A forum for all things Cardiff City
Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:30 am
These prices at Cardiff City’s famous old Ninian Park back in 2009
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 7:38 am
Interesting that some of those drinks prices are comparable at CCS today, except coffee. But food prices have clearly shot up.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:06 am
Clarks pies !!
If you could only turn back time.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:11 am
The best days. Absolutely loved Ninian Park. The smell of stale larger, cheap burgers and piss haha.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:08 am
Ha ha, it did smell of smoke and piss,
I still miss it though
Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:44 am
Loved a "beef drink" on a freezing winter's afternoon.
Even better before the curtain when you could launch the dregs at the away fans.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:46 am
How much is a hot dog in the ground nowadays?
About £8?
Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:28 pm
Beef drink sounds decent on a winter's day, never tried it
Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:27 pm
Cardiff_CPT wrote:Beef drink sounds decent on a winter's day, never tried it
You haven't lived until you've tried it at a January evening kick off. Basically it was just a cheaper Bovril if I'm remembering correctly in my old age.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:36 pm
Welshman in CA wrote:Cardiff_CPT wrote:Beef drink sounds decent on a winter's day, never tried it
You haven't lived until you've tried it at a January evening kick off. Basically it was just a cheaper Bovril if I'm remembering correctly in my old age.
I just googled ingredients in Bovril, it's good stuff, beef stock etc. Need the club to bring it back along with Clarks pies
Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:41 pm
You've never felt real pain until a hot bovril touches your skin on a cold night, reading away late 90,s fa cup night game at elm park some guy chucked one through the fence and hit my hand , you could see the steam coming off it from back in cardiff
Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:17 pm
As there is no football today I am bored so looked up the inflation figures. The inflation rate in the 17 years since then is 75 per cent. Thus if prices had risen in line with inflation the following items should now be
Burger - £4.90
Pie - £3.50
Coffee £2.60
Tea £2.60
Chips £2.60
I rarely buy anything in the ground but pretty sure most of those items are more than the above. I occasionally buy a pie and I think its around £4.50, an increase of 125% not 75%
Nothing there for the price of a pint in 2009, but if it had gone up in line with inflation it should have been in the region of £3.50 in 2009. Pretty sure it was much lower then but beer seems to shot up everywhere
Sat Sep 26, 2026 7:41 pm
Cardiff_CPT wrote:Welshman in CA wrote:Cardiff_CPT wrote:Beef drink sounds decent on a winter's day, never tried it
You haven't lived until you've tried it at a January evening kick off. Basically it was just a cheaper Bovril if I'm remembering correctly in my old age.
I just googled ingredients in Bovril, it's good stuff, beef stock etc. Need the club to bring it back along with Clarks pies
Got it in level 4 but don't have chocolate! Funny how no consistency in what is sold
Tea around 2.50
Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:31 pm
Peter's pasties and a bovril
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:00 am
I enjoy seeing these old pics,nice to feel some nostalgia.
Thank you for posting them.
Sun Sep 27, 2026 12:55 pm
Remember them piss against the wall ( toilets ) next to kiosk
Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:52 pm
The food options and the overall quality is something very underwhelming at the city. I do miss the simple options and affordable prices. I’m just wondering how much revenue we’re leaving on the table due to over inflated prices and poor quality. I’ve lost count how many fans i’ve taken food into the stadium.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.