A forum for all things Cardiff City
Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:53 am
These are the 10 costliest Bluebird signings, according to TalransfrrMarkt, but were they hit or miss?
1: Gary Medel (£11.2m)
2: Josh Murphy (9.8m)
3: Bobby Cordova-Reid (£9.8m)
4: Steven Caulker (£7.9m)
5: Andreas Cornelius (7.5m)
6: Gary Madine (£5.9m)
7: Bruno Ecuele Manga (£5.4m)
8: Robert Glatzel (£5.1m)
9: Michael Chopra (£4.0m)
10: Aden Flint (3.8m)
What do you think and who is your no.1 choice from that group?
Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:59 am
Easy for me…
Top: Michael Chopra
Good: Gary Mendel, Bruno Ecuele Manga, and Steven Caulker
Average: Bobby Decova-Reid, Aden Flint
Poor: Josh Murphy, Andreas Cornelius, Robert Glatzel, Gary Madine
Most of those make BBM’s Babes look like world beaters!
Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:35 am
Chris we bought the wrong Murphy brother there

I agree on Chopra
Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:41 am
Chopra definitely top.
Some poor signings there.
Medel was great at first but seemed to lose interest towards the end and it was obvious he was leaving. Did go on to have a good career.
Manga was a good player and I guess Flint did alright.
Decordova-Reid was a strange signing because he didn't fit our style of play at the time.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:44 am
Chopra for the impact he made but I thought Bruno manga at the back became such an important player alongside bamba.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:53 am
The only two for me who justified the fee paid for them are Chops and Manga.
I remember wanting us to buy Christopher Samba from Blackburn so that our defence could have been Samba, Bamba and Manga!
Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:05 am
Chopra was an excellent player, was exciting times watching city. I often wonder how far he could have gone without his troubles.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:13 am
Chopra, a Cardiff legend imo. So many good memories watching him play.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:14 pm
Igovernor wrote:Chris we bought the wrong Murphy brother there

I agree on Chopra

Absolutely, Rog! I think they wete swapped at Strensham Services on the way down!
Voting (so far) as I expected
Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:16 pm
Medel went on to have a good career
Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:21 pm
Chopra easily tops that list with Manga also being a good buy. Medel started well but tailed off when it became clear we wouldn’t survive. I would have liked to have seen more of Glatzel but the others were all fairly average other than Madine who was awful.
Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:36 pm
Cardiff_CPT wrote:Medel went on to have a good career
He did but as Worcester correctly points out he more or less downed tools after Christmas and couldn't wait to catch the first plane out at the end of the season.
For a so- called "Pitbull" he was more like a pussycat.
Waste of money.
Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:11 pm
1. Michael Chopra
2. Bruno Manga
3. Gary Medel
4. Steven Caulker
5. Bobby Reid
6. Robert Glatzel
7. Andreas Cornelius
8. Josh Murphy
9. Aden Flint
10. Gary Madine
Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:19 pm
No way is Chopra at £4m the best, one decent season, one below average season and then sold for less than half we paid.
People have rose tinted glasses from his initial spells.
Manga by far is the best value and performance-wise, followed probably by Caulker who was pretty good and we didn’t really lose any money on.
Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:23 pm
Only Chopra and Manga I consider as hits
Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:43 pm
If we're basing Chopra from his second stint (when we payed that money) then I think Manga wins this one for me.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.