Cardiff City Forum



A forum for all things Cardiff City

Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Austri

Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:53 am

Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Austria — for celebrating his goal by mimicking firing a gun.

Thankfully Israel went on to lose the Nations League clash 3-1.


Should now be Banned from Football:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:41 am

Looks more like he's mimicking a snooker or pool shot

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:52 am

MikeO76 wrote:Looks more like he's mimicking a snooker or pool shot



Really when it’s an Israeli player ex IDF



Well I watched the video and he was pretending to shoot people and we all
Know what he meant.

His reply when questioned he had been thinking about the IDF army.


The Prick is pretending to line his targets up as they have been doing killing / slaughtering over 75,000 Children / Women and Men.

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 9:25 am

MikeO76 wrote:Looks more like he's mimicking a snooker or pool shot


I can see why you'd think that from the still picture but I suggest you look at the video, he was definitely mimicking a gunshot.

Had already been booked so quite rightly sent off.

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:07 am

Israel fa probably scream antisemitism at referee for sending him off? But officially 2nd yellow for using inflammatory celebration when scoring so uefa obviously believe he was aiming imaginary gun....and the idiots in Israel wonder why countries want Israel banned!

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Austria — for celebrating his goal by mimicking firing a gun.

Thankfully Israel went on to lose the Nations League clash 3-1.


Should now be Banned from Football:


Earnie has done a machine gun celebration numerous times, but he wasn’t ex military and the circumstances were very different. A tough call.

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:28 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Austria — for celebrating his goal by mimicking firing a gun.

Thankfully Israel went on to lose the Nations League clash 3-1.


Should now be Banned from Football:


Earnie has done a machine gun celebration numerous times, but he wasn’t ex military and the circumstances were very different. A tough call.



But we all know 1,000% Earnies motives were not political and was a genuine celebration.

This is a celebration of murdering innocent people.

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:30 pm

Definitely imitating a gun as I can’t remember many snooker cues having recoil.

However, he wasn’t sent off for the gun imagery but because he removed the corner flag, though suspension may take into account the gun imagery.

Though I can’t imagine they’d have the balls to do so as Israel will just cry antisemitism.

Although saying that the Israeli FA might just take the opportunity to throw one of their few players of Arab descent under the bus.

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 1:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:Looks more like he's mimicking a snooker or pool shot



Really when it’s an Israeli player ex IDF



Well I watched the video and he was pretending to shoot people and we all
Know what he meant.

His reply when questioned he had been thinking about the IDF army.


The Prick is pretending to line his targets up as they have been doing killing / slaughtering over 75,000 Children / Women and Men.

I haven't seen the footage, just commented on the photo. In hindsight I should have watched it before posting.

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 1:36 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:Looks more like he's mimicking a snooker or pool shot



Really when it’s an Israeli player ex IDF



Well I watched the video and he was pretending to shoot people and we all
Know what he meant.

His reply when questioned he had been thinking about the IDF army.


The Prick is pretending to line his targets up as they have been doing killing / slaughtering over 75,000 Children / Women and Men.

I haven't seen the footage, just commented on the photo. In hindsight I should have watched it before posting.


I thought the same from just looking at the photo which is all we had to go on without searching out a video to go with it. Now that people have said that the video tells the story then it's a different thing all together.

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:50 pm

M4 Exile wrote:Definitely imitating a gun as I can’t remember many snooker cues having recoil.

However, he wasn’t sent off for the gun imagery but because he removed the corner flag, though suspension may take into account the gun imagery.

Though I can’t imagine they’d have the balls to do so as Israel will just cry antisemitism.

Although saying that the Israeli FA might just take the opportunity to throw one of their few players of Arab descent under the bus.



Thought i read the yellow was for provocative action? Yes pulling flag out can be yellow but would he get one if already on a card not sure he would .... but regardless of that it is unquestionably a reference to israels actions in gaza and suspect he may need to answer for his actions thats if uefa got the balls to sanction him?

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:40 pm

No place for this in football annis end of!!!!

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:15 am

ORCHARD BLUEBIRD wrote:No place for this in football annis end of!!!!



Nigel,

100% Agree and that’s my point.

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Austria — for celebrating his goal by mimicking firing a gun.

Thankfully Israel went on to lose the Nations League clash 3-1.


Should now be Banned from Football:


Can someone tell me the difference in A Gordon goal celebration

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:27 pm

Bebbsyboy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Austria — for celebrating his goal by mimicking firing a gun.

Thankfully Israel went on to lose the Nations League clash 3-1.


Should now be Banned from Football:


Can someone tell me the difference in A Gordon goal celebration




Context thats the difference! he was or is an idf soldier who are murdering civilians by shooting them for sport! He made a gun motion including recoil! Gordon been doing his celebration for ages and hes not a soldier either Ernie did same celebrations in his time @ city.... Keane at spurs did a roll over with shooting mime at end.... Israeli did it as a boast he shoots peopleThats the context :thumbup:

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:19 am

pembroke allan wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:Definitely imitating a gun as I can’t remember many snooker cues having recoil.

