Cardiff City Forum



A forum for all things Cardiff City

DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBERS

Tue Sep 22, 2026 12:11 pm

“ DYLAN LAWLOR “

Dylan Lawlor is back and fully fit and BBM remained defiant that Bellamy could not call him up for Wales after Lawlor has missed the last few months.



“ RUBIN COLWILL “

Cardiff have not yet seen a fully-fit Rubin Colwill operating consistently this season, but that is likely to change after the break as Rubin is now back in full training and looking very sharp.


And there is an intriguing question for the manager to solve.

Jack Moylan has emerged as one of Cardiff's most influential attacking players since arriving from Lincoln City, producing goals, assists and moments of huge quality.

Finding a way to get Moylan and Colwill into the same side could give Cardiff another attacking dimension.




“ CALUM CHAMBERS “


Calum Chambers remains much further away and will probably miss October as well.








“ ISAAK DAVIES “

While Isaak Davies is also working his way towards a return, but has continued to be hammered by niggling injuries over the years and they keep recurring.

Barry-Murphy knows this is an unusually valuable period to get work into those players.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 12:18 pm

Definitely need to get Moylan and Rubin playing together when both are available. Been critical of Rubin in the past but been mostly pleased with him this season. Moylan has been good in every game.

So I'd have Rubin as the ten and Moylan on the left.

Personally don't think Isaak is good enough for this level.

Not sure Chambers gets in the team anyway. Lawlor and Fish are coming back, Osho has done well recently and we now have Bielik too. I would choose all four of those over Chambers.

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 12:22 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Definitely need to get Moylan and Rubin playing together when both are available. Been critical of Rubin in the past but been mostly pleased with him this season. Moylan has been good in every game.

So I'd have Rubin as the ten and Moylan on the left.

Personally don't think Isaak is good enough for this level.

Not sure Chambers gets in the team anyway. Lawlor and Fish are coming back, Osho has done well recently and we now have Bielik too. I would choose all four of those over Chambers.




Ned,

I would love them both to be playing together. Would probably be two of the best in the Championship when Rubins at his best.

Isaak for me has never been good enough for the Championship and at 25 years old and very injury prone I would not keep him after this season.

Chambers past his sell by date.

Lawlor and Fish will def only help this team.

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 12:25 pm

“ Will Fish “

Cardiff have been forced to play the entire opening eight games without Will Fish.

The centre-back has been sidelined for several months after a hernia operation, leaving Barry-Murphy to rely heavily on Gabriel Osho and Krystian Bielik in the heart of his defence.

That pairing is beginning to develop a promising understanding, with both producing strong performances during Cardiff's recent run.

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 12:26 pm

Chambers for me can be interchangeable with Bielik, I wouldn’t mind either in the 6 for games where we’re going to be up against it a bit more

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:52 pm

For me it's two out of three at CH between Lawlor, Fish + Osho, Bielik playing the DM position and Chambers back up DM player. (he had is best games last time in the championship at DM) I also agree that Davies is not good enough at this level.

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:59 pm

Davies and chambers are so injury prone it's frightening two players who can play I'd swap for them if we could as there not championship players for me, but we can't :lol:

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:48 pm

I think Davies is an impact sub at best. Chambers, Beilek and Osho have all played games at 6 so could help with rotation. I'm guessing Rubin will play in the middle and Moylan on the left when everyone is available. I hope he keeps Joel in the team too as he gives us something different in there

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 5:23 pm

Rubin is the only one we miss since Billie came in, him and osho have settled the back line

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:14 pm

I don't particularly like Rubin as a 10, he needs to play deeper, get on the ball, and dictate the game. He needs to be the 8.

I think this will be BBM's plan for this season. Make Robertson a 6 and Rubin an 8. Both are top level championship or even better in possesion and attacking, but both follow the ball like 5-year-olds and get caught out of position a few times a game. Rubin's tackle and steal stats would surprise a few

The spine of Lawlor, Beilek, Robertson, Rubin, Moylan and Salech is pretty decent........ Just get us far more threatening wide players, and it could get interesting.

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 7:10 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I don't particularly like Rubin as a 10, he needs to play deeper, get on the ball, and dictate the game. He needs to be the 8.

I think this will be BBM's plan for this season. Make Robertson a 6 and Rubin an 8. Both are top level championship or even better in possesion and attacking, but both follow the ball like 5-year-olds and get caught out of position a few times a game. Rubin's tackle and steal stats would surprise a few

The spine of Lawlor, Beilek, Robertson, Rubin, Moylan and Salech is pretty decent........ Just get us far more threatening wide players, and it could get interesting.


This ^^

I’ve said before that I believe Rubin should play a deeper role. He can break the lines comfortably with his passing and his runs forward.

I’ve always been a fan since day one but at this moment Moylan is a better and more effective no. 10.

Re: DYLAN LAWLOR / RUBIN COLWILL /ISAAK DAVIES/CALLUM CHAMBE

Tue Sep 22, 2026 9:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Definitely need to get Moylan and Rubin playing together when both are available. Been critical of Rubin in the past but been mostly pleased with him this season. Moylan has been good in every game.

So I'd have Rubin as the ten and Moylan on the left.

Personally don't think Isaak is good enough for this level.

Not sure Chambers gets in the team anyway. Lawlor and Fish are coming back, Osho has done well recently, and we now have Bielik too. I would choose all four of those over Chambers.


Strong team when Rubin, Lawlor, and Fish are back with Robertson, Salech, Moylan, and the rest; we will be hard to stop. I'm looking forward to it.