Cardiff City Forum



A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cristiano Ronaldo just 21 short 1,000 career goals ahead of

Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:15 am

Cristiano Ronaldo just 21 short 1,000 career goals ahead of Portugal v Wales

Craig Bellamy: “Seriously. Who gets a thousand goals? We’re not counting youth football or anything. It’s just silly and I hope he gets it. But I hope he gets nothing against us.”

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo just 21 short 1,000 career goals ahead

Thu Sep 24, 2026 10:30 am

Not a great fan of Ronaldo but 1,000 goals would be ridiculous.

He'll probably score at least one goal tonight.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo just 21 short 1,000 career goals ahead

Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:32 am

He's not fit to lace Kion Etete's boots.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo just 21 short 1,000 career goals ahead

Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a great fan of Ronaldo but 1,000 goals would be ridiculous.

He'll probably score at least one goal tonight.

Nearly, Ned; nearly! :laughing6:

I never liked him (probably because he appears overconfident and played for ManUre) but I have a family member whose step-dad was in school with him in Madeira, and he says the things he’s done for his family, his community, and for charities elsewhere, are hugely underestimated and undervalued, so he gets credit for that alone from me

Reaching 1,000 goals would be incredible, although I’m sure Edson Arantes do Nascimento achieved it in his footballing career first? :clap:

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo just 21 short 1,000 career goals ahead

Fri Sep 25, 2026 9:52 am

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a great fan of Ronaldo but 1,000 goals would be ridiculous.

He'll probably score at least one goal tonight.

Nearly, Ned; nearly! :laughing6:

I never liked him (probably because he appears overconfident and played for ManUre) but I have a family member whose step-dad was in school with him in Madeira, and he says the things he’s done for his family, his community, and for charities elsewhere, are hugely underestimated and undervalued, so he gets credit for that alone from me

Reaching 1,000 goals would be incredible, although I’m sure Edson Arantes do Nascimento achieved it in his footballing career first? :clap:


There are numerous videos online of Ronaldo interacting with fans, especially youngster and disabled kids which show him to be a genuinely kind and compassionate man, much like Jack Grealish.

Don't see that many of Messi though.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo just 21 short 1,000 career goals ahead

Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:41 pm

davids wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a great fan of Ronaldo but 1,000 goals would be ridiculous.

He'll probably score at least one goal tonight.

Nearly, Ned; nearly! :laughing6:

I never liked him (probably because he appears overconfident and played for ManUre) but I have a family member whose step-dad was in school with him in Madeira, and he says the things he’s done for his family, his community, and for charities elsewhere, are hugely underestimated and undervalued, so he gets credit for that alone from me

Reaching 1,000 goals would be incredible, although I’m sure Edson Arantes do Nascimento achieved it in his footballing career first? :clap:


There are numerous videos online of Ronaldo interacting with fans, especially youngster and disabled kids which show him to be a genuinely kind and compassionate man, much like Jack Grealish.

Don't see that many of Messi though.

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

With you! Messi ruined any reputation he (might have) had in the World Cup Final :oops:

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo just 21 short 1,000 career goals ahead

Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:52 am

Sven wrote:
davids wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a great fan of Ronaldo but 1,000 goals would be ridiculous.

He'll probably score at least one goal tonight.

Nearly, Ned; nearly! :laughing6:

I never liked him (probably because he appears overconfident and played for ManUre) but I have a family member whose step-dad was in school with him in Madeira, and he says the things he’s done for his family, his community, and for charities elsewhere, are hugely underestimated and undervalued, so he gets credit for that alone from me

Reaching 1,000 goals would be incredible, although I’m sure Edson Arantes do Nascimento achieved it in his footballing career first? :clap:


There are numerous videos online of Ronaldo interacting with fans, especially youngster and disabled kids which show him to be a genuinely kind and compassionate man, much like Jack Grealish.

Don't see that many of Messi though.

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

With you! Messi ruined any reputation he (might have) had in the World Cup Final :oops:


Fair points made by both of you about Ronaldo's character, I didn't know that.

Also agree about Messi's conduct at the World Cup.

What I will say is I thought that Ronaldo was Portugal's worst player by far the other night. I get he wants the 1,000 goals but then he needs to call it a day.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo just 21 short 1,000 career goals ahead

Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:19 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:
davids wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a great fan of Ronaldo but 1,000 goals would be ridiculous.

He'll probably score at least one goal tonight.

Nearly, Ned; nearly! :laughing6:

I never liked him (probably because he appears overconfident and played for ManUre) but I have a family member whose step-dad was in school with him in Madeira, and he says the things he’s done for his family, his community, and for charities elsewhere, are hugely underestimated and undervalued, so he gets credit for that alone from me

Reaching 1,000 goals would be incredible, although I’m sure Edson Arantes do Nascimento achieved it in his footballing career first? :clap:


There are numerous videos online of Ronaldo interacting with fans, especially youngster and disabled kids which show him to be a genuinely kind and compassionate man, much like Jack Grealish.

Don't see that many of Messi though.

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

With you! Messi ruined any reputation he (might have) had in the World Cup Final :oops:


Fair points made by both of you about Ronaldo's character, I didn't know that.

Also agree about Messi's conduct at the World Cup.

What I will say is I thought that Ronaldo was Portugal's worst player by far the other night. I get he wants the 1,000 goals but then he needs to call it a day.

On that (retirement) I agree! Well overdue on the international front! He’s a fading luxury at that level now, almost a circus oddity, and I think it’s holding the younger players back!