However, he wasn’t sent off for the gun imagery but because he removed the corner flag, though suspension may take into account the gun imagery.

Though I can’t imagine they’d have the balls to do so as Israel will just cry antisemitism.

Although saying that the Israeli FA might just take the opportunity to throw one of their few players of Arab descent under the bus.



Thought i read the yellow was for provocative action? Yes pulling flag out can be yellow but would he get one if already on a card not sure he would .... but regardless of that it is unquestionably a reference to israels actions in gaza and suspect he may need to answer for his actions thats if uefa got the balls to sanction him?

Israel’s Sayed Abu Farhi was sent off immediately after scoring against Austria because of his goal celebration.

He scored Israel’s equaliser in the 55th minute of the Nations League match.

He ran to the corner, picked up the corner flag, and used it to make a gesture that appeared to simulate firing a gun.

He had already received a yellow card earlier, so the referee, Georgi Kabakov, gave him a second yellow for the celebration, which meant an automatic red card.

UEFA’s laws allow a yellow for provocative/derisory/inflammatory gestures, and removing the corner flag itself can also be a bookable offence.

Seems pretty clear to me!

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:18 pm

MikeO76 wrote:Looks more like he's mimicking a snooker or pool shot


I actually think you are right on this

I don't want to upset people but this isn't what people are making out

I've watched the video and he's mimicking a break in pool

Even in the photo you can see how he positions the hand thats not how anyone holds a gun

I don't like the nation one bit and they should get punished for what they are doing but this isn't a gun being mimicked

He clearly got a second yellow for taking the corner flag out which has been a rule since I've been alive at least

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:24 pm

froggy1927 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:Looks more like he's mimicking a snooker or pool shot


I actually think you are right on this

I don't want to upset people but this isn't what people are making out

I've watched the video and he's mimicking a break in pool

Even in the photo you can see how he positions the hand thats not how anyone holds a gun

I don't like the nation one bit and they should get punished for what they are doing but this isn't a gun being mimicked

He clearly got a second yellow for taking the corner flag out which has been a rule since I've been alive at least


Do you think picking up corner flag constitute
provocative....derisory....inflammatory gestures? because thats what uefa states he got 2nd yellow for....
I'm not sure you can call it any of those descriptions... picking up flag is an yellow card offence on its own so why didn't uefa say this is the reason?

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
froggy1927 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:Looks more like he's mimicking a snooker or pool shot


I actually think you are right on this

I don't want to upset people but this isn't what people are making out

I've watched the video and he's mimicking a break in pool

Even in the photo you can see how he positions the hand thats not how anyone holds a gun

I don't like the nation one bit and they should get punished for what they are doing but this isn't a gun being mimicked

He clearly got a second yellow for taking the corner flag out which has been a rule since I've been alive at least


Do you think picking up corner flag constitute
provocative....derisory....inflammatory gestures? because thats what uefa states he got 2nd yellow for....
I'm not sure you can call it any of those descriptions... picking up flag is an yellow card offence on its own so why didn't uefa say this is the reason?


Probably because 90% of the Internet has gone into a frenzy over this and it's probably put it in the heads of people in uefa

It's incredible how easy misinformation can spread these days

But I can clearly see he is mimicking a pool shot just look how he makes a bridge with the front hand
That isn't how you hold a gun, the hand would be cupping from underneath

Seriously people need to get a grip this is not what you all want it to be

But fifa are to blame because they shouldn't have even allowed Israel to compete

Re: Israel’s Abu Farhi was SENT OFF after scoring against Au

Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:09 pm

froggy1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
froggy1927 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:Looks more like he's mimicking a snooker or pool shot


I actually think you are right on this

I don't want to upset people but this isn't what people are making out

I've watched the video and he's mimicking a break in pool

Even in the photo you can see how he positions the hand thats not how anyone holds a gun

I don't like the nation one bit and they should get punished for what they are doing but this isn't a gun being mimicked

He clearly got a second yellow for taking the corner flag out which has been a rule since I've been alive at least


Do you think picking up corner flag constitute
provocative....derisory....inflammatory gestures? because thats what uefa states he got 2nd yellow for....
I'm not sure you can call it any of those descriptions... picking up flag is an yellow card offence on its own so why didn't uefa say this is the reason?


Probably because 90% of the Internet has gone into a frenzy over this and it's probably put it in the heads of people in uefa

It's incredible how easy misinformation can spread these days

But I can clearly see he is mimicking a pool shot just look how he makes a bridge with the front hand
That isn't how you hold a gun, the hand would be cupping from underneath

Seriously people need to get a grip this is not what you all want it to be

But fifa are to blame because they shouldn't have even allowed Israel to compete



Well this is social media for you! But yes they should never been allowed to compete anywhere?
As for uefa not sure social media had influence as explanation was put out quickly.... but take point about way holding post...