Cardiff City Forum



A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF star Perry Ng is jetting out to Singapore to pursue

Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:59 pm

CARDIFF star Perry Ng is jetting out to Singapore to pursue his international football dream.

The 30-year-old defender, who was born in Liverpool, is still awaiting clearance to play for the country of his grandad’s birth.


And he hopes that spending a week in Asia and forcing through the last remaining admin will help him get his hands on an all-important Singaporean passport.





Ng said: “I’m off to Singapore for a week, then back into club training for a week leading into our next game.

“It’ll be a good week away to kick things on over there and see what happens.”

“I’m not allowed to play in the matches yet because my passport isn’t sorted.”

“Hopefully I can complete a few remaining requirements to finalise the passport while I’m there this week.”




Ng, who has made 229 appearances for Cardiff since signing from Crewe in 2021, added: “Playing in official games is still a little way off.

“They have three fixtures this week, but I won’t be able to play.

“Hopefully I’ll get a few training sessions in with the squad depending on when I have to complete the administrative work for the passport.

“I have to attend a couple of sessions with government officials, and hopefully we’re not too far away from getting it finalised.

“It would be brilliant to get it sorted sooner rather than later because I’m getting on a bit!



Ng is still in the dark over when he will be eligible to pull on the Singapore shirt for the first time.

Their triple-header of upcoming fixtures is expected to come too soon.

But an Asian Cup campaign in January could be the ideal time for Ng to make a splash for the world’s 146th-ranked team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CARDIFF star Perry Ng is jetting out to Singapore to pur

Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:41 pm

On a personal level, hope he gets his passport sorted out over there because know it means a lot to him.

But could be a big miss for us when it's the Asian Cup in January.

Re: CARDIFF star Perry Ng is jetting out to Singapore to pur

Thu Sep 24, 2026 6:21 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:On a personal level, hope he gets his passport sorted out over there because know it means a lot to him.

But could be a big miss for us when it's the Asian Cup in January.



Yes for him personally great, for us a worry.