 5:08 pm

But you're not fighting for the government so that shouldn't make any difference at all.

Re: Vote: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 5:55 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:But you're not fighting for the government so that shouldn't make any difference at all.


This government is currently prosecuting Vets for NI incidents, so yes is the bloody government. And by the way, we have done our time but they are saying we would be the first recalled - FO. If you were ex RN and on some of the FB groups you would see the loathing that is felt towards this lot in power.

Re: Vote: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:01 pm

Only if we use the illegal immagrants as sand bags.

Re: Vote: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:09 pm

Im 65 and though I am ex army, I think I'm too old now lol

Re: Vote: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:14 pm

Jumanji Jim wrote:Im 65 and though I am ex army, I think I'm too old now lol


Sorry Jim, the cut off is 65, so you would be eligible, crazy isn't it. I'm 68 but wouldn't be surprised to get that email - Vet cards?

Re: Vote: Would You Fight For This Country

Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:29 pm

No chance am I being used as a pawn in someone else's game of chess. That doesn't make me any less patriotic. War breeds corruption.

We've been brainwashed to believe Russia is so terrible and corrupt but conveniently gloss over the Iraq war, COVID contracts, social media jail sentences, rape gangs etc.

Our government is killing our country from the inside out and doesn't have our best interests at heart so I refuse to risk my life fighting for them.